The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
BF3. Can someone explain why these guys are on the landing gear?

Attack helicopters such as the Apache and the Mangusta (pictured) often have the capability of carrying passengers in the case of an emergency.

The perfect scenario being recovery of downed pilots (attack helicopters have the firepower and armour to get in and out of 'hot' areas) which is what I suspect we see is being trained for in the picture.

There is actual footage of a British mission in Afghanistan that utilised this feature of the Apache, on YouTube.

I found this unknown test track goofing around on Google Earth. Right in the middle of the SoCal desert. Neat'o.

testtrack.png

^^

The 2nd to last pic I remembered someone already posting it, but I could be wrong. I think it's some sort of natural preserve in one of Japan's prefectures..

EDIT: Here's one I quoted:

Blue Pond
The “blue pond” of the famous tourist resort in Biei, Hokkaido, Japan is a place where many tourists gather in spring, summer, and autumn. However, since this pond freezes in winter, nobody is there during that period. This photograph was taken during the first snow of the season as it fell over the blue pond.

Last edited:
I saw a Moon Halo on Thursday night for the first time. Is the phenomenon more common in different countries? My American friend with me couldn't believe it was the first time I saw one.

I've never seen one in England, though I haven't been looking for it either. I've just heard and seen a few images of it recently and it looked pretty interesting to me. No idea if it's a rare thing or not.

I found this unknown test track goofing around on Google Earth. Right in the middle of the SoCal desert. Neat'o.

testtrack.png

Depending on the location, that could be Hyundai's testing facility.

Edit: After finding it on Google Maps, I do believe that is the Hyundai testing facility. I drove past it on my way to Laguna Seca a couple years ago.

Last edited:
I think that's Willow Springs. That map looks a bit like Horse Theif Mile

No, this track is directly North-East of Willow Springs. Go to Willow Springs race track and go 17 miles at 45 degrees or like I said directly North-East.

Depending on the location, that could be Hyundai's testing facility.

Edit: After finding it on Google Maps, I do believe that is the Hyundai testing facility. I drove past it on my way to Laguna Seca a couple years ago.

So, leaving the lat and long at the bottom of the pic was useful? Cool. 👍

Also, thanks for clearing up what it was. :)

20pvr6c.jpg

ferrari headquarters building.

LOL!!! :lol:

As stated, it's not their HQ. Plus, that's not a photo. Btw, that's a real thing for some time now, lots of photos and videos from that place everywhere. 👍

So, leaving the lat and long at the bottom of the pic was useful? Cool. 👍

Also, thanks for clearing up what it was. :)

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I paid no attention to the numbers. :P

I just looked on Google maps in the location I thought it was, and it matched up. 👍

Oh dear god did you need to quote that insanely large pic on the very next post? It took ages to load first time :D

Last edited:
Funny that this is one of the first images posted in the thread, I'm not calling you out for reposting (it was forever ago) I just think it's funny how things come full circle.

Proof that global warming is a myth!1! That iceberg looks almost exactly the same as it did three years ago!

Back