THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Usually when you change oil in a car you get always lower hp when its about certain pp number.
Changing oils only favour no tune cars .
Key factor on rollercoaster is first uphill S and the downhill brake to last until the very late spot with the car ready to enter to the left bend without corrections .
Other than that ,a " loose" but not " snapy" rear end help to steer sliding all the final sector and low speed S's with just a small tap on brakes preparing the car to next turn entry .
Nail front ,loose rear and more torque at front axle to drag you out from oversteering slide.
At least that help me .

View attachment 916815

And after that a simple death is ok.

View attachment 916818

View attachment 916900

View attachment 916901

No tune entry , not sure if i stay with this tyres compo .
In some areas full SH is faster in the fast bends are SH-CS but whatever i use till now can't find brake point before the last bends where the the red signal is on 9 times at ten

Hello again. I have a couple of questions. Is it allowed to use ABS on this challenge. I saw some conversations in the beginning of the thread mentioning no use of ABS. So I decided to try it. It was really, reaaly difficult. I hit 58.883 (no aids, no tuning, no oil change, manual gear box). I didn't even bother to send pics because my time is trash.
But I really would like to know if you have any tips on driving without ABS (someone said "pump the breaks instead of standing on them" and that helped me get the time below 1 minute). I use a logitech g27 + H shifter. What I realized right away is that when I don't use ABS, it's virtually impossible to heel-and-toe the downshifts. I always play doing the best I can to simulate driving a real car, and I always favor the cars with H-shifters-manuals (call me an old man, I don't care)... I find that setting ABS to 5, is the most realistic heel-and-toe I can do. With the ABS set too low, I cannot press the brakes enough to blip the throtle during downshifts...

Anyway, I have hopes of hitting the 0:56 marks like you guys. I'm not so sure I'll be able to do it with no ABS though.

Hello again. I have a couple of questions. Is it allowed to use ABS on this challenge. I saw some conversations in the beginning of the thread mentioning no use of ABS. So I decided to try it. It was really, reaaly difficult. I hit 58.883 (no aids, no tuning, no oil change, manual gear box). I didn't even bother to send pics because my time is trash.
But I really would like to know if you have any tips on driving without ABS (someone said "pump the breaks instead of standing on them" and that helped me get the time below 1 minute). I use a logitech g27 + H shifter. What I realized right away is that when I don't use ABS, it's virtually impossible to heel-and-toe the downshifts. I always play doing the best I can to simulate driving a real car, and I always favor the cars with H-shifters-manuals (call me an old man, I don't care)... I find that setting ABS to 5, is the most realistic heel-and-toe I can do. With the ABS set too low, I cannot press the brakes enough to blip the throtle during downshifts...

Anyway, I have hopes of hitting the 0:56 marks like you guys. I'm not so sure I'll be able to do it with no ABS though.
Yes you can use ABS on these challenges my friend 👍.

Now we're cooking with fire.

Dear mate you can use any preferences at driving options as you pleased.
If there's a restriction you will read it , for example might says NO SRF ,or ABS only etc.
At no tune there's no restrictions at the use of driving aids and as the game allow ALWAYS can change oil at no tune challenges plus you can adjust the brake balance to your liking
If there's a pp limit you can set the pp the way you like - most of the times- by adding weight, power upgrades of any kind etc.
Then you slide the power bar to reach the certain amount of pp at the desired value .
For example at " Rollercoaster " challenge you can use any driving option except SRF and any kind of tuning without to exceed 500 pp limit ,and you can use any driving options except SRF and tyres given for that challenge is CS.
Happy driving mate.

Dear mate you can use any preferences at driving options as you pleased.
If there's a restriction you will read it , for example might says NO SRF ,or ABS only etc.
At no tune there's no restrictions at the use of driving aids and as the game allow ALWAYS can change oil at no tune challenges plus you can adjust the brake balance to your liking
If there's a pp limit you can set the pp the way you like - most of the times- by adding weight, power upgrades of any kind etc.
Then you slide the power bar to reach the certain amount of pp at the desired value .
For example at " Rollercoaster " challenge you can use any driving option except SRF and any kind of tuning without to exceed 500 pp limit ,and you can use any driving options except SRF and tyres given for that challenge is CS.
Happy driving mate.
Thanks for the reply. And what does SRF stand for?

58./No tune

IDK about 60 fps, but this is only 15.

Attachments

• ch58notune_board.jpg
    ch58notune_board.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ch58notune_result.jpg
    ch58notune_result.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
What would the objective be?

Perhaps the most continuously laps .....
Also could be different categories according to lap times average.
The Saint could easily have the over and sub minute trophies ,one now and one again at no tune with the BMW TT at Grand valley .:D

Such persistence deffinetly deserves a trophy no matter the outcome as a result in a challenge.

Perhaps the most continuously laps .....
Also could be different categories according to lap times average.
The Saint could easily have the over and sub minute trophies ,one now and one again at no tune with the BMW TT at Grand valley .:D

Such persistence deffinetly deserves a trophy no matter the outcome as a result in a challenge.
I totally agree, he deserves a trophy.

I have been thinking lately of doing a revamp of the trophy list.

BMW at Grand valley hey, I see what you did there ;)

LEADERBOARD
Update

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 58

DIV 1
@fordlaser 56.175

DIV 2
@smoothbore12 56.456
@CozmicDragon 56.844
@bjl23 56.889
@Thematic 57.783

--------------

ROLLERCOASTER

@smoothbore12 1:42.927
@fordlaser 1:43.418
@bjl23 1:44.767
@Thematic 1:45.491
@CozmicDragon 1:45.695

---------------

CHIC
RACE 2

@RMan72 9:34.323
@CozmicDragon 9:53.534
@bjl23 9:58.357
@smoothbore12 10:23.974
@Thematic 10:31.329

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#30

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 3

@smoothbore12 54.897
@fordlaser 55.758
@RMan72

------------------

Last edited:
LEADERBOARD
Update

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 58

DIV 1
@fordlaser 56.327

DIV 2
@smoothbore12 56.456
@CozmicDragon 56.844
@bjl23 56.889
@Thematic 57.783

--------------

ROLLERCOASTER

@smoothbore12 1:42.927
@fordlaser 1:43.418
@bjl23 1:44.767
@Thematic 1:45.491
@CozmicDragon 1:45.695

---------------

CHIC
RACE 2

@RMan72 9:34.323
@CozmicDragon 9:53.534
@bjl23 9:58.357
@smoothbore12 10:23.974
@Thematic 10:31.329

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#30

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 3

@smoothbore12 54.897
@fordlaser 55.758
@RMan72

------------------
You have a typo for the No-Tune Challenge event because my time is here

Dont know if this will be good enough for second (handicapped ) place but on the pad am at my limit.
IMG_20200506_213818.jpg

Might try it again on Sunday ,till then none improvement will follow since ill check again the Senna Lotus on MT gears ........ !!!!!!l
I already see Bryce laughing :lol: and spelling : you did what ? :lol:

Sorry I have not posted any times since early in the week is because my PS3 freezes, it has been doing it all this week on/off. My PS3 does not get hot and I have the digital version, and I think is is just about dead. I will see about getting another one or not.

No laughing from me mate, as I'm sure you have something up your sleeve.

I have nothing mate and is not a shame to admit it .
Can't improve my place anyway and its for 2 reasons:
First ,the single seaters are quite different as about the way they steer.
Second is the necessity of MT gearing which am not familiar at all.

On the other hand i could try , perhaps is waisted time but what the faq ? Always there is a first time :rolleyes:

You don't have to use manual gears, I didn't :odd:
I love the way the Lotus handles around Monaco

Thats " good news" from one side ....
The other side is that probably am suck with it since i need time to find the proper steering sensitivity and do many ( more than many ) rounds around MC.

Will see what happens at the end , perhaps ill try it tomorrow .

lHAntRO.gif

ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 58

DIV 1
@fordlaser 56.175

DIV 2
@smoothbore12 56.456
@bjl23 56.674
@CozmicDragon 56.844
@Thematic 57.783

--------------