The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Le Mans movie - behind the scenes

behind-le-mans-04-lg.jpg

More can be found here (from a book I'd really like to have):

http://autosportsltd.com/BehindLeMans.php

The R1600Turbo pic is from Australia (obviously) where there was a huge summer fire, I believe it was Victoria, but unsure if was the same year or fire where many people died. Anyhow, the Koala had survived, somehow, but was severley dehydrated. Thus the fireman gave it water. It then went to a vet as it had second degree burns. However it had other ailments and was euthanised soon after... :(

Just to ruin some imaginations :sly: that machine doesn't actual lay the bricks out like that. The builders still put them in how they want. They're just standing up doing their job instead of hurting their backs.

Still cool though... :)

Just to ruin some imaginations :sly: that machine doesn't actual lay the bricks out like that. The builders still put them in how they want. They're just standing up doing their job instead of hurting their backs.

Shhh... shhh... just close your eyes... lay back... now relax...

Yeah, I meant the ones from your post. Pandora is where the movie Avatar takes place. ;)

Ah, never seen that movie :D

bioluminescent_plankton_by_dreammywonderland-d4s6kei.jpg

Saw that brick machine on the news some time ago! Pretty cool, would spare alot of wild buttcracks :lol:

Killjoy!

NINE_HUNDRED

I was wondering how a small machine like that could place AND cut bricks in that pattern. Now I know that is not the case.

This was on my FB today. I cant read this stuff or otherwise ill turn out to be a vegan on day...

The Bull who cried

561298_499568366735238_1645635517_n.jpg

(google translated. Made 1 or 2 corrections. Good translation overall.)

" The BULL who cried '(true story)
Knowing he would be killed, a bull in Hong Kong, did what most people fail to realize or are skeptical in believing when it comes to animals - he showed emotion.

As reported by the "Weekly World News", a group of workers led to the slaughter of a bull. They were about to kill him to make steaks. When they were near the front door of the slaughterhouse, the sad bull suddenly stopped walking and knelt on their forelegs.

The bull was .... crying.

How could he know that he would be killed before entering the slaughterhouse?

Mr. Shiu, a butcher, recalls "When I saw this animal said to be 'stupid' and sobbing her eyes frightened and sad, I started shaking." "I called the others to see. They were as surprised as I was. We continue to pull the bull, but he did not move and sat there crying. "

Billy Fong, owner of the factory said, "people think that animals do not cry like humans. However, that bull was sobbing like a child. "At that time, more than 10 men witnessed the scene and everyone was thrilled. Those responsible for killing him feel even more touched and wept too.

Other factory workers also came to see the bull who was crying. The place was packed with people. They were all shocked by the scene. Three said they would not forget the scene when they kill other animals.

With both human and animal crying all knew that no one could kill the bull. But the problem was, what they would do with it? In the end, they raised funds to buy the bull and send it to a temple, where monks take care of him for life.

After the decision of workers, a miracle happened. One worker said, "when we promised the bull that we would not kill him, he started walking and followed us."

How he could understand their words?

Mr. Shiu said, "Believe. It was real, although it seems unbelievable. "Undoubtedly, this bull has changed the lives of butchers.
Hopefully this story will also change yours. "

EDIT: For those already reading this article, i just spotted 2 more errors and corrected them.

Last edited:
Crying bull? They certainly are.

I feel sorry for anyone who reads this and changes their diet habits because of it.

As a farmer, I can add a couple of things.

1. When you're roping and pulling on a bull, trying to go anywhere, as soon as he starts losing the battle, he will drop to its knee's in self defense, as would ANY animal. Don't believe me? Try pulling your dog somewhere he doesn't want to go, and most likely, he'll lay down.

2. Crying? No, cows don't cry like humans. Most likely this bull had something in its eye, or some kind of eye infection, and by the look of its red eyes, its most likely the latter. How do I know they don't cry? I've seperated countless cows and calves, sent numerous animals to the steak house, and even euthanized dying animals in front of its brothers and sisters. Never did I see a tear, although I did hear a lot of noise from their vocal chords.

I've even been part of prarie oyster picking (look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about) and seen their emotions come forth as the vet did his work behind them. Never saw a tear, although I saw some of the most dramatic faces a bull can make as his man hood is cut from his sack.

The closest thing I have seen was probably when my female miniature donkey died of a lung infection one winter, and her mate stood in the barnyard for 2 days staring at her until she was picked up by dead stock. I saw no tears, but seeing him mourn her death in the bitter cold all day and night for 2 days straight still brings a tear to my eye.

This is just another crazy Asian myth story, or possibly another stunt by PETA or some other random orgainization.

Back