THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Yes, a drug test is required. That way we can have a beer together :D

@fordlaser that puts you in P1, Hugh I'm surprised your not at that level.

All that smoke indicates TC zero at Hugh's run ,so if am right ( i didn't try it anyway ) something between 1-2 couple of tenths are lying down at the start line .
Great job " bro" with the MR at crossover fight.

PS
First time in the last couple of months that am waiting the Sunday to rest :scared:
Like a child with school holidays :lol:

Yes.. I work too.. And will have to do also during the weekend.. Thought driving today little bit but I have issues with throttle again so was to pissed to drive..

And yes, Hugh definitely didn't use TC.. I didn't want to. use it either but did 58.6 without it.. wven tho I didn't try much..

GOODWOOD
I lost count on how many times it took me to get under 1 minute.
IMAG0104.jpg

NO-TUNE
after using the MR2 in this race and the crossover I've worked out that I don't like this car :banghead:
IMAG0099.jpg

Goodwood Golf Festival: 0:58.699

upload_2020-4-4_0-52-3.png

No fancy write-up this time as I did this in a hurry and it's almost 1am here. I didn't have time to come up with one.

Turned TC down to 1 (used it at 2 on the last run) and got a pretty decent time. Indeed, turn 3 (or 4, depending on whether the small kink before it is considered a corner to you. To me, it's not) is the only place you need to brake. But what @fordlaser is doing is definitely not possible on a pad. There's just no way I can go that fast through that corner.

I don't think I can improve on this time. This is probably the best I can do.

Goodwood Golf Festival: 0:58.699

View attachment 905566

No fancy write-up this time as I did this in a hurry and it's almost 1am here. I didn't have time to come up with one.

Turned TC down to 1 (used it at 2 on the last run) and got a pretty decent time. Indeed, turn 3 (or 4, depending on whether the small kink before it is considered a corner to you. To me, it's not) is the only place you need to brake. But what @fordlaser is doing is definitely not possible on a pad. There's just no way I can go that fast through that corner.

I don't think I can improve on this time. This is probably the best I can do.
The kink can be considered a corner because you are turning a corner, I am very close to going through that section without braking using my wheel.

Edit: A very slight brake at turn 4.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-04-04 16-43-10.png

Last edited:
There is one site with many games leaderboards.. so if you want to know the fastest time for this GW event.. it's 57.0.. Guess who's time it is? Paddy hope you are doing well :)

I was just browsing something last night (insomnia again lol), Noel I didn't know Mario Andretti was born in Motovun (Croatia).. Fun fact :)

If I manage to do something with throttle might do some races today or tomorrow..

There is one site with many games leaderboards.. so if you want to know the fastest time for this GW event.. it's 57.0.. Guess who's time it is? Paddy hope you are doing well :)

I was just browsing something last night (insomnia again lol), Noel I didn't know Mario Andretti was born in Motovun (Croatia).. Fun fact :)

If I manage to do something with throttle might do some races today or tomorrow..
Quotes
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat.

Just a bit anxious play today since i was very tired from work .
Its raining men ,stones ,sofas , armchairs ,tables and what ever you can think of ..... That means we have a strong possibility to have or to write it right ,not have power from a " damage " due to heavy load of lightnings and the bad news is tomorrow will be worst.
Anyway just a short run at Goodwood and at no tune that i only try it 2 full races with the 🤬🤬 MR and left 2-3 sec. On an exit at 3rd lap.

I don't know if i try harder on this since i already " hate " that rolling boat.
IMG_20200404_200032.jpg

Goodwood small update with hope more to come next week.
IMG_20200404_192427.jpg

Perhaps ill focus more on GT3 with the Audi since my mates are quite similar with me at weight penalty.
As for school i just set the Audi TDI but need time to run alone and still i didn't find time yet.
Also if can't see or better open what Bryce have for that championship ( he asks some Google permissions ) and i don't know where am standing .
Have a good Sunday guys .

CHIC
Took me about 10 restarts to finish 1 race, due to the AI ramming me or I would lose focus due to 1 of kids.

Well down from @Thematic, but there's still a lot of improvement.
View attachment 905902

I don't know how the F .... ( From fashion world but we just keep the F :lol: ) The Saint run so fast at Suzuka but it's a very anxious race especially the first two laps that " ramming " is present for sure .
Deffinetly i " cut " the chicane more or less but even that way couldn't be faster than 2.04 mid and at normal conditions less than 2.06 is miracle .
Didn't run that much since restartings was most common than racing it.
Need a lot of practice and luck not to ruin the race from errors or ramming by the AI.
Anyway this what i' ve got so far at midday session while at the morning spend almost two hours with a pan and making crepes :D

IMG_20200405_141754.jpg

How did it go with the Boss???

I really liked the car. Also I thought it'll be harder to control it with no aids. Maybe it's going to be for guys using buttons because it takes a lot of throttle control. Its close to 900 HP car so I decided to have longer gears, not using max acceleration potential but that way I could feel when is right time to flat out. I also added some ballast to have 50:50 weight distribution.

Great car and track combo, that's why I decided to do that race before I take my racing setup apart.

Cars like Pozzis Camaro RS etc wouldn't stand a chance against this Boss.

But I definitely needed to adjust my driving style little bit for this one. Braking and turning early and hitting the apex is crucial. I think I missed apex just 2 times during the race thanks to my throttle once and other time because forgot braking point and had to shift one more gear down.

For races like this I'm sorry that I don't have capture card because I do my best to record w phone and than I get pissed when things aren't really great quality.

images.jpeg

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 56

DIV 1

DIV 2
@CozmicDragon 8:51.131
@Thematic 8:54.950
@smoothbore12 8:55.157
@bjl23 8:59.162

--------------

FORMULA RALLY

@bjl23 2:17.286

---------------

CHIC
RACE 5

@Thematic 10:26.425
@smoothbore12 10:31.883
@bjl23 10:41.390
@paddycars1

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#28

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 1

@fordlaser 57.909
@RMan72 58.063
@nostradavor2 58.420
@smoothbore12 58.617
@CozmicDragon 58.699
CUT _____________________ LINE
@bjl23 59.125

Reminder: Div 1 players start with a. 500 time penalty

------------------

Mustang Boss 302. iA International A: GT World Championship: Mazda Raceways Laguna Seca: Race 2: Fast lap 1:25.103. Total Time 8:42.647. Pass for the win over the Peugeot 905 B at the first corner on lap 5 after the start/finish line. Lead over the Peugeot at the finish 00.760

Does it matter what PP on the Mustang ? and I have it around 550PP or a bit more and I won, but I am still working on the car to make it handle better.

Does it matter what PP on the Mustang ? and I have it around 550PP or a bit more and I won, but I am still working on the car to make it handle better.

Noel will answer but I don't think so. Just wanted to say that I did this race because maybe won't have time if this is going to be next round school race (this round is other race). Also I was happy with my first race(test run) so I recorded it. I had the car maxed out but I put some ballast and I used long gearbox so never used max potential (I'm useless with tuning anyways).
Did you get new capture card? At this point, I'd rather buy capture card than ps4 but I don't know if my laptop is good enough to make good output video :/

Noel will answer but I don't think so. Just wanted to say that I did this race because maybe won't have time if this is going to be next round school race (this round is other race). Also I was happy with my first race(test run) so I recorded it. I had the car maxed out but I put some ballast and I used long gearbox so never used max potential (I'm useless with tuning anyways).
Did you get new capture card? At this point, I'd rather buy capture card than ps4 but I don't know if my laptop is good enough to make good output video :/
No I got my old capture card working now :). When Sony released the PS4 console, it should have been backwards compatible with the older PS consoles, and it would have been good to play GT6 on PS4.

CHIC (+75000 g)

At about a 1000 km in, this car - settings too - is starting to appeal to me. I like how I can suggest the right coming into the final chicane, that is braking in a straight line except not quite in the latter half, though I only managed that well twice in the last (posted) race. Diminished concentration no doubt, I felt an extensive tingling which made me stop.
Lap times: 2:10.731, 2:03.149, 2:03.113, 2:03.115, 2:05.798
Total time: 10:25.906
--
@nostradavor2 If you are not streaming, I don't think it matters how quickly a 10 minute, or so, video is encoded.
--
About compatibility, sadly the industry has moved to Intel derivatives only, so the unusual setup of the PS3 was the last sigh of actual alternativity. Sony couldn't have adopted that path alone.

Attachments

• chic_szk_result.jpg
    chic_szk_result.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back