Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
I shmo, do you no something about the secret of points, i try alot in sazonal and always lost 1000pts for sector from the best guys of the top 10. I stay in top 250 but is a long way to the top 20. In the begin you speak you ill Make a new setup for TVR speed 12. i like your setup but in the points miss something.

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 drift by Shmogt3, on Flickr
Car: Ferrari 458 Italia 2009
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 724HP/9900rpm
Torque: 465 ft-lb/6900rpm
Weight: 1232 kg
Miles: 213.4
Performance Points: 612

PARTS:
All parts, and optional spoiler. I'm using comfort hard tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 10/25
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 3.529
2nd: 2.514
3rd: 1.971
4th: 1.605
5th: 1.350
6th: 1.167
7th: 1.014
Final: 4.760
Top Speed: 168

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/18
Accel: xx/35
Braking: xx/26

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-15
Spring Rate: 11.0/8.2
Extension: 5/4
Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll: 3/3
Camber: 2.0/3.6
Toe: -0.27/-0.24

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/6

TUNER COMMENTS:

This car has got to be one of the best racing cars and it is also a pretty good drifter. I like it's sharp lines everywhere. I think it would look really cool with a special paint and rims scheme. Overall no real problems just lots of fun.

P.S. the pics were taken by Ferrari_458 I highly suggest you check out his other pics because they are sweeeet

i always love the 458 it's my favorite ferrari and when i saw a drift tune i think i have to try that.so i tried it and this thing feel so planted on the road when you get the drift right and the gears shift like a drag car.but you need to be careful with the throttle because this is a big drifter than an controllable supercar. give i too much and you spin pretty easily. i using a wheel and this thing is so controllable i can do a big drift or let it drift and i can catch it again. i still love this thing though

Thomasss95
Thanks for the tip lol.
Could you make a drift tune for the Dodge Ram 1500?
I have been working on a Chevy SS truck tune but haven't got it perfect yet. Maybe a Ram after that of I finally get it right.

obsessive rules
What happened to the x1 drift tune?
Got a million other car request so I'm just going in order. The X1 is unpredictable so I haven't put to much time into something that may be impossible. Once the other cars are done than I will focus more time on it.

Brandoino1984
I shmo, do you no something about the secret of points, i try alot in sazonal and always lost 1000pts for sector from the best guys of the top 10. I stay in top 250 but is a long way to the top 20. In the begin you speak you ill Make a new setup for TVR speed 12. i like your setup but in the points miss something.
The only tips that for sure work are as follows. 1. Follow the race line. The closer you stick to the race line the more points you will get. 2. Speed/angle. The faster you can take the corner at an angle the more points. Finally 3. Smoothness. You want to drift the corner not have a bunch of stop start action. You may think you are drifting but a good drift feels like the car is on ice and just needs a tiny push to smoothly glide it perfectly.

In the end it all comes down to whether you have the gift to drift big. One guy I know is absolutely always top 50 and usually top 10 in seasonals and he gave me his speed 12 with same setup. However I can not achieve such high results. The setup I did although the opposite style of his still provides the same results for me.

lldantell
i always love the 458 it's my favorite ferrari and when i saw a drift tune i think i have to try that.so i tried it and this thing feel so planted on the road when you get the drift right and the gears shift like a drag car.but you need to be careful with the throttle because this is a big drifter than an controllable supercar. give i too much and you spin pretty easily. i using a wheel and this thing is so controllable i can do a big drift or let it drift and i can catch it again. i still love this thing though
The car is pretty fast you have to watch the gas. Just keep practicing and you will know how much gas to not spin every time.

Zoony
the gear setting for the supra are not matching
I'll check them out

Please check out the SL600 gear ratios, the 3rd gear is a long way from the value you mentioned and it makes changing into 4th difficult.

Mihai1
Please check out the SL600 gear ratios, the 3rd gear is a long way from the value you mentioned and it makes changing into 4th difficult.

Lol ok. Stupid GT updates change all my ratios

Ok guys any recent cars that were asked about gearing have been fixed. I am also slowly adding kmph to all the tunes

Aston Martin DB9 2006

I have this car in matte black with black rims and a carbon fiber hood. The thing looks so cool. I use it for racing, but I have seen a lot of people ask for this car in drift so here it is! The car is pretty good overall. I think serious people will love this car as it can get huge points, but everyone will like it because it makes it easy.

P.S. the pics were taken by BlindArchangel

Last edited:

Honda NSX Type R '02 by Shmogt3, on Flickr
Car: Honda NSX Type R 2002
Horsepower: 452HP/7900rpm
Torque: 325 ft-lb/6400rpm
Weight: 1051 kg
Miles: 70.0
Performance Points: 546

PARTS:
All parts, and optional spoiler. I'm using comfort hard tires

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/5

Transmission
1st: 3.690
2nd: 2.631
3rd: 2.062
4th: 1.661
5th: 1.379
6th: 1.165
Final: 3.960
Top Speed: 149

Initial: xx/60
Accel: xx/60
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.5/11.1
Extension: 7/6
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll: 4/3
Camber: 3.8/0.7
Toe: -0.30/-0.22

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:

One of the first cars I ever bought to start drifting. I heard it was awesome and used someones settings and I did not like it at all. Almost killed my drifting career because it made drifting so difficult which was amplified by my lack of any actual drifting experience. Luckily for all of you I have gone back to this old car and attempted to re-tune it. I will say it is not the easier car to tune and do not know why people suggest it as a excellent drift car. This tune however makes that statement true lol. I tuned it and wasn't totally happy than tried it a few days later and I realized I do like it. It is not that hard to drift it just has somewhat low power so you are on the gas more. It drifts nice and smooth and is pretty easy to control. My personal one is also the stock black color with the black rims that have the chrome lip and it looks awesome. Closest thing to the batmobile I have seen yet.

P.S. the pics were taken by Ferrari_458 I highly suggest you check out his other pics because they are sweeeet

u know it ain a "FR" right?, else i will tryu out this setup when i get home, ive tested a bit with "DC3" and it seems to work great ;)

crash9201
just found out if you lower the samba bus pimp tune all the way it drifts somewhat well
Lol nice taking my race tunes and making them into drift tunes

supra9126
u know it ain a "FR" right?, else i will tryu out this setup when i get home, ive tested a bit with "DC3" and it seems to work great ;)

Damn I swear when I made that I put MR. Thanks I'll change it

shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77159735@N07/6962996075/
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08 by Shmogt3, on Flickr
Car: Lexus IS F Racing Concept 2008
Horsepower: 748HP/7300rpm
Torque: 546 ft-lb/6300rpm
Weight: 1350 kg
Miles: 23.0
Performance Points: 614

PARTS:
All parts. I'm using comfort hard tires.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15/30

Transmission
1st: 4.330
2nd: 3.011
3rd: 2.340
4th: 1.880
5th: 1.546
6th: 1.348
Final: 2.600
Top Speed: 149

Initial: xx/43
Accel: xx/49
Braking: xx/8

Suspension
Ride Height: -4/-4
Spring Rate: 15.4/14.4
Extension: 7/6
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll: 3/3
Camber: 3.2/0.9
Toe: -0.25/-0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:

Well I have had this car for a long time now and never up the tune. Personally I didn't really like it and figured it was pointless. I have worked on it a lot more to try to make it much better and I will say it is much improved the car is just weird. I find it just a tiny bit over that limit of normal car and into full race car which makes for horrible drift cars. That being said it can drift, it isn't very hard and it does land decent points.

P.S. the pics were taken by The Car Tuner

Man this thing grippy!!! I can drift this thing a lot harder then the Ferrari and the downforce makes it safe as a race car.this is defentily a drift car for people like me that using a wheel.

Hiya,

I've been using the SL600 for the recent seasonal and I must say its a success, once again 👍
Its user friendly, the camber is quite conservative for seasonal but theres no need to go all out if you want to simply have fun with style :lol:
I'm getting like 18k @ suzuka and 12k the other DT seasonal in a try or two.
I manage a 22k with camber at 10.0/10.0 but thats not user friendly anymore.
:cheers: keep up the good work.

Merc SL600 (R230) 👍 👍

Lol nice taking my race tunes and making them into drift tunes

I just thought the bus would even better if it was slammed to the ground, then i took it on eiger nordwand short trail and it was sliding around on CH beautifully considering it was a bus. it did 19 grand on that track.
forgot to mention; i gotta work on the trans, it bogs out if you upshift in a drift, but you can enter the drift in a higher gear easily enough.

I just thought the bus would even better if it was slammed to the ground, then i took it on eiger nordwand short trail and it was sliding around on CH beautifully considering it was a bus. it did 19 grand on that track.
forgot to mention; i gotta work on the trans, it bogs out if you upshift in a drift, but you can enter the drift in a higher gear easily enough.

Sweet. I heard people drifting in it before, but never tried to myself. Maybe one day I'll make a full fledged drift tune for it since it would be pretty funny

crash9201
o its hilarious. funnier then the old bug for sure
Lol ok I'll add it to the list

Mihai1
shmogt, where are you with those tunes for the Buick Special and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage ’99 ?
Well I have a special car coming up next and than it will be probably the Buick after that

Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78

Old as hell, not the best of this style, low power, these are all the thoughts going on in your head right now but let me tell you non of that will matter once you drive it. I was asked to make this car a while ago and it's time on the waiting list has finally come up. I seriously love driving this thing. It is just so much fun. If you have this car you gotta try it out.

Last edited:
I just made my r8 v8 a drift car. It might not be the best tune but I did this with a wheel so here the settings

693 hp
1294 kg
610 pp

Fully tuned and tuned for tsukuba

Gearbox
1st 5.444
2nd 3.734
3rd 2.820
4th 2.226
5th 1.822
6th 1.533
Final gear 2.499