The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
"Breaking news: clouds declare war on the United States"

I3QX3.jpg

Holy sh...ould we count this as animal abuse?

I'm still laughing, I'm DEFINITELY going to Hell.
(not that I wouldn't go without that)

I'm sure they didn't kill the cat for this purpose. What's the problem with using a stuffed cat for this?

I don't get the negative reaction to using a dead cat. Either you just see an animal, far from human or you see them as equal to humans with some sort of soul or what not, but since it's dead that is no longer the cat, just a shell.

Besides it is no different than sending human ashes on a rocket, to float back down and burn up in the atmosphere, or mixing human ashes into concrete that is molded into artificial reefs to rebuild sea habitats. Or he'll, dumping them off a cliff or tall landmark.

Yo I heard you like HD photos from the past

Wnwht.jpg

tNpaN.jpg

87mNr.jpg

This one really stands out to me for some reason
PhzSfh.jpg

Imagine: you're walking through town on a nice, sunny day, when suddenly, this big 🤬 thing.
VSXwhh.jpg

SKqLQh.jpg

QSv0vh.jpg

9w2a6h.jpg

5dqHj.jpg

G7oYuh.jpg

Tons more like this can be found on this reddit thread and at my new favorite website to kill time, Shorpy

---

Also, airplane.

mUQMW.jpg

Last edited:
Aircraft carriers never cease to amaze me. To work on the flight deck is one the the craziest jobs in the world. These things are just massive.

US_Navy_050725-N-0610T-048_The_Nimitz-class_aircraft_carrier_USS_Ronald_Reagan_(CVN_76)_performs_a_high_speed_run_during_operations_in_the_Pacific_Ocean.jpg

I’ve been meaning to post this here ever since I posted a few of these in the abandoned car thread and someone suggested to put them here. They certainly qualify.

These pictures were taken by Troy Paiva, also know as Lost America, a night photographer that specializes in “colouring” with light. His pictures are also interesting because he has a real fascination for decay and abandoned stuff and places, so he goes out at night searching for… stuff to photograph, be it an abandoned gas station in the middle of the desert, junkyards full of abandoned cars or inside abandoned buildings or instalations.

And he’s freaking good at what he does, as he’s been light painting for more than 20 years. So combine night experience and an extraordinary eye for composition, surreal colors and way surreal locations, and the sensory overload is immense.

These are not Photoshop creations, people, everything is done in-camera. Yes, I’m talking about the colors.

The Staircase por Lost America, en Flickr

Cartago Cafe por Lost America, en Flickr

Interrogation por Lost America, en Flickr

Flooded Trailer por Lost America, en Flickr

Bucket Express por Lost America, en Flickr

PRA por Lost America, en Flickr

Bodie Moonrise por Lost America, en Flickr

Rasta-ribbean por Lost America, en Flickr

Blood & Guts por Lost America, en Flickr

Please go and check out his website, it’s got more of the same and more, including a “technique” section. Also go to Flickr and say hi, Troy is a way cool down to earth guy and talks to everyone that approaches him. Been there done that.

Back