THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Today however I looked at my DFGT and thought about having a go. Once I started the game I couldn't decide what race I wanted and because of that I started looking for a community based seasonal challenge and I found this thread.

Let me say that the no tune challenge is right up my alley and I am glad that you keep playing and challenging each other.

I had an amazing time with the challenge, unfortunately I could only do a 5:15 which compared to your times is a bit embarrassing.
Great!
Ah, you still have time to improve, especially if the city circuit is your preference. :)

:lol::lol: :lol:

We have about 50 chickens here and we sell the eggs that's why are there .
Our financial status is very low and that was a solution that occurs by the time we took the first 10 for home use at first place.

As for GT7 am also waiting too and mostly for what ps will release for.
I don't like the totally reliance from internet as gt sport have ,i like the plurality of gt6 in cars and tracks and the carrier mode .
Gt sport was start as an investment to support ps4 sales and nothing more ,also was addressed for limited audience and if i can say " professional " players .
I hope gt7 to be fully of content and not updated every 2-3 weeks to make it interesting .
Definitely i won't be from the first that will buy the ps5 since it will be expensive as it seems till now .
Same applies to gt7 if is for ps5 .
Although i believe the new virus situation that hit across the world ,will make tremendous change of plans in every aspect and might wait a lot more for the reveal of ps5 , gt7 and other stuff also.
When ps3 released was outrageous expensive against the ps2 which still remains the best selling console ever.
In about ten months we will know how when and if .
And definitely if i put in my hands gt7 i will support it whith a weel ,hope the g29 to fit for but i don't have high hopes on that.
GT Sport has got a GT League and it is embarrassing for offline players to play and that is why I come back to GT6, GT6 career mode is way better than GT League in GTS, and PD should have put more effort into GTS for players that like to play offline.

There is talk going around that GT Sport is slowing down now, and this maybe a hint that GT7 in coming out at the end of the year and I hope it happens.

I think the wheels like my G29 and others will have support for the PS5, because of backwards compatibility for those who want to play PS4 racing games on PS5, it will be silly and stupid for Sony if you brought a PS5 and you also have to buy a new wheel just to play a racing game like GT Sport and other games on PS5 because of backwards compatibility.

Hello everyone! Let me start by saying that I haven't play GT6 since the seasonals ended.

Today however I looked at my DFGT and thought about having a go. Once I started the game I couldn't decide what race I wanted and because of that I started looking for a community based seasonal challenge and I found this thread.

Let me say that the no tune challenge is right up my alley and I am glad that you keep playing and challenging each other.

I had an amazing time with the challenge, unfortunately I could only do a 5:15 which compared to your times is a bit embarrassing.

I think I will be around trying more no tune challenges.

Best regards to all of you.
Welcome to the hub mate, if you have any questions please don't hesitate ask.

---------------------

images.jpeg

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 54

DIV 1
@nostradavor2 4:56.874

DIV 2
@smoothbore12 4:57.846
@Thematic 5:05.370
@CozmicDragon 5:06.022
@bjl23 5:11.031
@BU2T3R 5:14.583

--------------

STRETCH UP AND DOWN

@nostradavor2 10:24.466
@smoothbore12 10:26.526
@Thematic 10:46.063

---------------

CHIC
RACE 3

@smoothbore12 9:21.742
@paddycars1
@Thematic
@bjl23

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#25

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
MISSION #8

Div 1
@paddycars1
VS
@Thematic 39.009

Div 2
@smoothbore12 39.987
VS
@bjl23 40.761

------------------

GT Sport has got a GT League and it is embarrassing for offline players to play and that is why I come back to GT6, GT6 career mode is way better than GT League in GTS, and PD should have put more effort into GTS for players that like to play offline.

There is talk going around that GT Sport is slowing down now, and this maybe a hint that GT7 in coming out at the end of the year and I hope it happens.

I think the wheels like my G29 and others will have support for the PS5, because of backwards compatibility for those who want to play PS4 racing games on PS5, it will be silly and stupid for Sony if you brought a PS5 and you also have to buy a new wheel just to play a racing game like GT Sport and other games on PS5 because of backwards compatibility.

Chances are 99% that g29 will work on ps5 but there is always but. one of the biggest reasons why I never got GTS is because DFGT doesn't work on it which was really bs.. also g25 and g27 not working. Very bad move.

:cheers:The Psychology of Winning Races:cheers:
  1. Competition is the impetus for innovation. The fiercer the competition, the faster race cars will go.
  2. There is some men a need to achieve greatness. When matched with talent, this necessity can turn humans into demigods.
  3. A man who is willing to die at the wheel is always likely to beat a man in a faster car---if he can survive until the end of the race.

Last edited:
CHIC
Total [9:25.332]
View attachment 898689

See the GT-Rs? All four of them? This was the only grid I did and will do, but together with the AMG, or not, they were likely to go four wide on the main straight. And generally being a nuisance with their stronger top end.

As i remember from my runs with all the family of GTRs the SLS never climp infront of them .
There must be a hell of a battle among them.
Nice time mate ,did you take advantage of any sleepstreming ?

I watched an old replay of "Monza". There were five GT-Rs! That win must have been after many more tries than now, since the car, Z4 GT3, didn't have a turbo.
Nice time mate ,did you take advantage of any sleepstreming ?
Not much... if I'm approaching the #1 chicane, I don't think I can peek at the rearview mirror. And Howe did extra braking in Curva Biasson, which made for a nice accordion. :/

CHIC
Slip steaming makes a massive difference this race.
View attachment 898832

You have right ,as i also wrote after my first attempts last week , everything is about sleepstreming in that race.
Did the phoenix audi cut your way after the first chicane in curva biasson ?
At least three times we become one body and had to restart the race cause he use to move suddenly to the left will i was in overtaking on the outside .

Gt3 Cup final update

After two hours with 3 different line ups and enought restarts in order to achieve the best way to get on sleepstreming that have a point and because honestly is above all, i have to declare that None of my laps couldn't stand as a white one according to the TT mode for various reasons each lap .

I think media is just over the top with this.. We aer right next to Italy, no one except the media cares.. including me.
yesterday I had phone call w friend from Bari (southern Italy) and she said it's just ridiculous. Average age of person who. died. in Italy is 81. Also. I think therr is tons of. infected people. here in Croatia too. but we. are not. even testing anyone..

I think media is just over the top with this.. We aer right next to Italy, no one except the media cares.. including me.
yesterday I had phone call w friend from Bari (southern Italy) and she said it's just ridiculous. Average age of person who. died. in Italy is 81. Also. I think therr is tons of. infected people. here in Croatia too. but we. are not. even testing anyone..
I have to agree, the common cold kills more people every year.
But it's still a bad thing to happen.

@bjl23 - I'm ok so far, thank for kind thinking
@nostradavor2 - you talk too much without to know, you must respect everyone, dead or alive, young or old, … if you are so confident you can come here and help us...

well I told you I talked with girl from Bari and what she told me.. And I told what is going on in Croatia.. Id be glad to come and help but don't know how could I help?!

@bjl23 - I'm ok so far, thank for kind thinking
@nostradavor2 - you talk too much without to know, you must respect everyone, dead or alive, young or old, … if you are so confident you can come here and help us...

And just to be clear, I never disrespected anyone. I was telling facts. I had nasty flu with pneumonia last year and the guy I got it from almost died. Im sure it was worse virus than corona so closing everything down will do much greater damage than virus itself. Also creating a histeria is not good direction to go. If I was wrong with something you could tell me what hurted you. If virus is "disrespectful* to certain groups of people doesn't mean I am. Its just pure logic that is not that dangerous. For older and already sick. people any additional ilnes is horrible. Id be more worried about migrants, economics etc than corona. But will jot talk about this anymore so you don't tell I talk too much. Sorry again. I wish all the best to Italy and to everyone else. Ciao Luciano

Now back to racing. An old rule has it that you should brake only when you are traveling in a straight line. It is a rule that is still valid today, even if it is not as inflexible as it once was. The reason braking should take place, for the most part, in a straight line is the transfer of weight within the car when braking, cornering and accelerating. When a race car beginning to decelerate, there is a weight shift from rear to front. If we assume an initial weight distribution of 40 per cent at the front and 60 per cent at the rear, it may change to 75 per cent at the front and 25 per cent at the rear. This weight transfer (35 per cent) is very useful at it gives extra grip to the front wheels which are under more stress while braking. If this happens on a the straight, there is no problem, but on the bend this force will apply at an angle to the car's direction of travel.

1. Find the optimal driving line. The fastest line around the track in the wet is often very different to the dry racing line. ...
  2. Steer positively. ...
  3. Use the throttle to help turn the car. ...
  4. Avoid wheelspin. ...
  5. Brake 'off the rubber' ...
  6. Use the kerbs. ...
  7. Be patient.Common driving wisdom holds that you get more traction during a turn when you are accelerating. For many drivers, it's standard practice to decelerate before entering a turn, then accelerate once they are half way through (Past The Apex) and not before! You will have a greater chance to spin out if you do it before you pass the Apex.
  8. As always, the corner preceding the next long straight is the most important – any extra exit speed here is carried down the straight and makes for a faster lap. When thinking about racing line, we need to work backwards from the final corner in the sequence before the straight.

Last edited:
@Racin510s "Barnabas" is in "P 1" at the moment so what about the rest of you cowards:lol:!!

Is that so ?
Happy to know that Barnavas is on the " road" again but as for the P1 i have an objection .:cheers:
Just uploading my vid and i guess in couple of hours will be ready.
I did it today ,not crazy stuff since the car is not to my liking at least under rain conditions.
I can't say that i enjoy it like i did with the Ferrari at la sarthe ,but we can't have it all.

Hope God keep us all well since that virus crisis is hit very hard all the European countries.
Today here they close all restaurants, coffee shops and shop centers.
Before that was schools ,cinemas , theaters , clubs etc.
Barnavas welcome back :)

No results just yet.
I had a go at the "city state rally" but the grid was plain wrong. After a few tries, the one race where I finished 1st was still 4 seconds slower than last week. I watched that replay and indeed I had drafts on pretty much all the straights until coming past the pit entry on lap 2, which means I had the right idea as to why.
GT 5 & 6 do really well with wheels, among other things since you can still use the menus with even a keyboard or something. All the other wheel supporting games on PS3 I tried, including WRC 4, just make a mess. In this well remembered case, if you activate a DS3 while the game is using the wheel, the game will just discard the wheel completely. That is, I could understand using only one wired controller at a time, but wireless and wheel not working simultaneously is pla(y)in(g) weird.
The force feedback here is almost in name only. There are no effects and no centering force either. So there's only resistance, which is certainly better than no force at all, though I haven't figured out if I should use a high or low setting.
There's some challenge in it. Some. After winning the WRC Junior Rally Espana I put the AI speed to 9/10 and basically why I didn't put it to ten is that I don't expect to play this very much. But at least I won't win right away.
I have not tried the hand brake function at all: I know the switches on the wheel aren't rugged, if I start tapping them while turning the wheel they are targeted for termination.
A positive here is that it remains to be seen whether I'll just learn the tracks. There's at least 11 locations, but each doesn't seem to be very large, I drive the same corners across many special stages. I mean I'll learn them or learn to interpret the codriving more efficiently. Each crash means a low rank for that stage and I certainly have full damage on.

Yes that said the wrong title at first. It's really WRC 4.

Last edited:
Back