Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
Raggadish
Would a Corvette C7 tune be prioritized in light of it's recent release or would it be placed last in the massive request log?

Is that the new wrapped car? What type of tune?

Also please explain how I get it lol.

Darn it, I guess I was really hoping it would be tuneable. My bad.

I was hoping so too, but I realized that would be a "TMI" for Chevy and Polyphony 'cause basically, they would be exposing specs before the unveil

Well I can't tune this one, but I assume when it is released they will make it for GT5 and I will do a tune than

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 Trial Mountain 460pp

This tune is meant for the Trial Mountain Circuit Time Trial at 460pp however should work at other tracks. The pp of this car with a oil change already puts it over the pp limit so it took a lot of planning to get it to this level and still be very fast. My therory which always seems to work with lower pp's is make it as light as possible. Orginally I had stock weight and normal tune, but once I lightened it my time started to get a lot faster. I am just ok at time trials and use a controller with small amounts of attempts and did around a 1:41. It has potential to do very well if you are a good driver and guarantee to get gold if you are not. I hammered it as hard as I could and still got gold times.

A couple tips for this specific track is slow down and make sure to drive on the yellow cross lines. There is two sections with this, one right before the tunnel and the other right after the straight from the tunnel by the water. It is key for fast times to slow down and ideally coast on the yellow very close to the wall rather than taking the corner wide.

NASCAR (oval tracks)

You can use any NASCAR

This tune is for oval style tracks. We all have played the NASCAR event in Aspec and Bspec and after you win you never want to play again. This is because the AI for some reason has no care about your life. Got a family? F U. Got plans for the weekend? F U. Got a good job? F U. They just don't care at all about you or what you have going on. They will send your ass into the wall any chance they get. I made this tune a long time ago when I first started these events on Daytona and other oval based tracks. It was good back than and is still good now however nothing will save you from the AI. This car has more HP and a actual setup than them so you in theory can beat them, but it really comes down to when to draft and when to hold back that is gonna determine who wins. Also I personally use the Toyota redbull NASCAR becasue I heard they are faster so this tune is listed under Toyota.

I also have a short video of the stupid NASCAR guys totally taking me out

Xanavi Nismo Z 06

The final tune of 2012. Thought we would finish the year with a good'ol Spa track tune. The car starts pretty good, but it can always get better. That's exactly what we have done here. It has been totally tuned to destroy Spa however will work great on otehr tracks. I had loads of fun racing around the track trying to shave a hair off with each lap. One of the most fun and most frustrating times in Gran Turismo 5 is getting a great car with a great tune and trying to push it to the limits of a certain track. This tune can also be applied to similar GT500 style cars.

Honda mobil 1 NSX' 01 (600PP)

This was made for 600pp races and let me tell you right now it is easily one of if not the best at that pp level. I have tried other 600pp race cars and this one even tho the specs are the same as others for some reason blows everything else away. I use it for the 600pp race car seasonal events and always win. Obviously racing soft tires are best, ut you can really use anything as it still performs great you just have to watch you gas and breaks at lower grip tires.

Just wanted to say the tune above has been updated and now is much improved. I suggest you change yours to the new settings.

Well I hope all of you know Top Gear FINALLY starts back up again this Sunday. If you don't get the channel or whatever you can watch it here. It will probably air a bit after the actually episode airs on tv. You can catch all the specials and episodes whenever you want however on the same page as it plays constantly. http://www.team-shmo.com/topgear.php

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04

This tune was designed for Nurburgring Nordschleife for the Nurburgring Nordschleife shootout. It is very fast and handels quite well. Race cars were not allowed for this event, but I sure as hell tried to turn this car into one. You should not have much trouble with this car however watch your gas. I find the start of this course kinda small so be smooth on the gas. Corners to watch out for are the near the beginning where you catch air to slightly brake before the "jump". Another one is anything that is very sharp but mainly the one that banks a lot and has that different pavement. You will understand where these are the first time you drive it and just fly off the track lol. Also the end of the long straight where it slightly bends you can take it full speed, but your line must be perfect. May need to let off the gas and coast if not. If you are a fast driver I expect very fast times and if you are just alright like myself at this course a 7:04 shouldn't be too tough to get. Like all my cars only driving aid is ABS 1.

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 (Top Speed/Route X)

This car is specially designed for top speed. Route X is where I tested this the most at. I have beaten all other GT-R's I have come across and as you can see from the miles there has been a lot of testing. It is VERY fast. I average 256mph around Route X and a max of 261mph down the hil part. With drafting it usually tops out around 285mph which you could adjust the final gear to go even faster. This will lower the normal top speed however. What I found most interesting is this car got the most G force out of any other car I have, that includes my top speed veyron. I suggest on the corners taking the farthest line the part between the wall and the yellow line. I average no less than 250mph there which is pretty good considering it's max is only 6mph more on the straight. It's uper easy to drive on the corners as well which is usually rare for those speeds.

The thing is crazy. Smoke the tires non stop. Inside the driver must feel like it's a blender lol. Watch in 1080 and please comment!

Last edited:
If you notice the video above I am giving away that car to 1 lucky person! Very easy to get it, just like my page and join the event here. Good luck to everyone, but get in quick as many people have already applied. Ends March 6.

Dodge Challenger RT RM 1970 (DRAG)

I had this tune sumitted to me and had trouble with this car at first, but once it was figured out the thing is loads of fun. In terms of muscle cars out there this one is quite fast. Not super heavy, but still lots of power. Looks awesome too which is always a plus. It is actually pretty easy to drive just start in first gear and shift at the red lines. The best part of this Dodge Challenger '70 R/T RM is I have a race version which I love. Now you can whip people on the drag strip or the track.

I did 10.036

Crazy huge amount of hp. Just watch the first 5seconds as it creates some sort of sonic boom. It literally goes faster than the speed of sound and becomes silent expect when it passes you and makes the BOOM like a jet. Huge crash too. I almost made it the entire turn on Route X. Tell me what you think!

Ferrari F40

Wow did this car take forever to tune. I did not expect it to be so difficult. It is just so insane to drive normally. I tried everything I could think of and still wasn't super great. The worst part is after I spent days tunning I finally got it perfect, got all ready to post the Ferrari F40 tune, figured I'd check the oil since I drove so many miles. Was pitch black and down 50hp. Once I changed it I had to test it again to make sure it was still perfect. Of course it sucked and I had to start all over. Thankfully after a few more hours I got it back to where it was. I have no problem at all driving it, but I'm sure you still might. Give it literally 2 laps and you're good. The break points are the key. I'm sure you will notice a huge improvement after those 2 test laps. I have tried a lot of other tunes out there and I'm telling you apply this one to your car, you won't regret it.

shmogt

Ferrari F40

Wow did this car take forever to tune. I did not expect it to be so difficult. It is just so insane to drive normally. I tried everything I could think of and still wasn't super great. The worst part is after I spent days tunning I finally got it perfect, got all ready to post the Ferrari F40 tune, figured I'd check the oil since I drove so many miles. Was pitch black and down 50hp. Once I changed it I had to test it again to make sure it was still perfect. Of course it sucked and I had to start all over. Thankfully after a few more hours I got it back to where it was. I have no problem at all driving it, but I'm sure you still might. Give it literally 2 laps and you're good. The break points are the key. I'm sure you will notice a huge improvement after those 2 test laps. I have tried a lot of other tunes out there and I'm telling you apply this one to your car, you won't regret it.

Is this a drift tune? Or drag?

Latest Posts

Back