Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
kennyblanco
No problem.

That guy has already posted a thread in the drag forum asking for a tune and has spammed several other threads with the same request. I'm not trying to come off bad or disrespectful, but the least he could do was just say thanks. Especially when he refuses to put forth the effort to create a tune on his own. All the tools are there for those who choose to use them. I have no empathy for those who refuse to learn.

And good work on the tune! You're not that far off pace from some of the fastest. I have only been able to accomplish a 9.489 1/4 mile time. There are some in the 9.3xx's though.

Nice that's not too far off than. Can make that up in a good start. Is there a place that has leader boards or something for drag. I hear people talking about this but where is it?

ciccillo71
Hello Shmogt , i am gonna try your tune for the Cerbera speed 12 , just wanna ask if is tested for the online race too .. i usually race online with Praiano tune , it's pretty fast but i read that your Cerbera turns as a race car , so i MUST try ... ty

ps. i usually race in Monza with the speed 12 , at 630pp i run the single lap in 1 33 low , race soft skid on abs 3/5

Well it's a speed 12 so it drives fast and is lots of fun, but still be careful as its easy to screw up at such speeds. I haven't tried online at Monza, but I usually try all my cars online after I make a tune just to see how they do. I can really only say try it and see how it goes. I made it handle for even tighter tracks so you shouldn't have any problems with Monza.

I'm trying for ten laps and yes, the online is ok

really compliments, the car is going very well, a tune that has nothing to envy to anyone

still the cerbera is a bit slow on curving anyway i am turning 1 33 8/9

I'm also trying your tune for the Enzo, very impressive, the car slips out of the chicanes as fast as a salmon from the clutches of a bear

I'm trying for ten laps and yes, the online is ok

really compliments, the car is going very well, a tune that has nothing to envy to anyone

still the cerbera is a bit slow on curving anyway i am turning 1 33 8/9
It's not a track specific tune so don't expect it to be perfect at one track, but do expect it to be very good at most tracks.

I'm also trying your tune for the Enzo, very impressive, the car slips out of the chicanes as fast as a salmon from the clutches of a bear
haha nice analogy. That is a car I made just for Sarthe so it should do well on all larger tracks. I tried it at Autumn mini once and it was just so fast on that tiny track by the time you step on the gas you have already overshot the next turn lol.

Nice that's not too far off than. Can make that up in a good start. Is there a place that has leader boards or something for drag. I hear people talking about this but where is it?

I'm not sure the exact name of it but it is in several members signature in the drag forum. 👍

Again, nice job with the 86 tune. It rocked the new 400pp bspec.
nice, that's what I like to hear

Yo Shmo, in case you can't read my VM...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6610432#post6610432

(Damn you Onboy123 for letting me re-post links :lol:)

Woo you reviewed it. lol funny you feel the same way I do about it. Definitely really good, but almost too good since any sort of craziness is taken out. Where it really shines is on oval tracks like Daytona. All other tunes I tried couldn't do normal tracks and oval tracks. They would always spin out on the oval ones.

The 86GT tune is excellent! I still get a lot of mixed results when trying out tunes here, but this one's a real standout. Was getting frustrated trying to get this car to work for me for the longest time until I tried yours, now it drives beautifully. Great job! 👍

The 86GT tune is excellent! I still get a lot of mixed results when trying out tunes here, but this one's a real standout. Was getting frustrated trying to get this car to work for me for the longest time until I tried yours, now it drives beautifully. Great job! 👍

thank you! Hopefully you find the rest of my tunes just as good.

Can someone tell me if you can change the color of your car after you purchase it? Also, can you do body upgrades such as bumpers and spoilers?

Can someone tell me if you can change the color of your car after you purchase it? Also, can you do body upgrades such as bumpers and spoilers?

lol I will assume you are very new to the game. Go to GT auto and you can change the color of most cars and premium cars you can usually change bumpers and spoilers

New Options added to my Toyota 86 GT 2012 so you can hit 400pp or 500pp races. Plus ability to use the tune if you have all parts already installed.

Also my new Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 2011 works insanely good for the new 650pp Nurburg b-spec seasonal. I was stuck behind a bunch of cars and the Ford GT specII race car was in first and at least 2miles ahead and still managed to pass all the cars, catch up, and smoke everyone.

shmogt
New Options added to my Toyota 86 GT 2012 so you can hit 400pp or 500pp races. Plus ability to use the tune if you have all parts already installed.

Also my new Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 2011 works insanely good for the new 650pp Nurburg b-spec seasonal. I was stuck behind a bunch of cars and the Ford GT specII race car was in first and at least 2miles ahead and still managed to pass all the cars, catch up, and smoke everyone.

Nice :) keep up the trolling work!

shmogt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69241069@N06/6791750315/
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 drag by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: Shelby Cobra 427 1966
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 760HP/6900rpm
Torque: 733 ft-lb/4400rpm
Weight: 918 kg
Miles: 161.2
Performance Points: 586

PARTS:
All parts

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 5.887
2nd: 3.082
3rd: 2.346
4th: 2.018
5th: 1.757
Final: 2.000
Top Speed: 112

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/45
Accel: xx/60
Braking: xx/15

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/40
Spring Rate: 10.5/14.0
Extension: 10/1
Compression: 1/10
Anti-Roll: 7/7
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.05/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 8/5

TUNER COMMENTS:
This car is strictly for drag. It was built for Indy 1/4mile (should work everywhere). It is a little less HP so don't expect to be blowing away the big boys in the Viper's and Enzo's, but it is still fast. For fastest times this is how you drive it. Start in 2 gear and shift to 3 at 90mph. All the gears after that shift as soon as the speedometer hits the red RPM line. Do not wait until it starts flashing to shift. Also make sure you are lined up perfectly as sometimes it has a tendency to start to shake and go off course so just be ready to slightly adjust steering if needed. I raced it a lot and won most of the time. I also raced other peoples Cobra's and beat them. It doesn't start as fast, but makes up for it down the line.

I did a 9.541 on the speed track

P.S. the pics were taken by Aeolus426

I respect this sort of help. I too get asked for extreme tunes, and when I give a base tune they expect it to be faster. 9.541 is a respectable time, can I suggest a few enhancements though. I haven't tuned a cobra in high depth but I ran a high 9.3 low 9.4.

In the cobra the power drops at higher rpm, look at the power band graph in settings, it should probably show the drop beginning at 6k. As for top speed in the corner (not the slider) it should be around 186mph because it is a 5 gear car and you want to minimise excessive launch spin and shift early.

I know it sounds funky but try a higher front like -5 or 5, it might have a slightly slower 0-60 but it's higher accel will even out or beat it in some cases.

Viperbeatsvette
I respect this sort of help. I too get asked for extreme tunes, and when I give a base tune they expect it to be faster. 9.541 is a respectable time, can I suggest a few enhancements though. I haven't tuned a cobra in high depth but I ran a high 9.3 low 9.4.

In the cobra the power drops at higher rpm, look at the power band graph in settings, it should probably show the drop beginning at 6k. As for top speed in the corner (not the slider) it should be around 186mph because it is a 5 gear car and you want to minimise excessive launch spin and shift early.

I know it sounds funky but try a higher front like -5 or 5, it might have a slightly slower 0-60 but it's higher accel will even out or beat it in some cases.

Disregard this I had another look at my tune and the top speedin corner is 174 and shifting is at redline

shmogt
Lol so no tips, damn.

Try my idea but shift at 7k or redline. I did consistent 9.4XX with mine

I will finish running it in properly (2/3 there) and see what I get. If I can get 9.3XXs consistently I will post up the tune in this thread for everyone :)

Viperbeatsvette
Try my idea but shift at 7k or redline. I did consistent 9.4XX with mine

I will finish running it in properly (2/3 there) and see what I get. If I can get 9.3XXs consistently I will post up the tune in this thread for everyone :)

Nice. That's what I like to hear

Viperbeatsvette

Ok I tried all these tips and notice no change. Usually slower times with the higher ride height. Shifting earlier didn't help either. I have really stiff rear suspension and softened it a lot too figuring it would absorb more instead of bouncing but nothing can improve the time.

Apologies for asking for a tune in the photo thread shmogt but do you have a good tune for the citroen gt race car as it does seam to be a difficult car to handle and make the tyres last.

Apologies for asking for a tune in the photo thread shmogt but do you have a good tune for the citroen gt race car as it does seam to be a difficult car to handle and make the tyres last.

Ok I just checked now and there is only 2 other tunes for it so I'll make one too. As for tires idk if your doing and endurance race or something, but I'll try to make it handle and be amazing on racing hard and extra good on racing soft.

shmogt
Ok I just checked now and there is only 2 other tunes for it so I'll make one too. As for tires idk if your doing and endurance race or something, but I'll try to make it handle and be amazing on racing hard and extra good on racing soft.

Thanks mate that would be great

Nissan GT-R Black edition R35 2012

This is a drag tune for 1/4. I have been practicing a lot more in my drag tunes and I think I am finally starting to get the hang of it. Start in gear 1 and shift to 2 when you hit about 50mph. After that all the shifts are at the red line. It is pretty easy to get good launches every time and the tiniest amount of tire smoking. I think this is one of the more faster drag tunes you will find out there. Mine isn't even close to max hp so I could prob do under 9sec once it has full power. Test this baby and tell me what ya think!

I did a 9.094 (In the 8's if your car is full HP)

P.S. the pics were taken by bmxmitch definitely check out his gallery

Last edited:
Bfc_1882

Ok I been trying this car for a whole now and getting mixed results. I tried ZED's tune and the thing is amazing. Just use there tune you won't be disappointed.

shmogt
Ok I been trying this car for a whole now and getting mixed results. I tried ZED's tune and the thing is amazing. Just use there tune you won't be disappointed.

Where can I find this tune mate?

I suggest playing with the toe a little. Some positive toe will help it get off the line a little quicker. I added toe to my tune and ran around a 9.021

Back