Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
Just tried my new Lexus tune at the spa drift seasonal and first try I got almost 20,000 lol. Not bad for a track I never try and a brand new car I never use. If you can't get gold, trying that car has got to work for you too. I attempted it in my speed 12 but things just got too crazy so I said screw it lol.

Just tried my new Lexus tune at the spa drift seasonal and first try I got almost 20,000 lol. Not bad for a track I never try and a brand new car I never use. If you can't get gold, trying that car has got to work for you too. I attempted it in my speed 12 but things just got too crazy so I said screw it lol.

I remember when I first tried that event. I had just set up my RX-8 using your drift tune and noticed they had just opened that event. I thought to myself that that was the perfect opportunity for me to test your tune. Although I'm relatively new to drifting I got gold at that event on my first attempt using a car I had never tried before on a course I had never drifted on before. That was a great feeling!:)👍

Matra
I remember when I first tried that event. I had just set up my RX-8 using your drift tune and noticed they had just opened that event. I thought to myself that that was the perfect opportunity for me to test your tune. Although I'm relatively new to drifting I got gold at that event on my first attempt using a car I had never tried before on a course I had never drifted on before. That was a great feeling!:)👍

Lol nice another success story

[
BMW M3 Coupe 2007

I was asked to do this car so long ago and it is finally done lol. So far I have not seen a BMW that was not good at drifting and this car holds true to that. However it was a tiny bit less exciting that I expected. Does everything fine and no real problems, but seems a bit flat for me. Still if you like this car and want to drift with it you now have your chance.

P.S. the pics were taken by BlindArchangel

Last edited:
Could you tell me what is the 2nd best car for drifting in Gt5? There is no doubt that the Cerbera 12 is the first one but i refuse to drive it! Now, as far as i read i found out that the Aston Martin V8 Vantage ’99 and the Buick Special are the fittest. Can you please tune this two cars for me? I can get into the first 1000people in any Drift Trial Seasonal Event but i just can't find a proper drift car to score enough points. I can easily score 25k-30k on Tsukuba with some of the other cars you have tuned but i need one to blow Polyphony Digital's minds out.

Mihai1
Could you tell me what is the 2nd best car for drifting in Gt5? There is no doubt that the Cerbera 12 is the first one but i refuse to drive it! Now, as far as i read i found out that the Aston Martin V8 Vantage ’99 and the Buick Special are the fittest. Can you please tune this two cars for me? I can get into the first 1000people in any Drift Trial Seasonal Event but i just can't find a proper drift car to score enough points. I can easily score 25k-30k on Tsukuba with some of the other cars you have tuned but i need one to blow Polyphony Digital's minds out.

Lol well to blow minds you need the speed 12. The two others cars you said would be the next best tho. I guess I could tune them. Not sure when they will be done tho.

Honda NSX Type R 2002

One of the first cars I ever bought to start drifting. I heard it was awesome and used someones settings and I did not like it at all. Almost killed my drifting career because it made drifting so difficult which was amplified by my lack of any actual drifting experience. Luckily for all of you I have gone back to this old car and attempted to re-tune it. I will say it is not the easier car to tune and do not know why people suggest it as a excellent drift car. This tune however makes that statement true lol. I tuned it and wasn't totally happy than tried it a few days later and I realized I do like it. It is not that hard to drift it just has somewhat low power so you are on the gas more. It drifts nice and smooth and is pretty easy to control. My personal one is also the stock black color with the black rims that have the chrome lip and it looks awesome. Closest thing to the batmobile I have seen yet.

P.S. the pics were taken by Ferrari_458 I highly suggest you check out his other pics because they are sweeeet

Last edited:
Ok people I have set a release date for my mythical RX-7 (yes the exact one in my banner). I was waiting for a special occasion to finally put this up, but nothing real exciting has happened until now. So I am taking a online course and it is much harder than I have thought. If I pass the course which is what I'm planning on doing than as soon as I see the grade I will put out the tune. If I do not pass the tune will be gone forever. The course ends around the end of April so I'm thinking the month after will final grades.

I will tell you right now the car is insane. It was born to drift. I hit the gas and it drifts with full control. Some will fall in love with it and others will find it too intense.

Updated the home page so you can find things in the app. As far as I can tell everything still looks fine but if you see a mistake please tell me

Autumn Ring Mini_3 by Shmogt3, on Flickr
Car: BMW M5 2008
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 691HP/8100rpm
Torque: 475 ft-lb/6900rpm
Weight: 1394 kg
Miles: 43.7
Performance Points: 582

PARTS:
All parts, I'm using comfort hard tires. Spoiler if you want just set it to the lowest.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 4.520
2nd: 3.220
3rd: 2.527
4th: 2.025
5th: 1.659
6th: 1.392
7th: 1.190
Final: 3.690
Top Speed: 180

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/28
Accel: xx/45
Braking: xx/11

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 14.5/9.8
Extension: 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 4.3/1.0
Toe: -0.38/-0.47

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

TUNER COMMENTS:

Here it is the big boy M5. Drifted pretty well stock, but wasn't good enough for me lol. Managed to squeeze out an extra 8,000 points with this tune which I feel is a large improvement lol. It was so tricky to get just right too. I made all these super tiny changes that kept making large differences. Watch your angles and give it a few test laps and you should get the hang of it to get big drifts.

The toughest time I had was deciding what styling I wanted to go with. I already have a all white one with black accessories and another different color white one with white rims, but I needed something super cool for this one. I was gonna paint it either a dark blue where the light hits it and the paint goes white with blue rims with the chrome lip. The other option was a orange and black combo. I looked at every single color, but eventually decided going with the orange and black. It was just the perfect orange and looks awesome drifting around.

P.S. I got some sweeeet pics. Check them in my gallery

Nice guide. But I have one problem/question with tuning my M5. I can't set the transmission ratios as mentioned in your guide. My top speed can't decrease to 180 (200 is min.)

Some info about my M5 2008:
716 PK (fully tuned)
585 PP
1394 Kg

T3DDYB3AR
Nice guide. But I have one problem/question with tuning my M5. I can't set the transmission ratios as mentioned in your guide. My top speed can't decrease to 180 (200 is min.)

Some info about my M5 2008:
716 PK (fully tuned)
585 PP
1394 Kg
This isn't my thread, so sorry if I'm stepping on any toes. Shmo probably uses MPH and I'm guessing you use KPH. You may need to convert it 👍

This isn't my thread, so sorry if I'm stepping on any toes. Shmo probably uses MPH and I'm guessing you use KPH. You may need to convert it 👍

Hmm yes I honestly didn't think about that. Thank you for helping me out. I'm going to try it out right now, and see if that's the problem:)👍

Ferrari 458 Italia 2009

This car has got to be one of the best racing cars and it is also a pretty good drifter. I like it's sharp lines everywhere. I think it would look really cool with a special paint and rims scheme. Overall no real problems just lots of fun.

P.S. the pics were taken by Ferrari_458 I highly suggest you check out his other pics because they are sweeeet

Last edited:

Nissan SILVIA K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 by shmogt, on Flickr
Car: Nissan SILVIA K's Dia Selection (S13) 1990
Transmission
1st: 3.003
2nd: 2.307
3rd: 1.884
4th: 1.576
5th: 1.268
6th: 1.044
Final: 4.074
Top Speed: 143

Every single drift car i have has been made using the configuration i've found in this topic and after trying the most powerful drift machines found here (the 599, the Ford GT, ZR1 and Cerbera S12), it's time i try some of the other cars. When i got to this car i found a problem.

I use Km/h instead of Mph/h and i usually convert the speeds but this one doesn't fit. 143Mph equals 230.1 km/h.
If i set the max speed at 230km/h and the final gear at 4.074 then the max speed shown in the up right corner shows 242km/h and the 1st gear ratio can be situated anywhere between 3.020 and 4.062 (so 3.003 is not possible)
If i set the max speed higher (240, 250km/h) the further they go from the needed value.
If i set the max speed lower (210,220km/h) almost none of the ratios fit.

Can you please adjust the ratios for those who use km/h and also start posting from now on both in Mph and km/h. I know you have already stated in the first post that the speed is expressed in mph but there are a lot of people who end up here asking the same thing. You've got tons of examples in this topic.

Thank you.

J40k
Hey man got a tune fora enzo on route x?
Lol are you sure you want a DRIFT tune?

Mihai1
Every single drift car i have has been made using the configuration i've found in this topic and after trying the most powerful drift machines found here (the 599, the Ford GT, ZR1 and Cerbera S12), it's time i try some of the other cars. When i got to this car i found a problem.

I use Km/h instead of Mph/h and i usually convert the speeds but this one doesn't fit. 143Mph equals 230.1 km/h.
If i set the max speed at 230km/h and the final gear at 4.074 then the max speed shown in the up right corner shows 242km/h and the 1st gear ratio can be situated anywhere between 3.020 and 4.062 (so 3.003 is not possible)
If i set the max speed higher (240, 250km/h) the further they go from the needed value.
If i set the max speed lower (210,220km/h) almost none of the ratios fit.

Can you please adjust the ratios for those who use km/h and also start posting from now on both in Mph and km/h. I know you have already stated in the first post that the speed is expressed in mph but there are a lot of people who end up here asking the same thing. You've got tons of examples in this topic.

Thank you.

Sometimes on new updates the transmission settings change randomly. I have no idea why and it is super annoying. I'll look into the ratios that I have. Also if that happens usually close enough will end up the same.

The mph and kph I have been asked to do before. I know logically it makes more sense for them to just be in kph since the entire world uses it, but stupid America still uses mph and since they have made pretty much everything to do with cars I have learned it. I guess I can convert everything to show both, it's just going to be so annoying for me to go through each tune. Also the only thing that needs to be converted is the top speed?

shmogt,

FYI, I noticed a couple of mistakes with your Ferrari 458 Italia '09 drift post. First, for your 3rd gear setting you put 2.971, but I think you must have meant 1.971. Also, with the optional spoiler the downforce setting can't be set to 0/5. The lowest possible downforce setting is 10/25.

shmogt,

FYI, I noticed a couple of mistakes with your Ferrari 458 Italia '09 drift post. First, for your 3rd gear setting you put 2.971, but I think you must have meant 1.971. Also, with the optional spoiler the downforce setting can't be set to 0/5. The lowest possible downforce setting is 10/25.

Thanks for telling me. The I don't have a spoiler on mine so I just guessed what the downforce would be.

I edited a few things to the Ford GT'02. If you have that tune please go to see the edit as it will make the car much better.

Hello shmogt,
I have tested your tunes for the GT86 '12 and for the Silvia S13.
They are great, but I have the same problem with the gears as mihai1...
I am not very good in drifting, I have been drifting for 2 weeks now.

Would you want to make a easy (I am a beginner) drift tune for the Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A FD '02?
I beleive that is the car of the picture on the first page of your tread, but I can't find a drift tune of you for it...

jimmy75
One stupid question.All your setups are for offline or online mode?
Both. Usually it's the same style but sometimes you have to be a little less aggressive when online I have found. Only recent updates have changed drifting driving and it's really random on the cars that it effects

Thomasss95
Hello shmogt,
I have tested your tunes for the GT86 '12 and for the Silvia S13.
They are great, but I have the same problem with the gears as mihai1...
I am not very good in drifting, I have been drifting for 2 weeks now.

Would you want to make a easy (I am a beginner) drift tune for the Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A FD '02?
I beleive that is the car of the picture on the first page of your tread, but I can't find a drift tune of you for it...

Yes I still have to go check why the gears on that one are weird and get around to changing everything to kmph as well. As for the rx-7 read a few post above maybe page back and I mentioned about that cars release date.

As for the rx-7 read a few post above maybe page back and I mentioned about that cars release date.

That's nice, I am looking forward to that tune! :)
Could you give me some advice for the rx-7, so I can play around with it until you release your full tune for it?

Thomasss95
That's nice, I am looking forward to that tune! :)
Could you give me some advice for the rx-7, so I can play around with it until you release your full tune for it?

Lol umm set it up with all all parts like I usually use only stage two turbo. Than set a fancy paint and rim combo. Than don't touch the car and drift with other cars to practice until I release the actual tune.

Back