Tesla Master Plan: Part Deux

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,587 comments
Will they even sell it in Europe? Other trucks like it aren't sold here, so it would surprise me if this one did.

And the crumple zone thing is concerning. They're not legally required, and if you read what people say about images of crashed cars will show you that a lot of people believe they're a bad thing. And a similar misbelief in their safety was an important factor the rise of SUVs and similar taller cars. Maybe Tesla just said "**** it" and simply made the car as strong as they could.

But then again Tesla's are very safe according to many people who most certainly are impartial, so maybe it's just very well designed. I certainly hope it is.
It would make sense for them not to sell it in Europe.

They can't just say "**** it" to crumble zones. They can't just ignore the laws of physics.

There's a small conspiracy brewing saying that Elon Musk held the "fake" Cybertruck reveal in order to cover up any bad press that may have come up from the police report that got released today on Martin Tripp. Based on the police reports, someone had called the police that the former employee was going to "shoot up" the Gigafactory, but it appears to have all been fabricated. When Tripp was terminated, he was interrogated by Tesla security officials for a total of 9 hours in the span of two days. Later Musk emailed him personally, calling him an "evil human being". Tripp had no intention of going to the Tesla Gigafactory and personally does not own any weapons.

I have so many questions that I don't want answered.

YyL4XT.gif

I wish time travel was possible so I could get 5-year old me to copyright the design for the Cybertruck.

MXH
I wish time travel was possible so I could get 5-year old me to copyright the design for the Cybertruck.

You actually don't have to file a copyright notice. All you have to do is find the drawing and you can claim it's yours. I assume 5 year olds all over the country are preparing copyright infringement suits.

The more I look at this thing, the more I think they should be charging a lot more for it. It's not a utilitarian pickup in the slightest. It's a Hip Hop music video prop. It's a youtube influencer thumbnail. It's shmee150 in a stainless steel suit. It's pure and simply a car for showing off....essentially a pickup truck Lambo' (the shorthand version, importantly). It should start at $200k. Whether its attractive or not is irrelevant...it's jarring and that's what matters.

The more I look at this thing, the more I think they should be charging a lot more for it. It's not a utilitarian pickup in the slightest. It's a Hip Hop music video prop. It's a youtube influencer thumbnail. It's shmee150 in a stainless steel suit. It's pure and simply a car for showing off....essentially a pickup truck Lambo' (the shorthand version, importantly). It should start at $200k. Whether its attractive or not is irrelevant...it's jarring and that's what matters.

I think you're right on this, and also that it would be kindof a brand new market. The uber expensive pickups out there are not style statements, they're more ultra-capable. That being said, it'd be a little weird to start it higher than the Semi.

Something like this pops up in a movie: "That thing is awesome!"

Something like this pops up in real life: "Are they mad? What are they thinking?"

Go figure.
If something that looked like this appeared in a film with any sort of budget I would be wondering what the hell the creators were smoking.

The fact that it actually exists makes it all the more absurd.

Last edited:
Something like this pops up in a movie: "That thing is awesome!"

Something like this pops up in real life: "Are they mad? What are they thinking?"

Go figure.

People enjoy cars like this in movies because when they appear they usually fit the overall theme of the movie. This truck would fit perfectly in the Bladerunner world, which happens to not be the world we live in. In the world we live in it looks terribly out of place, so therefor it doesn't look as appealing.

So I'm not so sure it's a positive to tag a brand new product with it.
If you say so.
You're alleging hypocrisy. Why you're compelled to do so--indeed why you treat any negative remark on the Tesla product range or its management as a personal attack--baffles me. Elon, is that you?

Also...

Movies. Aren't. Real.
I find the negativity hilarious actually. :) That's all people are these days is negative so you kind of get used to it over time. Everyone has their own opinion, just like everyone has, well, you know.

I'm all for pushing boundaries, but that is way too far design-wise.

Love or hate Tesla, they serve an important if not crucial purpose - to push the larger car companies out of their complacency. if things like this are too outside the norm, it doesn't function in the same way.

Watch out Ford/GM/Ram. :lol:

Looks like it could be one of the ugly background cars in Back to the Future when they go to 2015.

I'm all for pushing boundaries, but that is way too far design-wise.

Love or hate Tesla, they serve an important if not crucial purpose - to push the larger car companies out of their complacency. if things like this are too outside the norm, it doesn't function in the same way.

I agree, it's taken a couple of good ideas and wrapped 'em up in a package that's too difficult for many to accept. Funnily though, of all the cars they're making, this is the one I'd like to see succeed... can you imagine the battles we'll see between Cybertrucks and Coal-Rollers on highways?! The Tesla Cult vs. The Red Necks! The Mad Max Prequel!

can you imagine the battles we'll see between Cybertrucks and Coal-Rollers on highways?! The Tesla Cult vs. The Red Necks! The Mad Max Prequel!

I just worry about what may happen if they manage to get together and form an alliance. I don't think the world can handle the level of doucheyness EcoBro's would put out. :nervous:

Back