The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Is the bottom half of that image a miniature? Everything looks a bit...weird. It's a really cool idea though.

I think the whole thing is a miniature.

The wreck under the water is atleast, as those are definitely toy cars, and a scale model locomotive.

It's all just a miniature :)

St. Paul, Minnesota, 1908

AJutj.jpg

The fact that it's a miniature just makes it even more awesome. 👍 I love that last photo too, it's fascinating. That's how real men dressed, I wish it were more socially acceptable to dress like that these days!

Awesome photo, it's really gorgeous seeing it in colour with such quality. 👍

Yup... the sepia paint really blends well with the sepia water. :lol:

But seriously, love F15s... sexy, sexy warbirds. Almost as sexy as the Tomcat...

f-14-tomcat-ge-f110-afterburning-turbofans-1080i-1080p.jpg

Sorry it's the Eagle for me, always was... and... living in New Zealand I've only had occasion to see one in the flesh once... an air show at Ohakea in the 80's when I was young... when it flew about 20m above the runway then pointed upwards with afterburners on full and disappeared before you could say... sorry it's already gone. That sealed it for me.

F14 for me. The F14 (complete with movable wings) was my favourite Airfix model I had when I were a lad, and then Top Gun.

Water is released from the Xiaolangdi dam to clear up the sediment-laden Yellow River and to prevent localized flooding
Water-is-released-from-th-008.jpg

Greeley Panorama on Mars
greeley_opportunity_5000.jpg

Volcano and Aurora in Iceland
volcanoaurora3_shs_960.jpg

I previously liked the F-14 more than the F-15. Both are very cool planes, but now, it is F-15 all the way. It also does not hurt that almost two years ago when the Air Force Academy came to Norman to play OU that the Air Force flew over four F-15Es before the game. Holy crap was the power of the jet engines apparent and the planes were just barely moving. At halftime, the Air Force flew a C-17 over and that plane was the exact opposite. The C-17 could not have been much quieter.

F-15 is my all-time favorite as well, followed closely by the F-16 :) Saw them many times as a kid at MacDill Airforce Base in Florida. When they did demos, I remember how those jets could sneak up on you and you wouldnt hear them until they were above your head. Getting surprised by a jet in full afterburner is just awesome! :P One of the most impressive planes I saw as a kid was the B1-B. Crazy huge and sleek for a bomber.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program, got a bit off topic there.

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird for me, not a fighter but still the most amazing thing to grace the sky.

frog-gourd_55578_990x742.jpg

crocodile-queensland-australia_55576_990x742.jpg

Usually with that lighting you can see the thousands of thousands of rivets holding the aluminium skin together, the 787 being mostly carbon composite however it isn't the case anymore.

Look at those see through screens :drool:

Boeings Heads Up Guidance System (HUGS)

First image looks like it could be, but the second I'm sure is legit. You can see people down the end, unless they just threw them in..

Back