The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Awesome photos from the last couple of pages đź‘Ť Paramount poster is uberawesomesauce :D

Svartifoss (Black Fall) is surrounded by the dark lava columns that gave rise to its name. The hexagonal columns were formed inside a lava flow that cooled extremely slowly, giving rise to crystallization. Skaftafell National Park, Iceland.
svartifoss-waterfall-iceland_53926_990x742.jpg

tumblr_m3rghnocgj1qa9omho1_1280.jpg

7344062712_3e6372ff2e_o.jpg

Woooo at the first pic.

Nature precut stone đź‘Ť

The flares on the sun are nice

Moar planes :sly:

Two magnificent aircraft, the only place where they're displayed together:
1116904.jpg

I also have a fascination with night shots of cockpits, both classic and modern:
1977498.jpg

1876609.jpg

2027674.jpg

2107053.jpg

2070803.jpg

2016512.jpg

1900657.jpg

1872698.jpg

1503180.jpg

Last edited:
The flares on the sun are nice

That picture is more than just flares on the sun. The black spot is the transit of Venus across the face of the sun while visible to Earth. Think of it as a mini eclipse. Prior to 2004, the last time Venus crossed the sun like that was 1882. The next time it will happen is 2117 and 2125.

More Venus Transit Information

And a speed up video showing the entire transit:

Last edited:
This picture was taken on June 4th, just two days ago in Eastern Montana.
473002_10150862803084290_1444205142_o.jpg

Roger Hill
June 4th: Another day, another amazingly structured supercell. This time, after a LONG drive to northern Montana, we intercepted a tornado warned (rightfully so!) supercelll near the town of Loma, Montana. FANTASTIC structure from the hpish supercell! Couldn't help but smile watching this BEAST!

Svartifoss (Black Fall) is surrounded by the dark lava columns that gave rise to its name. The hexagonal columns were formed inside a lava flow that cooled extremely slowly, giving rise to crystallization. Skaftafell National Park, Iceland.

That awesome looking. :drool:

Kaieteur Falls in Guyana
tumblr_m2ig6yzXzO1r3x96uo1_1280.jpg

Had similar (though not that extreme) happening to me due to not asking for directions and being an adventurer.

Beerz
Had similar (though not that extreme) happening to me due to not asking for directions and being an adventurer.
Then you took an arr... you know the rest. :P

TB
Then you took an arr... you know the rest. :P

:lol:

Not really, I just decided it was getting too rough for my car at the time (BMW E46), stopped and had to back up for quite a while since there was no way to do a U-turn. More dumb and annoying than anything else, really. :ouch:

Awesome photos from the last couple of pages đź‘Ť Paramount poster is uberawesomesauce :D

Impressive. :cool: Makes me think of an upside down Giant's Causeway for some reason.

giants_causeway51_edited-2.jpg

^^ The longer I look at that pic the more I'm just waiting a T-Rex to appear and take the deer out.

Apologies if I've just ruined that image for anyone. :P

Back