THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
I was breaking twice.. That means more time :dunce:
Isnt SRF forced ON not OfF on GWH?

SRF is always of at that type of challenges in the game , as it is at license and missions runs.
Yesterday i saw a vid on 57.5 on YT ,so there's something to gain .
With the old Lotus in Goodwood you don't brake at all !!!
And i never pass the last one with the red bull :lol:

What bothers me the most is the dark spot ( cant see it well ) with the high speed S that you must not slide .
And of course at penultimate turn i " shave " a lot the straw balls trying to pass as fast is possible and this is another restarting reason for me.

@bjl23 the nick for cozmicdragon is ready .
It will be the " Snow white " for obvious reasons :lol:
He make usualy only one entry , enriched with a full fairy tale story that everyone likes to read and then is vanished .
Also that will " comfort " Tinkerbell that is not alone :lol:

SRF is always of at that type of challenges in the game , as it is at license and missions runs.
Yesterday i saw a vid on 57.5 on YT ,so there's something to gain .
With the old Lotus in Goodwood you don't brake at all !!!
Perhaps the one on YT with a 57.5 where done early in the updates, because time may change after all the GT6 updates where finish.

Hmm. No. SRF is forced on for tests, missions, Goodwood events and Sierra Rally events. For Senna events it's forced off.

Now that i check it i think you're right , they have the signal ON without let you choose .
I had the impression that was OFF since if you take the same car stock has different behaviour .
Thanks " Saint" for the correction ,my bad .

Irrelevant : 3 weeks ago was unemployed ,now ( thank God ) am doing and overtimes and can't " rest enough and play as i use to do with my last job but am not complaining .
It will be at least ungrateful in such a difficult period that many people can't work due to the virus lockdown.
We're all ok there younger and older and in general the early measures that was taken there seems that " worked" till now and in two weeks time we will know for sure.
End of today report , be good , positive and healthy .

A Poor Man's Ferrari VS The Top Class of Japan!

NOTUNE_RD56_PIC.jpg

Motegi is... Honestly, a pretty boring track. Wide runoff areas, mostly straights that end on sharp corners, a very Hermann Tilke style of circuit. It's also pretty much entirely flat aside from the downhill on the straight before Turn 11. Not really one of the best tracks in GT6.

This event, on the other hand, is pretty fun... So long as the LFA doesn't show up. That thing will ruin your dreams. The ZZII, on the other hand, although a hefty challenger, is beatable.

With the field I got, no LFA or GT-R Black Edition in sight. But at first, I had trouble keeping the little MR2 on track. MR street cars in GT6 are already a chore to drive thanks to the underdeveloped physics for them, and the short wheelbase of the MR2 doesn't help it withstand the sudden oversteer these cars are prone to. But after struggling with the car for a bit, I found a decent strategy to tackle this AI field.

From the start, pass the strange Isuzu concept car into Turns 1 and 2. We get into the yellow FD's slipstream and out-brake him into Turn 3. Be careful not to send yourself into the gravel here, it's very easy to misjudge your braking point here. Get a smooth exit out of Turn 4, and slipstream the Subaru to pass him on the next straight.

A little bit of clean air and we get the blue FD into Turn 8. After that, we have two R34's ahead of us. We can pass the first one either into Turn 9 or by out-braking them into the hairpin of Turn 10. For the second one, we usually get him after exiting Turn 11, but sometimes he can block us off and force us to wait until Turn 12. The ZZ-S can be passed on the final corner if the second R34 didn't block us, but otherwise, it's best to get him into Turn 1 at the start of Lap 2.

The field spreads out at this point, and we have some clean air until we get to the R390 GT1 on Turns 7 and 8. After passing him, we'll get clean air for the rest of the lap until we overtake the GT-R Spec V, usually on the exit of the last corner, or into Turn 1 on Lap 3. Once we pass him, we have about a 5 to 6 second gap to the ZZII. We need to push hard to catch him. Usually we catch up to him on Turns 7 and 8, making the pass on Turn 9.

So, we're in first place before the end of Lap 3. But the problem isn't getting to first place. The problem is staying there.

The ZZII is slower around corners than the MR2, but it's lighter and has twice the power, meaning it's way faster than you on the straights. It's very possible to keep this guy behind you, but you'll have to block him a few times on the straights if you want to win. And forget about leaving him behind on the corners - He's simply too fast on the straights and will catch right back up.

I did a few runs, but only two of them made it to the checkered flag, the fastest of which was a 8:51.131.

NOTUNE_RD56.jpg

And now...

Let the Goodwood Golf Festival... Begin!

FOS_HOLE1_PIC.jpg

The Goodwood Hillclimb track is super fun. The narrow nature of the track means one tiny mistake can cost you the run. You're always on edge here. I love this part of the game. (At least until you get to the very last challenge with the X2010...)

Turns 1 and 2: You don't need your brakes here. Just let the car glide through on third gear for Turn 1 and on fourth for Turn 2.

Turn 3: The only real hard braking spot on the track, but also where you'll lose most of your runs. Either third or fourth gear should do here (I usually do it on third), and be very careful not to hit the grass on the exit. The picture above should perfectly illustrate the results of that.

Turns 4 and 5: Fourth gear should do nicely, with a little tap on the brakes to get the rear end a bit loose, as that helps with turning in. Be careful not to go too loose though, or you'll most likely end up in the wall.

Turn 6: Usually you just lift off here, but a brake tap should be okay as well if you feel like you might hit the hay bales on the outside - Those are a big run killer if you smash into them. Fourth gear for this one as well. Don't be afraid to experiment here and just do what you feel comfortable with.

Turn 7: The final corner, and it's a flat-out kink to the left. Be careful not to turn in too early, though, as that was a problem I kept running into - Hitting the bales on the inside here killed a few of my runs right at the end.

Like with Motegi, only two runs actually made it to the end, with the fastest of which being a 1:00.710.

FOS_HOLE1.jpg

View attachment 904852

The Goodwood Hillclimb track is super fun. The narrow nature of the track means one tiny mistake can cost you the run. You're always on edge here. I love this part of the game. (At least until you get to the very last challenge with the X2010...)

Turns 1 and 2: You don't need your brakes here. Just let the car glide through on third gear for Turn 1 and on fourth for Turn 2.

Turn 3: The only real hard braking spot on the track, but also where you'll lose most of your runs. Either third or fourth gear should do here (I usually do it on third), and be very careful not to hit the grass on the exit. The picture above should perfectly illustrate the results of that.

Turns 4 and 5: Fourth gear should do nicely, with a little tap on the brakes to get the rear end a bit loose, as that helps with turning in. Be careful not to go too loose though, or you'll most likely end up in the wall.

Turn 6: Usually you just lift off here, but a brake tap should be okay as well if you feel like you might hit the hay bales on the outside - Those are a big run killer if you smash into them. Fourth gear for this one as well. Don't be afraid to experiment here and just do what you feel comfortable with.

Turn 7: The final corner, and it's a flat-out kink to the left. Be careful not to turn in too early, though, as that was a problem I kept running into - Hitting the bales on the inside here killed a few of my runs right at the end.

Like with Motegi, only two runs actually made it to the end, with the fastest of which being a 1:00.710.

View attachment 904851
The one and only place you need to brake is a slight tap on the brake just before going into turn 5, if you brake anywhere else on the run you just lose time.

A Poor Man's Ferrari VS The Top Class of Japan!

View attachment 904854

Motegi is... Honestly, a pretty boring track. Wide runoff areas, mostly straights that end on sharp corners, a very Hermann Tilke style of circuit. It's also pretty much entirely flat aside from the downhill on the straight before Turn 11. Not really one of the best tracks in GT6.

This event, on the other hand, is pretty fun... So long as the LFA doesn't show up. That thing will ruin your dreams. The ZZII, on the other hand, although a hefty challenger, is beatable.

With the field I got, no LFA or GT-R Black Edition in sight. But at first, I had trouble keeping the little MR2 on track. MR street cars in GT6 are already a chore to drive thanks to the underdeveloped physics for them, and the short wheelbase of the MR2 doesn't help it withstand the sudden oversteer these cars are prone to. But after struggling with the car for a bit, I found a decent strategy to tackle this AI field.

From the start, pass the strange Isuzu concept car into Turns 1 and 2. We get into the yellow FD's slipstream and out-brake him into Turn 3. Be careful not to send yourself into the gravel here, it's very easy to misjudge your braking point here. Get a smooth exit out of Turn 4, and slipstream the Subaru to pass him on the next straight.

A little bit of clean air and we get the blue FD into Turn 8. After that, we have two R34's ahead of us. We can pass the first one either into Turn 9 or by out-braking them into the hairpin of Turn 10. For the second one, we usually get him after exiting Turn 11, but sometimes he can block us off and force us to wait until Turn 12. The ZZ-S can be passed on the final corner if the second R34 didn't block us, but otherwise, it's best to get him into Turn 1 at the start of Lap 2.

The field spreads out at this point, and we have some clean air until we get to the R390 GT1 on Turns 7 and 8. After passing him, we'll get clean air for the rest of the lap until we overtake the GT-R Spec V, usually on the exit of the last corner, or into Turn 1 on Lap 3. Once we pass him, we have about a 5 to 6 second gap to the ZZII. We need to push hard to catch him. Usually we catch up to him on Turns 7 and 8, making the pass on Turn 9.

So, we're in first place before the end of Lap 3. But the problem isn't getting to first place. The problem is staying there.

The ZZII is slower around corners than the MR2, but it's lighter and has twice the power, meaning it's way faster than you on the straights. It's very possible to keep this guy behind you, but you'll have to block him a few times on the straights if you want to win. And forget about leaving him behind on the corners - He's simply too fast on the straights and will catch right back up.

I did a few runs, but only two of them made it to the checkered flag, the fastest of which was a 8:51.131.

View attachment 904853

And now...

View attachment 904852

View attachment 904851
Another great write up mate, it really puts a smile on my face as I'm reading it.

What I will be doing in April with the Sport Car Club America. Some of this will be cancelled:cheers:.
APRIL

3Fr-5Su

Race Services, Inc.

Watkins Glen International

4Sa

SCCA - New England Region - Solo

Devens Airfield

4Sa

SCCA - National - The Starting Line

Devens Airfield

5Su

Devens Airfield

9Th-10Fr

SCCA - New England Region - Club Racing

Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park

10Fr

PCA

Jacob Javits Convention Center

10Fr

NASA - Northeast Region

Lime Rock Park (Main Track)

12Su

SCCA - Northern New Jersey Region - Solo

MetLife Stadium

15We-16Th

PCA - Northern New Jersey - Drivers Education

Lime Rock Park

18Sa

BMW CCA - White Mountain Chapter

New Hampshire Motor Speedway

18Sa

MAX BMW Motorsports

Lime Rock Park

18Sa-19Su

MassTuning

Canaan Motor Club

19Su

FCSCC

FCSCC North Lot

24Fr

BMW CCA - White Mountain Chapter

New Hampshire Motor Speedway

25Sa

PCA - North Country - Autocross

Devens Airfield

25Sa

Mid-Atlantic TRSS Volunteers

Oxford Valley Mall

26Su

MassTuning

Palmer Motorsports Park

26Su

Devens Airfield

26Su

SCCA - Philadelphia Region

Warminster Community Park

26Su

SCCA - South Jersey Region (SJR) - Solo

Bader Field

Get Sponsored Driver Pricing on Hoosiers @ TrackDayTire.com

Last edited:

Mustang Boss 302. iA International A: GT World Championship: Mazda Raceways Laguna Seca: Race 2: Fast lap 1:25.103. Total Time 8:42.647. Pass for the win over the Peugeot 905 B at the first corner on lap 5 after the start/finish line. Lead over the Peugeot at the finish 00.760

Last edited:
This one looks great Noel.. Though to beat.. I like that type od races.
You got that right good buddy as it is one hell of a race. And it’s going to be at the next school. I would never believed that a Mustang could beat all these 750 PP race cars. By the way at Laguna Secca at the Corkscrew it’s every man for himself as you will see you when you watch this race. Barnabas was the guy who picked the car for me to drive and when he said that I thought he was putting one over on me but he was right you can win with this car but it’s going to be tough. I remember a long time ago I was at Laguna and I saw Alex Zanardi win this race by going down with four wheels on the dirt down the hill for the win. The racing organization did not penalize him for that. So I’m gonna be a little lenient when it comes to that place when I post this as the next race at the SkeagRacingSchool. You still have to avoid hitting another car as much as possible But at the corkscrew it’s not always possible but as long as you’re in front you got a nose ahead of the other race car you’ll be OK if there’s a little banging. Also beware of the race cars they break too soon for the corkscrew and you’re going to bang into them from the rear. That’s how I avoided hitting one car from the rear but I almost spun out on the inside to do it but hey he didn’t give me racing room. And I gave him all the room I could LOL

Last edited:
This really sounds good. I hope I'll have time to do both this and next round.
Have you seen the race GT2 class (you must have tho) in Laguna Seca when Corvette and Carrera really went on each other last few laps.. and it ended.. well it ended interesting :)
Also good car choice from Barnabas
That GT2 race was wild! I was talking to Barnabas and he went with this crazy idea of a Mustang and quite frankly I didn’t think it could win. The one mustang I would love to own is the bullet mustang that’s Steve McQueen drove in the movie Bullit. They make one now but it goes for 60 K.

Last edited:

Mustang Boss 302. iA International A: GT World Championship: Mazda Raceways Laguna Seca: Race 2: Fast lap 1:25.103. Total Time 8:42.647. Pass for the win over the Peugeot 905 B at the first corner on lap 5 after the start/finish line. Lead over the Peugeot at the finish 00.760

Oh man , that's tough !!!
I can't believe either that this car could stand up to that challenge :crazy:

By the way today i receive my new smart 4k tv ,an lg 43" 7100 model .
I put it on the wall this afternoon and among the searching period of what and how i open the ps3 to see how it looks .
After a while i was in position to announce : Houston we have problem !!!
Its so big comparing to my old 32 and i can't get use to it :confused: also don't have space to go further back :lol:
Anyway i think that it will take me some time to adapt to the big screen but definitely i don't expect much on this round. :boggled:

Greetings from the Mediterranean area to all my mates .

Oh man , that's tough !!!
I can't believe either that this car could stand up to that challenge :crazy:

By the way today i receive my new smart 4k tv ,an lg 43" 7100 model .
I put it on the wall this afternoon and among the searching period of what and how i open the ps3 to see how it looks .
After a while i was in position to announce : Houston we have problem !!!
Its so big comparing to my old 32 and i can't get use to it :confused: also don't have space to go further back :lol:
Anyway i think that it will take me some time to adapt to the big screen but definitely i don't expect much on this round. :boggled:

Greetings from the Mediterranean area to all my mates .
The bigger the TV screen the better you will do. I have a 55 inch and I’m right on top of it with my racing rig. I too wonder how long my steering wheel is going to last but it does make a huge difference when your threading the needle in any race.You can still buy the wheel the logitech one I mean.

The bigger the TV screen the better you will do. I have a 55 inch and I’m right on top of it with my racing rig. I too wonder how long my steering wheel is going to last but it does make a huge difference when your threading the needle in any race.You can still buy the wheel the logitech one I mean.

Unfortunately i have a wheel but not space to use it since we live in a very " short " space and i play from the bedroom !!
I don't know if still working ,its a Logitech DGF from the past when ps2 came up.

Certainly i " see" better but need to adapt my moves with the big screen.
I hope not working on Sunday and find some time to run the Audi this week.
Also i don't know if i take part in all challenges this time ,at least i try .

Latest Posts

Back