Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments

McLaren MP4-12C '10

This tune is for Côte d'Azur. I was asked to do a tune for this car at 473hp at 1350kg for a race event. I was unsure how this car would do at those stats since stock is has a lot more HP. It drove fairly well and didn't have any problems stock once I added the parts and tuned to spec. After that I began playng with the suspension, transmission etc and that's when it got tough. I just couldn't get that much better no mattter what I did. I took a step back and reworked some key areas and it started to get much better. The final problem I had were the brakes as it wuldn't stop very well than just slam dead stop. I originally raised them up thinking it would be better, but no I was wrong lol. Lowering them was by far the best thing I could of done and that's what really pushed this car over the limit. Very fast car at these stats and it actually works great at all tracks and is really mind blowingly fast for such low HP and heavy weight.

Last edited:

Shelby Cobra 427 '66 drag by shmogt2, on Flickr
Car: Shelby Cobra 427 1966
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 760HP/6900rpm
Torque: 733 ft-lb/4400rpm
Weight: 918 kg
Miles: 161.2
Performance Points: 586

PARTS:
All parts

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0/0
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
To set the transmission set the final gear first, than the top speed, than finally all the gears
1st: 5.887
2nd: 3.082
3rd: 2.346
4th: 2.018
5th: 1.757
Final: 2.000
Top Speed: 112

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/45
Accel: xx/60
Braking: xx/15

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/40
Spring Rate: 10.5/14.0
Extension: 10/1
Compression: 1/10
Anti-Roll: 7/7
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.05/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 8/5

TUNER COMMENTS:
This car is strictly for drag. It was built for Indy 1/4mile (should work everywhere). It is a little less HP so don't expect to be blowing away the big boys in the Viper's and Enzo's, but it is still fast. For fastest times this is how you drive it. Start in 2 gear and shift to 3 at 90mph. All the gears after that shift as soon as the speedometer hits the red RPM line. Do not wait until it starts flashing to shift. Also make sure you are lined up perfectly as sometimes it has a tendency to start to shake and go off course so just be ready to slightly adjust steering if needed. I raced it a lot and won most of the time. I also raced other peoples Cobra's and beat them. It doesn't start as fast, but makes up for it down the line.

I did a 9.541 on the speed track

P.S. the pics were taken by Aeolus426

Good tune but play with the tranny and it will be better

Good tune but play with the tranny and it will be better

Can you even hit the gears? I had some people say they can't and it is so awful because of it. The gears listed and what I did to get it that way is exactly as shown so I am not sure what to do

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04

Wow this car took so damn long to tune. Everything I tried always ended up with something so far off from what I wanted. Howvever after a ton of testing (I bought the car new and look how many miles) I have got a tune that I love. Totally different than what I would of expceted too, but the key is it works and it works great. It has a fairly high amount of HP for a FF so you may find the tires heat if you exit a corner too aggressivly. It was super insane before tho and now I have no trouble with it just occasionaly.

Last edited:
maveric25
Pen & notebook. ;)

Lol makes sense. If you're gonna write them down tho you could always write the tunes you want down from your computer than grab the list and take it to your ps3

I tried out your Ford GT '02 tune, because I was looking to add another 550pp car to my stable (I don't like de-tuning the '06 or the No Stripe so much.)

Anyway, WOW! It totally fixes this previously un-drivable car!! (Mine is actually about 553pp so rather than power-limiting, I put some weight on the front and I think that helped it out even more.) I think this might be one of the most competitive 550pp R/S cars there is. I still have to try it online yet though. Anyway, it looks very promising so far. Awesome work! 👍

smrtb0mb
I tried out your Ford GT '02 tune, because I was looking to add another 550pp car to my stable (I don't like de-tuning the '06 or the No Stripe so much.)

Anyway, WOW! It totally fixes this previously un-drivable car!! (Mine is actually about 553pp so rather than power-limiting, I put some weight on the front and I think that helped it out even more.) I think this might be one of the most competitive 550pp R/S cars there is. I still have to try it online yet though. Anyway, it looks very promising so far. Awesome work! 👍

Thanks I really like that car. It was so insane driving it stock and I had the hardest time turning it into a drifter. After that I figured mine as well do a race one as well and I get great times and have so much fun with it.

Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer (DRAG)

This car is strictly for drag. It was built for Indy 1/4mile (should work everywhere). Personally I saw this car and instantly thought drag car. It has the drag car body style, the drag style hood, even the protective mesh on the drivers side window. However even with all this you would be dead wrong lol. The ride height can't be adjusted very much so it still looks like it's sitting level even tho it's fully maxed low at the front and maxed high at the back. It has a ton of power, but is so extremely heavy that it has trouble getting really good times. I still enjoy draging this car and it's definitly not something you see everyday, but just pick your battles. You will lose so fast to one of the super powered cars, but should be comparable to other mustangs etc. Very important is to start in 2nd gear and aim to switch to 3rd at 63mph. The closer you get to this if not exactly will make a huge difference in fast times. The rest of te gears just switch at the red line.

I did a 10.377 on the speed track

Last edited:
bankotsu420
Does anyone know the web site were all of the tunes are? I had it bookmarked and now I have lost it.

Are you referring to my site? It's www.teamshmo.com or check my signature or check the front page of any of my garages or photo pages or check my Facebook or check my twitter or check my tumblr or click any banner or click any photo/name. Hopefully this helps you find it next time lol.

Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car

Don't be fooled by the snow pic this is a full on race tune.This car looks strange in a good way. Being a rally car it will be quite funny when you take this thing out to race with, but let me tell you right now that it is a monster. A lot quicker and better handeling than I would have thought for something so big, but I guess looks aren't everything considering it only weighs 1000kg. It feels like a true race car driving it around and everything is so good that it is tons of fun doing it.

Last edited:

Volkswagen Golf VI R '10

The only reason I did this car at all is because I saw this picture and really liked it. I liked it so much I painted my car and made it look exactly the same. Obviously you can't have a nice looking car without having a nice tune to go along with it tho and that's where I come in. Not crazy power or super light, but that doesn't mean it has to suck. I find this car very quick and loads of fun to drive.

Last edited:
Just a friendly FYI, your pics for the 111r RM and Ferrari California are above the wrong links :)

Thank you for pointing that out. I checked the links and they were correct. I than re-linked them to the proper tunes and for some reason it still switches them. Everything is correct so I have no idea why.

Hmm, the world may never know! Do you have any plans for putting your SuperVeloce tune from here into this thread? I have tried it for the 550PP seasonals and it works with 150/ 200kg ballast with no problems. I ended up putting 40/60 torque split and winning on the Nurb. Great tune/ tune changes! Thanks

jtqmopar
Hmm, the world may never know! Do you have any plans for putting your SuperVeloce tune from here into this thread? I have tried it for the 550PP seasonals and it works with 150/ 200kg ballast with no problems. I ended up putting 40/60 torque split and winning on the Nurb. Great tune/ tune changes! Thanks

Haha forgot I even had that one. Since its already made I will probably put it here, but will have to retest it to make sure it's still good.

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 (500pp)

I thought I had every car in the game for literally months and months now and than one day I went into the OCD and saw one car without a check beside it. It was the standard TVR speed 6. It is the exact same year and stats as the premium one and I don't even know why they would include the exact same car for both, but either way I had to buy it. Since it was such a rare car for me and I am sure a lot of you obviously a tune had to be made for it. However to make it a little more special I made it for 500pp and let me tell you it is a killer. The power to weight for the pp level is very impressive and I am sure you will be killing other cars. Also if you don't have the standard one for sure this tune will work for the premium since they are identical.

Last edited:
Added and updated Dr. Slumps Drag Tuning Bible to the front page here/site's guide section as well as a new Car Tuning FAQ. Feel free to go check them out if you need help with anything. The drag guide will make you an expert at making drag tunes and the car tuning guide goes over literally every part and what it does in general as well as gives tips to tuning. Both feature a easy to use index where you can click what you are looking for and it brings you to that exact section for quick reference.

DeerFearMe
Is this a drift tune for 86?

Is what a drift tune? I have one on the first page of my drift garage just scroll down the list. Or just go to my site and look in Toyota or drift for the tune.

Car: Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
I like this styling the best out of any other golf year so I bought this car. It was pretty disappointing when I found out you can not put on any aero parts, but once lowered it still doesn't look too bad.

You can race modify it though:drool: (Sits in the pits and waits appreciatively)

Enemem
You can race modify it though:drool: (Sits in the pits and waits appreciatively)

Lol ya I know you can. Does look cooler when RM. Only thing is its like the exact same car just a bit lighter. I'm sure the same regular tune will work on any RM version.

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12

I tried to go full out race tune on this one. I tested it everywhere and it performs great. It's intense you gotta watch what you are doing to be perfect, but it's not that hard after a couple practise laps. I tried it without the spoiler and trust me get the spoiler lol. It just puts it into that next level fast with one.

Last edited:

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

Got a request to make a 600pp no performance parts ZR1 and had a lot of problems, but it's finally made. Right out of the box I bought the wrong Corvette lol and didn't realize it was the ZR1 till after I upgraded it already. Than I bought the right one and had the hardest time making it fast and controable. After quite a while I added the spoiler than put it to medium settings and that's all it was needing. It still can get tricky here and there, but as long as you watch your gas it can be a lot of fun. Like I said this exact request said no performance parts, but I recommend getting the best exhaust. You could buy it than decrease the power limiter to still make it 600pp or just leave it if you don't care. It makes the car sound so much better it's insane.

Also the latest seasonal is 620pp supercars (sports soft tires) so hopefully this car will be able to land you some more money being less pp and have a lot of fun driving it. It's awesome on racing slicks, but I can't wait to test it on sports tires. It's gonna be crazy time with all that power and lowered grip.

Last edited:
Hello fellow races! I know you want race tunes, but hate how my site is slow or offline and it totally ruins your day. Well that is all a thing of the past because I have changed servers and improved the speed dramatically. Best part is all old links now link right away to the new site. If for any reason something goes wrong just add a - between teamshmo in the url (http://www.team-shmo.com/ new url). A couple changes that were made is you now click manufactures to get a list rather than the drop down, the search bar actually works now, and finally a brand new comment system. Unfortunately all the old comments have been deleted so please comment on your favorite tunes again.

Also I should have a new ACR Viper drag tune coming very shortly. I already have one now, but this new one is much faster. Around the 9sec rather than 9.3+

Latest Posts

Back