The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Such a majestic creature, that huge-ass Flying Fox. Not at all terrifying.

Neal - is that the eclipse from yesterday?

I don't know about the other ones, but the fourth pic wasn't from yesterday, seeing as I posted it a while back. They're all beautiful shots though.

KGt3h.jpg

The fire demon cometh?

Last edited:
Fire demon is pretty cool. :)

Though the lens that took that pic suffers from severe CA's. (yeah, I'm like that)

That giant bat is some scary stuff. Never knew those existed.

I was staring at the eclipse through my grandfather's old welding mask. It worked surprisingly well... I wish I could have gotten a view like this though.

CB50s.png

ckCOR.jpg

Neal - is that the eclipse from yesterday?

Dunno, they're all from new posts on other sites but....

I don't know about the other ones, but the fourth pic wasn't from yesterday, seeing as I posted it a while back. They're all beautiful shots though.

...I guess at least some are from other eclipses.

Also the big ass bat needs to be killed...with fire...sorry hippies.

^^ Those first two are beautiful photos, basically perfect from a technical viewpoint.

Last one is a damn fine moment caught, almost looks staged. 👍

Would the cables being under high tension not also cause it to be suspended? it does seem strange to have the large box under it though if that was the case. Looks pretty uncomfortable though either way :lol:

Edit: didn't realise that the cables went into the base box not the walls. Magnets it is.

Last edited:
Must be magnetic if it isn't a visual trick. Only use for the cables is to hold it in place.
If it was only the cables, the top plank would lay flat on the bottem one, as the distance in that position is the minimum length needed.

Yeah but if you lie on it too hard and it hits the board underneath, that ain't gonna be good.

Yeah but if you lie on it too hard and it hits the board underneath, that ain't gonna be good.

I figured the wooden board is still a wooden board so the fact that it's floating would make no difference whatsoever. It'd be like sleeping on a floor.

Back