THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Formula Rally

I have done the K trail much more than this, and the W trail (short) both ways some. I'm clueless here, roughly 20 laps in. Blind corners that I remember a little late, and the untoward "So sliding, light with the brakes... hey, that's too much rotation already!". That may be more the car, though.

Best lap: 2:03.843

Setup (incl. oil change. A lot of these I didn't touch and I had to buy the dirt tyres):
Suspension r. height 145
Spring rate 4.81 / 7.89
Dampers c. 2 / 3
Dampers e. 3 / 3
ARB 4 / 3
Camber 0
Toe -0.05 / 0.19
Brake balance 5 / 5
Transmission max speed 290 == 4.059 final drive

Differential gear
Initial 10 / 10
Acceleration 20 / 40
Braking 10 / 20

Centre differential 34:66

Downforce 150 / 50

Attachments

• formula_rll_board.jpg
    formula_rll_board.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 11
  • formula_rll_result.jpg
    formula_rll_result.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 9
CHIC (+75000 g)

At about a 1000 km in, this car - settings too - is starting to appeal to me. I like how I can suggest the right coming into the final chicane, that is braking in a straight line except not quite in the latter half, though I only managed that well twice in the last (posted) race. Diminished concentration no doubt, I felt an extensive tingling which made me stop.
Lap times: 2:10.731, 2:03.149, 2:03.113, 2:03.115, 2:05.798
Total time: 10:25.906
--
@nostradavor2 If you are not streaming, I don't think it matters how quickly a 10 minute, or so, video is encoded.
--
About compatibility, sadly the industry has moved to Intel derivatives only, so the unusual setup of the PS3 was the last sigh of actual alternativity. Sony couldn't have adopted that path alone.

Damn you make it even harder , :banghead:
After some laps at free run just try it a bit today and was on 27s high at the end but a huge error cost me a couple of seconds ( went off at the way to spoon curve ) .
I must restart this more than ten times in order to achieve a good first lap and run only one race where my first lap was at 2.11 .
Best so far at 2.02 -2.03 but i don't give up .

@smoothbore12 Are you sure the restart is the way to go? I just ran the races, if I made a scuffed move it gave me the chance to try a little harder, and if it worked then do it in the next race.

Is just that is long race and if you skrew up first lap you have small chances for something good overall.
Of course you can skrew it in every lap due to an error , doesn't have to be the first one .
At least i learn to brake earlier and avoid costly mistakes but messing with the AI is crucial for the outcome thats why i restart the race if am not pleased with the first lap .

Have a good day all.

So the CROSSOVER CUP finished today and TEAM CHALLENGE HUB won round 5, 3 points to 2.
Which meant TEAM CHALLENGE HUB won the cup overall 14 - 11.

@Thematic was racer of the round and @Vic Reign93 was racer of the cup winning all 5 of his races.

Thank you to everyone who took part, It was a great competition and I had lots of fun with some old mates and I've made some new ones.

Season 2 is coming soon.

Chic update with the wolf among the lamps and the complete Audi gang gathered .
IMG_20200407_210614.jpg

I don't know if The Saint will respond ,but am done anyway.
Unfortunately i can play only once a day and only for about an hour and as i said in previous post i want that championship .

To the answer in the question : how am dealing with the chicane ?

I improvise !!!! ( Honestly above all )

So the CROSSOVER CUP finished today and TEAM CHALLENGE HUB won round 5, 3 points to 2.
Which meant TEAM CHALLENGE HUB won the cup overall 14 - 11.

@Thematic was racer of the round and @Vic Reign93 was racer of the cup winning all 5 of his races.

Thank you to everyone who took part, It was a great competition and I had lots of fun with some old mates and I've made some new ones.

Season 2 is coming soon.

So Bryce, Thematic, Babis and I all had 3-2 score. Interesting.

Not really interesting, but I think I'm going insane due to lack of girls outside. and lack of sleep :lol:

I hope Noel and Barnavas as USA citizens to take all the measures needed to be safe from this faqen virus since all news from there is " Black ".:confused:

Edit
I got my hour for today ( almost) and i try the dirt today ,mostly to honour what our mate choose for this round.
As Bryce am not good at it ,even average i can say.
With only ABS i spend the time mostly to make the car a bit stable and with high gearing try to eliminate unwanted spins.
I also put about 80 kilos in front !!!
Formula rally entry
IMG_20200408_203855.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Noel and Barnavas as USA citizens to take all the measures needed to be safe from this faqen virus since all news from there is " Black ".:confused:

Edit
I got my hour for today ( almost) and i try the dirt today ,mostly to honour what our mate choose for this round.
As Bryce am not good at it ,even average i can say.
With only ABS i spend the time mostly to make the car a bit stable and with high gearing try to eliminate unwanted spins.
I also put about 80 kilos in front !!!
Formula rally entry
View attachment 907702
It is just a bunch of fake news in the US. I pay zero attention! This will pass as the USA is just over the top with this.

BMW M3 GT 2 Base Model. iA International A: GT World Championship: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit: Race 4. Fast lap 1:57.286. Total Time 9:55.816. Pass for the win over the Courage C60-Peugeot on lap 3 at Copes Corner. The race cars spent the rest of the time trying to dump me out of the race.

Tune
645PP 852HP

Front 50/Rear 50

Tires RH

Suspension

60/60

17.09/18.29

4/4

4/4

3/3

0.0/0.0

-0.06/0.06

BB

5/6

Diff Gear

Downforce

300/550

Last edited:

LEADERBOARD
Update

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 56

DIV 1

DIV 2
@CozmicDragon 8:51.131
@Thematic 8:54.950
@smoothbore12 8:55.157
@bjl23 8:59.162

--------------

FORMULA RALLY

@Thematic 2:03.661
@smoothbore12 2:05.385
@bjl23 2:17.286

---------------

CHIC
RACE 5

@smoothbore12 10:22.883
@Thematic 10:25.906
@bjl23 10:41.390
@paddycars1

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#28

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 1

@fordlaser 57.909
@RMan72 58.063
@nostradavor2 58.420
@smoothbore12 58.617
@CozmicDragon 58.699
CUT _____________________ LINE
@bjl23 59.125

Reminder: Div 1 players start with a. 500 time penalty

------------------

Thanks for saying that.. I stopped talking about it, not just here but overall because people think I'm insane when I say stuff like that.
I also ignore everything regarding this, don't even read or watch news.

For me i just take precautions and that's all ,i wash my hands ,were a mask and gloves when am out for shopping ,keep a safe distance if needed but am not living in a town so all this is more easy for me.
Its kind weird but am not feeling anything like ,fear , anxious , nervous or whatever and especially for the upcoming " future ".
I just don't like to meet with the virus ( you never know anyway ) and mostly cause am 55 and still smoker .
Of course things can change since mine and Mary's mom is over 80 and it could be a real mess if anything happens during that period which everything is difficult .

Today ill spend my " hour " at the no tune to see if i can get a bit faster with that 🤬 ....🤬 MR2 but am not expecting much :grumpy:
The gravel and the sand is his second nature ...... I just hate it and the only way to run it cool is with different tyres back and front but you can't be quick.

Tinkerbell one good way to attract " girls " this period os to start using your nick name :lol:
Girls love fairytales .

For me i just take precautions and that's all ,i wash my hands ,were a mask and gloves when am out for shopping ,keep a safe distance if needed but am not living in a town so all this is more easy for me.
Its kind weird but am not feeling anything like ,fear , anxious , nervous or whatever and especially for the upcoming " future ".
I just don't like to meet with the virus ( you never know anyway ) and mostly cause am 55 and still smoker .
Of course things can change since mine and Mary's mom is over 80 and it could be a real mess if anything happens during that period which everything is difficult .

Today ill spend my " hour " at the no tune to see if i can get a bit faster with that 🤬 ....🤬 MR2 but am not expecting much :grumpy:
The gravel and the sand is his second nature ...... I just hate it and the only way to run it cool is with different tyres back and front but you can't be quick.

Tinkerbell one good way to attract " girls " this period os to start using your nick name :lol:
Girls love fairytales .
Audi R18 at Mount Panorama now that is challenge:lol: As far as the virus goes I could give a fat crap:gtpflag:

Last edited:

Girls love fairytales .

I'm horrible at texting.. Never use that.. Now I'm texting 3 girls atm and already set to meet up all of them and they still want to text.. what should I text further if she already told me it's ok to meet up? Idk.. Never use this in normal situation, makes me stressed.

The MR2 is a handful without TC but TC on 1 is a bit better, and if I get all the corners right and the right field, there is a 8:45 or better race time. I have lost count on how any times I have to restart the race, because of the mistakes I make during the race because of the car.

The MR2 is a handful without TC but TC on 1 is a bit better, and if I get all the corners right and the right field, there is a 8:45 or better race time. I have lost count on how any times I have to restart the race, because of the mistakes I make during the race because of the car.

I run this yesterday , the very first time i did a 55 again and the second at 52s .
Judging from my faster laps i saw a room for more improvement and start pushing ..... After that i never end a race :banghead: , lost count of how many restarts i did by ending on the gravel or cause steering the car one side was facing the opposite side :banghead:
This car has tremendous body role ( steering sens was at -2 !!! ) and a serious tendency to slide the back end especially " unloaded " during roll turning .
I was so pissed off that i couldn't play anything else and for sure i won't touch it again.
Am not gonna bother anymore on this , ill run tomorrow on school challenge and thats all.
Only one car i remember till now with such a bad behaviour ,the Reunalt T5 again at no tune and happens to be also at Motegi with SH tyres.
MR2 my a.s.s. :banghead: .

I run this yesterday , the very first time i did a 55 again and the second at 52s .
Judging from my faster laps i saw a room for more improvement and start pushing ..... After that i never end a race :banghead: , lost count of how many restarts i did by ending on the gravel or cause steering the car one side was facing the opposite side :banghead:
This car has tremendous body role ( steering sens was at -2 !!! ) and a serious tendency to slide the back end especially " unloaded " during roll turning .
I was so pissed off that i couldn't play anything else and for sure i won't touch it again.
Am not gonna bother anymore on this , ill run tomorrow on school challenge and thats all.
Only one car i remember till now with such a bad behaviour ,the Reunalt T5 again at no tune and happens to be also at Motegi with SH tyres.
MR2 my a.s.s. :banghead: .
Very much looking forward to your race at Mount Panorama with the Audi R18

Goodwood Golf Festival: 0:58.123

upload_2020-4-11_20-40-46.png

It took me like 50 tries to finally nail this one. Had to turn up the traction control to 5, as much as I hate it, otherwise the car is simply too slippery to attack the corners in the aggressive way I usually do. It's not a 57, but I can't improve anymore. That was pretty much a perfect run.

lHAntRO.gif

ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 56

DIV 1
@fordlaser 8:48.608

DIV 2
@CozmicDragon 8:51.131
@Thematic 8:54.950
@smoothbore12 8:55.157
@bjl23 8:59.162

--------------