The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Funny that this is one of the first images posted in the thread, I'm not calling you out for reposting (it was forever ago) I just think it's funny how things come full circle.

Did look at the first post in a long time.
facepalm.gif

I think it should be said that just because a picture is incredibly large, does not necessarily make it cool or amazing.
I admit, those are pretty cool though.

I think it should be said that just because a picture is incredibly large, does not necessarily make it cool or amazing.
I admit, those are pretty cool though.

I think the auto image resizing software used on the forum now makes people forget about re-sizing it themselves.

I just took a quick stroll back through the pages and without a doubt the quality of the thread has increased over time. I really appreciate everyone for taking the time to post up the images you find. I wish I had more time to contribute myself but the time doesn’t allow me to. I have quite a collection of photos stored up that I want to post eventually. Some of them are great like this…

I just took a quick stroll back through the pages and without a doubt the quality of the thread has increased over time. I really appreciate everyone for taking the time to post up the images you find. I wish I had more time to contribute myself but the time doesn’t allow me to. I have quite a collection of photos stored up that I want to post eventually. Some of them are great like this…

This looks so unbelievably beautiful, I would SO much like to be there.

This one looks weird to me. Not quite sure I like the editing.
It's "weird" because for shots like these you need to use ND (Neutral Density) filters, to cover some of the light on the top part of the image and therefore balance the brightness to seem more according to what our brain perceives as a natural image. Only in this case, the post-editing wasn't done very carefully in returning the mountain tops some light back.
Unless, of course, those mountain tops ARE darker. In which case, editing is spot on. :sly:

Like on this image here. It needed one of those filters covering just the sky portion, thus lowering the visible light and balancing it out with the rest of the image to make it look more natural and not blowing the sky as it did.
Still, great photo. 👍

Funny how they drew a stickfigure into the picture. :P
:lol:

Am I the only one that's not impressed by overly doctored photographs?
Yes.

no, not really

Back