Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments

Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V 1998

This car was not very good when I started. It had a lot of understeer and the transmission was way too low. It has a lot of power for an FF and figured it must have some potential. I tried a few things and it got a little better, switched this, changed that and always improvements, but nothing really major. I made the tinniest change in suspension and than BAM it became awesome. I really like driving this car now actually, it does everything well and is fun. Not to mention looks pretty cool.

P.S. I played with some new techniques and got some really beautiful shots in my gallery here

Last edited:
Sorry about being so vague. I was talking about the gtr black edition.

oh ok. Idk about adding toe. I add toe when the car gets swirly off the line and it helps straighten it out. This car goes perfectly straight already so it doesn't need any. Plus doesn't pointing the tires inwards focus a little bit of power more to the inside rather than just going 100% straight?

If you add the right amount of toe it will help the car grab a little more traction off the line. Its not a lot but it may get you the win by a bumper.

If you add the right amount of toe it will help the car grab a little more traction off the line. Its not a lot but it may get you the win by a bumper.

I'll have to play around with it. Do you add toe to front and rear and if so is one more than the other?

On mine I have toe in the front and rear with more on the rear than the front. You don't need to go crazy with it. Some where between .40 to .50 in the rear and be tween .10 and .15 front. No camber.

Sirkevinofnelso
On mine I have toe in the front and rear with more on the rear than the front. You don't need to go crazy with it. Some where between .40 to .50 in the rear and be tween .10 and .15 front. No camber.

That seems like a lot, but I'll try it out

I will test the alfa now, thanks for the help, i usually put around -0.10 front & around +0.10 back toe, but that is just how i set the toe up, i have no idea if it actually makes the car any better, but a few racers have said that works for them. I will leave some feedback on what i think about the alfa, thanks.

gtgta86
I will test the alfa now, thanks for the help, i usually put around -0.10 front & around +0.10 back toe, but that is just how i set the toe up, i have no idea if it actually makes the car any better, but a few racers have said that works for them. I will leave some feedback on what i think about the alfa, thanks.

Ok cool

Ford GT 2002

This car is for the prevailed who like to have fun. Very rare, very crazy, very awesome car to drive. It is extremely fast and gorgeous looking like a regular Ford GT, but since the '02 was the prototype all the little kinks have not been worked out. That makes for a very fun car to drive. This tune does make it a million times easier to drive however. I left it to where if you want to drive very fast with blistering lap times you can, but if you just slam the gas everywhere you can slip and slide while still maintaining control. I have a ton of fun driving this car.

I have a drift tune also here

Last edited:
In case you guys didn't see on the first page I put a link to a new android app. The app is pretty awesome as it has a bunch of easy to find tunes and lots of other cool features.

Loving your enzo tune!!! truly unbeatable!! :P only get beaten very rarely by some super ass bugattis lol, Also with the shelby cobra 427 '66 drag tune the transmission for second gear doesn't seem to work? I can only get it to 3.100 instead of 3.082? Also would it be possible to get a drag tune for the tommy kiara zzii '00?? :D I think this car would be a blast for drag tuning!! see so many around and I think it could rival your enzo tune :D I would even offer to send you mine for testing if you don't already own one :)

mevxhunt
Loving your enzo tune!!! truly unbeatable!! :P only get beaten very rarely by some super ass bugattis lol, Also with the shelby cobra 427 '66 drag tune the transmission for second gear doesn't seem to work? I can only get it to 3.100 instead of 3.082? Also would it be possible to get a drag tune for the tommy kiara zzii '00?? :D I think this car would be a blast for drag tuning!! see so many around and I think it could rival your enzo tune :D I would even offer to send you mine for testing if you don't already own one :)

Thanks I love that Enzo tune as well. It's kind of funny because everyone who has used it tells me it's so great, but it's like the opposite of a traditional drag tune and slightly slow compared to what other people have posted time wise. I still find it fast as hell tho lol. The cobra you are off by less than 0.20 milliseconds lol. That's close enough to my fastest it just matters when you shift up. Most of the time it's just fluke. Drag 40 times and you will eventually probably get a lower time. You don't know fast until you tried my R35 drag tune tho. Can do 9sec flat and never loses. I will try out the zzii as your right it seems like a car that can throw down some quick times. It's tricky one tho so we will see how it goes.

Hey Shmo it would be nice if you could do a tune for the old '99 TypeR Impreza STI, or even the newest one if you can't get your hands on the older.... would prefer the older one though. Circuit racing tune.

DRiFT Junkie
Hey Shmo it would be nice if you could do a tune for the old '99 TypeR Impreza STI, or even the newest one if you can't get your hands on the older.... would prefer the older one though. Circuit racing tune.

Don't I have one for the newer one?

If I may add, it makes a huge difference when using different tires. Anything less than racing tires makes the car very unstable. I was using Racing:Medium and it was good, but Racing: Soft was even better.

Setnev
If I may add, it makes a huge difference when using different tires. Anything less than racing tires makes the car very unstable. I was using Racing:Medium and it was good, but Racing: Soft was even better.

I make all the cars for racing soft unless it says in the tune. Any other tired I have no idea how good it will be.

i have a question about the Enzo drag tune, how did you add the extra power? i tried making oil changes but it didn't have the same results of HP compared to yours and for some weird reason i can't have the transmission have the same numbers as yours in the 4th, 5th and 6th gear. i love your other tunes they are really good probably the best ones I've seen.

Last edited:
i have a question about the Enzo drag tune, how did you add the extra power? i tried making oil changes but it didn't have the same results of HP compared to yours and for some weird reason i can't have the transmission have the same numbers as yours in the 4th, 5th and 6th gear. i love your other tunes they are really good probably the best ones I've seen.

you have to "break in the car" which essentially means just use it a bit, i think after 200 miles it breaks the threshold and gains extra bhp

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

I have done a lot of cars and tested a lot of cars. I truly think this is the best one ever. It is like a laser guided missal. You say turn it turns. You say gas you get gas. Exact precision every time. I don't really know what else to say about this car. It's perfect in every way. Has like 200hp less than my aventador yet still beats it times everywhere. Very good, I love it.

I also have a drift tune for this car here

P.S. The pics were taken by RedSuns-Ryuu. Obviously go check out his gallery.

Last edited:

Subaru IMPREZA Coupe WRX typeR STi Version VI 1999

One of my neighbors has this car in red and it looks amazing. When this car first came out I kept telling my mom to get it so she could have the 4WD features and I could drive it for the turbo lol. She never got it and many models since have came out, but I still like this car a lot. This tune has made it better than I could of ever dreamed. The thing is just so fast and accelerates like crazy. It reminds me of a go kart since there is just so much control and fast speeds. Sometimes you have to watch the brakes or you get a bit of understeer, but I literally mean occasionally just a bit. I love this car it's so good. If you like EVO's more, try this and tell me you still like them more.

Last edited:
mevxhunt
hiiii is there an eta on the tommy kiara zzii drag tune?? :D

Ya it's done. Idk if it's fast or not since I haven't seen others times. I wanna test it online against other but my stupid Internet has been to slow. Once I test it if it's pretty good I'll put it up.

shmogt could you make a Aventador drag tune. I used your track tuned Aventador and it is good in drag racing but I want one that is really made for drag because i see others going much faster than i do.

shmogt could you make a Aventador drag tune. I used your track tuned Aventador and it is good in drag racing but I want one that is really made for drag because i see others going much faster than i do.

lol I been using my race tune as a drag tune too. It is pretty fast already so I will try to make it even faster

Back