Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
shmogt
Drop the top speed than. I really have no idea why as mine still list what I wrote.

hmm strange I do not see any wall photo or really anything posted other than what I posted.

I hate that about the gears. Before it was close enough, but now they are saying that the gears are far off. Really wish they could leave it alone.

Must repost a better one when I can be bothered.

Yea, it's strange how mr yamauchi thinks.
"gears are too close change them! Perfect!"
1month later
"no no no. Too far apart."
:-/

A Review on the Nascar Drift tunes you posted here a while ago.
The drift tune works beautifully. i managed to get gold in the latest crop of drift events and be in the top 1500, for a Nascar that's an accomplishment.
Thanks for the Tune and keep up the tunes.

A Review on the Nascar Drift tunes you posted here a while ago.
The drift tune works beautifully. i managed to get gold in the latest crop of drift events and be in the top 1500, for a Nascar that's an accomplishment.
Thanks for the Tune and keep up the tunes.

lol drifting a NASCAR is hilarious. People online are always so impressed by how well I drift in it. 1500 is pretty good for a NASCAR like you said. I got 38 with my brand new Buick Special tune. COMING SOON!

Also note I thought you should know I am having a contest to give away free stuff you can check it out here

Last edited:
It is so much fun to drift those things. Also the 350Z tune is amazing. it's very easy to control and in the last drift events, the Nissan held its own against my friends SLR Mclaren, finishing a full 2000 positions ahead of the SLR.

swampdude
It is so much fun to drift those things. Also the 350Z tune is amazing. it's very easy to control and in the last drift events, the Nissan held its own against my friends SLR Mclaren, finishing a full 2000 positions ahead of the SLR.

Wow pretty substantial difference.

Hey shmo, just reading your thread made me sign up to this thing!, do far Iv tried your beetle RSI 2000 tune, and the ae86 special edition one, and they are awesome!

I'm not sure why but I seem to prefer drifting AWD cars lately, for example, I'm addicted to using the Subaru impreza wrx '98 estate, got it pretty much stock tuned, but with engine mods and that, drifts sweet as, but I'm sure one of your amazing tunes would suit it even better!

When you get time could you try it out? :)

Ant182
Hey shmo, just reading your thread made me sign up to this thing!, do far Iv tried your beetle RSI 2000 tune, and the ae86 special edition one, and they are awesome!

I'm not sure why but I seem to prefer drifting AWD cars lately, for example, I'm addicted to using the Subaru impreza wrx '98 estate, got it pretty much stock tuned, but with engine mods and that, drifts sweet as, but I'm sure one of your amazing tunes would suit it even better!

When you get time could you try it out? :)

It's good you like my stuff because things are gonna get even better around here pretty soon with a big update. Ill check out the car you want.

Car: Toyota SUPRA RZ 1997
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 722HP/5000rpm
Torque: 775 ft-lb/4900rpm
Weight: 1220 kg
Miles: 15,699.4
Performance Points: 590

TUNER COMMENTS:
Woooooo this car is insane. So easy yet such huge drifts. Literally blown away. If you like the mustang tune than you must try this because it is same easy style only more power and cleaner drifts. I am the tinniest disappointed in it tho. I have heard people can get 30,000 points at Tsukuba with this car so I had to make a tune with it, but sadly only achieved 27,000 which yes is my now current record, but still so far from my goal of 30,000. If you can get 30,000 there with this car or with the tinniest edit of tune please tell me as I would like to know.

GRR, i dunno if you ever managed to achieve the 30k with it but i spent the last hour and a half trying to do it lol and im sooooooooooooooo close, at 29880 and if i hadnt screwed the link between the second hairpin and corner after it, i woulda managed 30k, but i just cant :( realy wanted to as well, but its now second on my board lol oh n btw, thats with that exact tune, nothing even tweaked

GRR, i dunno if you ever managed to achieve the 30k with it but i spent the last hour and a half trying to do it lol and im sooooooooooooooo close, at 29880 and if i hadnt screwed the link between the second hairpin and corner after it, i woulda managed 30k, but i just cant :( realy wanted to as well, but its now second on my board lol oh n btw, thats with that exact tune, nothing even tweaked

I don't really drive the cars I make after I show the tunes here. I usually just go on to the next one. Seems funny all these tunes and I don't even get to use them lol. So no I haven't gotten better than what I listed, but I am a lot better drifter now so I might try to. That's awesome you came so close I hate when I get insanely close like that it drives me crazy I didn't hit my goal. I just did super close to 32,000 in my Buick Special and am so mad I didn't hit my goal.

I don't really drive the cars I make after I show the tunes here. I usually just go on to the next one. Seems funny all these tunes and I don't even get to use them lol. So no I haven't gotten better than what I listed, but I am a lot better drifter now so I might try to. That's awesome you came so close I hate when I get insanely close like that it drives me crazy I didn't hit my goal. I just did super close to 32,000 in my Buick Special and am so mad I didn't hit my goal.

Well its not over yet lol, i WILL be gettin that last 120 points, will probs get back at it tomorrow, its just annoying when there is such an obvious bit where i missed the points on what probs coulda been my best ever run :(
im the same tho, mosta the time im drifting, its workin on a new tune, and old ones go a bit unloved, tho i am working on combattin that at the moment goin through my old stuff for fun and to maybe make them better too. lol, that buick is a beast, tho i never actualy tried driftin it on tarmac lol, always used it for the offroad drift trials and thats it haha

same thing with the gears on the supra rz i just had to change the top speed to put the values in

and i had the same issue, had to put it to 186mph to get the option to make 1st and 2nd (and maybe 3rd) long enough

Well its not over yet lol, i WILL be gettin that last 120 points, will probs get back at it tomorrow, its just annoying when there is such an obvious bit where i missed the points on what probs coulda been my best ever run :(
im the same tho, mosta the time im drifting, its workin on a new tune, and old ones go a bit unloved, tho i am working on combattin that at the moment goin through my old stuff for fun and to maybe make them better too. lol, that buick is a beast, tho i never actualy tried driftin it on tarmac lol, always used it for the offroad drift trials and thats it haha

and i had the same issue, had to put it to 186mph to get the option to make 1st and 2nd (and maybe 3rd) long enough

lol great news can't wait till you hit the mythical 30,000 wit hit. My Buick tune works amazing on literally any ground types. I tried it on the latest dirt seasonal and got 38 in the world. Than drifted for fun as Tsukuba and like I said almost got 32,000. It is super intense like a speed 12.

Also by setting it to 186 can you set all the gears like I have or just the first 3? Although mine still says what is listed i may change the top speed to whatever you guys are suggesting so it's more accurate.

32,000... I remember getting 31,500 something at Tsukuba in my M5 couple of weeks ago. I wonder what would I get in a Speed 12, but I hate Speed 12 drifting so... :lol:

lol great news can't wait till you hit the mythical 30,000 wit hit. My Buick tune works amazing on literally any ground types. I tried it on the latest dirt seasonal and got 38 in the world. Than drifted for fun as Tsukuba and like I said almost got 32,000. It is super intense like a speed 12.

Also by setting it to 186 can you set all the gears like I have or just the first 3? Although mine still says what is listed i may change the top speed to whatever you guys are suggesting so it's more accurate.

That 30k will happen, its just gettin that run where everything falls into place perfect as i am gettin pretty constant high 28s/low 29's but just cant get all the corners my best on one lap :( Once set to 186 i can set all gears to your values, at 180 they like 0.050 off in first if i remember rightly

You gonna be sharing the buick tune eventually coz it sounds like another monster hehe? or is it staying one of your private toys?

EDIT: HEEEEEEELLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! (bit excited) 30120 YEAH! :D :D :D

shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69241069@N06/6917931577/
Lexus LFA '10 by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: Lexus LFA 2010
Horsepower: 686HP/9400rpm
Torque: 408 ft-lb/7900rpm
Weight: 1233 kg
Miles: 42.8
Performance Points: 586

PARTS:
All parts, I'm using comfort hard tires.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 4.602
2nd: 3.427
3rd: 2.745
4th: 2.234
5th: 1.848
6th: 1.540
Final: 3.200
Top Speed: 168

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/49
Accel: xx/54
Braking: xx/13

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.5/8.3
Extension: 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.7/4.0
Toe: -0.26/-0.35

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:

The car is a monster. Drifts really easy and control is superb. I tried to push this one to give as much as it can and this is what I came up with. I came damn close to 30,000 with this and I am sure if I just kept trying I would hit it. Really fun car overall and looks awesome too. Watch the gas her and there, but shouldn't have any real problems.

P.S. The pics were taken by Eric1512 (banner) and Ferrari_458 (main pic). As always go check out there stuff

How to set 5th and 6th gear

How to set 5th and 6th gear

try setting max speed to 155mph, should allow you to set the values the same then
dunno what PD done somewhere but my main setup sheet was setup at the values shmogt did, but now only way i could get was set speed to 155mph :S

try setting max speed to 155mph, should allow you to set the values the same then
dunno what PD done somewhere but my main setup sheet was setup at the values shmogt did, but now only way i could get was set speed to 155mph :S

i put 162 mph and the gear ratios fit

Lexus LFA '10 by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: Lexus LFA 2010
Horsepower: 686HP/9400rpm
Torque: 408 ft-lb/7900rpm
Weight: 1233 kg
Miles: 42.8
Performance Points: 586

PARTS:
All parts, I'm using comfort hard tires.

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 4.602
2nd: 3.427
3rd: 2.745
4th: 2.234
5th: 1.848
6th: 1.540
Final: 3.200
Top Speed: 168

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/49
Accel: xx/54
Braking: xx/13

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 10.5/8.3
Extension: 7/5
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.7/4.0
Toe: -0.26/-0.35

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

TUNER COMMENTS:

The car is a monster. Drifts really easy and control is superb. I tried to push this one to give as much as it can and this is what I came up with. I came damn close to 30,000 with this and I am sure if I just kept trying I would hit it. Really fun car overall and looks awesome too. Watch the gas her and there, but shouldn't have any real problems.

P.S. The pics were taken by Eric1512 (banner) and Ferrari_458 (main pic). As always go check out there stuff

since i figured out the gearbox in this tune, i use normal exhaust because i love the v10 noise in this thing. now i try this tune out and oh my god i love it. the balance in this thing is just right and the gearbox is so fast that when i change into 4th really quick it create controllable wheelspin. got enough grip to make it unbelievably controllable. the only thing that i love so much is listening to that v10 engine while drifting and thats why i love it

32,000... I remember getting 31,500 something at Tsukuba in my M5 couple of weeks ago. I wonder what would I get in a Speed 12, but I hate Speed 12 drifting so... :lol:
Are you using my M5 tune? Also Buick and Speed 12 are unlike any other cars. They do not drive at all like my other cars, but their points are much higher.

That 30k will happen, its just gettin that run where everything falls into place perfect as i am gettin pretty constant high 28s/low 29's but just cant get all the corners my best on one lap :( Once set to 186 i can set all gears to your values, at 180 they like 0.050 off in first if i remember rightly

You gonna be sharing the buick tune eventually coz it sounds like another monster hehe? or is it staying one of your private toys?

EDIT: HEEEEEEELLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! (bit excited) 30120 YEAH! :D :D :D

i put 162 mph and the gear ratios fit
Wait you said set the top speed to 186 now your saying set it to 155 and the other guy said he set it to 162. Which is the right value? Also I will assume the Hell Yeah is for you finally got over 30,000 mark on the supra. That is awesome!

since i figured out the gearbox in this tune, i use normal exhaust because i love the v10 noise in this thing. now i try this tune out and oh my god i love it. the balance in this thing is just right and the gearbox is so fast that when i change into 4th really quick it create controllable wheelspin. got enough grip to make it unbelievably controllable. the only thing that i love so much is listening to that v10 engine while drifting and thats why i love it
In terms of exhaust with all the tunes it really doesn't matter use what you like since the difference is usually only a few hp difference. I really like that car too the thing slide so cleanly. It's all in the suspension that took me so long to get just right.

No I tune my drift cars myself with my special combination of all the techniques I've learned & I got to say my tuning method is a sucess.

By the way, I hate Speed 12 drifting because it's so unrealistic. If you see the replays of the top guys, those cars are Max cambered & toed. Try that in real life & see how far you get before you crash. Plus because of it's size it occupies more of the race line, therefore getting more points. The Speed 12 is the easy way around the drift trials.

No I tune my drift cars myself with my special combination of all the techniques I've learned & I got to say my tuning method is a sucess.

By the way, I hate Speed 12 drifting because it's so unrealistic. If you see the replays of the top guys, those cars are Max cambered & toed. Try that in real life & see how far you get before you crash. Plus because of it's size it occupies more of the race line, therefore getting more points. The Speed 12 is the easy way around the drift trials.
lol well if you'd care to share any of your successful tunes I'd like to try some out. I didn't know that about the Speed 12, but that does make sense. I always thought because it was so fast you can go around the corners faster.

I have to put 162 mph in my lfa because 168 won't make 5th and 6th gear fit
Seems like a lot of cars are having this sort of problem.

It's good you like my stuff because things are gonna get even better around here pretty soon with a big update. Ill check out the car you want.

Sweet, would be good to see what else you can pull outta the bag! Outta curiosity have you got a Seperate drag garage or are they mixed in with your race one?

lol well if you'd care to share any of your successful tunes I'd like to try some out. I didn't know that about the Speed 12, but that does make sense. I always thought because it was so fast you can go around the corners.

Honestly I like to keep my tunes to myself because it's a technique I developed & I don't want it going around between people. :indiff: You can check out my Youtube channel (check my signature) if you want, all the cars I use (except the Z33 Autumn Ring Mini video) are tune this way.

Sweet, would be good to see what else you can pull outta the bag! Outta curiosity have you got a Seperate drag garage or are they mixed in with your race one?
Right now it goes main race garage is race, drag, special tracks/pp and drift garage is drift and rally. Why would you like it to be easier to search?

Honestly I like to keep my tunes to myself because it's a technique I developed & I don't want it going around between people. :indiff: You can check out my Youtube channel (check my signature) if you want, all the cars I use (except the Z33 Autumn Ring Mini video) are tune this way.
Fair enough. I checked out your videos and you have some sweet ones man. The reverse entries from like 2 miles away are awesome.

Was 186mph to get the supra rz values

155 was for me to get the LFA gearbox values tho i mighta skipped past 162, was gettin sleepy by that point lol

And yeah, the hell yeah was i finally got the supra over 30k :D woulda uploaded the video if i had a capture card, but dont :(

Right now it goes main race garage is race, drag, special tracks/pp and drift garage is drift and rally. Why would you like it to be easier to search?

I just wondered, I tend to get bored of drifting so I end up dragging lol

whisp187
Was 186mph to get the supra rz values

155 was for me to get the LFA gearbox values tho i mighta skipped past 162, was gettin sleepy by that point lol

And yeah, the hell yeah was i finally got the supra over 30k :D woulda uploaded the video if i had a capture card, but dont :(
Ok so 100% good ratio if I change the top speed to 186 on the supra? Same goes to the other cars?

Did you save the video? I'm sure I can find someone who has one and can upload it for you. I definitely want to see it.

Last edited:
Back