THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
NO-TUNE update
Got in a really good session this morning, i had some trouble with this track even thou it's basic.
I couldn't seem to find the right braking point into the chicane and I also had issues with finding the right line though the S bends.
Along with trying to find and maintain the correct speed though the last set of left hand turns.

I reckon 3/4 of my laps where red:crazy:

All in all I'm pretty happy with my time, but still couldn't catch @CozmicDragon :banghead:

IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0141.jpg

This was played with SRF on, TC at 2, ASM off, Active Steering off, and manual gears.
(For the love of Senna, if you are using automatic gears in this challenge, I pray for your sanity...)
I know exactly what you mean, I to never went down to the 1st gear and when the Turbo kicks in which always seems to be when you need to start braking.

@CozmicDragon you're full of surprises :bowdown:
There's no way to learn using MT gears ,even as a test run to get use the car track compo i never hit below 1.26 so definitely you're out of reach.
After all Senna's blood run in your veins and the lap times prove that since you run faster and faster each lap.
I admit that MT gearing might help a lot in some type of challenges ( especially at short ones like license test , Goodwood or even TT's ) but isn't in my favour and might use them only if i have to change very few times per lap or distance if is short as Goodwood for example.
Boss and Tinkerbell use MT also from what i know for sure .
Anyway ,hats and pants off this time :bowdown:
Your pace is blistering this round in general but at 3Crown you went way far for me and i guess not only .

The thing is, I created a secondary profile on my PS3 and started another playthrough of GT6 on it. The purpose? To learn how to use manual gears on a pad (and admittedly, to try and beat the game while buying as few cars as possible, but learning MT was priority). I can see it's definitely helping.

MT is a luxury i can't afford right now but definitely is option that gives you the possibility to conquer over the car when needed .
While am still using buttons for steering cause i use to it from old days of gt1-gt3 ( is where i stop) am where they say : can't teach old dog new tricks .
If in the future use a wheel might start using MT and judging from past wheel use i could go better - as almost everyone i think - in most cases.
I could say is a pity you can shoot a vid but the way you write is like seeing one ;)
Don't know what the outcome from 3 Crown will be but definitely you deserve a big applaud for your performance anyway.
:cheers:

CHIC update
@CozmicDragon you inspired me to have another go at this.
View attachment 916726
Fastest lap 1:24.353

TC 1, ACTIVE STEERING mild, ASM off, SRF on.
Manual gearbox, I've always used manual since GT1

tenor (8).gif

And after that a simple death is ok.

giphy (5).gif

IMG_20200502_203349.jpg

IMG_20200502_202216.jpg

No tune entry , not sure if i stay with this tyres compo .
In some areas full SH is faster in the fast bends are SH-CS but whatever i use till now can't find brake point before the last bends where the the red signal is on 9 times at ten

Last edited:
This is what a recording from my laptop camera looks like:

This is the 9:53.5 run on Triple Crown. Surprisingly, video quality wasn't that much of an issue, but the audio quality is pretty awful. I'd recommend muting this one.

You didn't move your arrow to the driving options icon.

:banghead::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
First i miss the inside pic of my second best due to accidentally restart and the next didn't even think to move the cursor to the right .

@CozmicDragon your vid looks great ( and the audio too) and is better than mine .
I try a bit yesterday on MT and you have right but i mess it up when downshifting and is impossible for me doing it for so many laps.
Also i can't get use the way it steers that thing which is way different from an ordinary car.
Much appreciated that you upload the vid mate .

Last edited:
ROLLERCOASTER

YET AGAIN THE GLADIATOR HAS SET US A TOUGH CHALLENGE

Just like all rollercoasters I've been on this challenge is very fun, took a little bit to get used to CS tyres and SRF off.
There where plenty of ups and downs just like my lap times where,
I especially love the down hill sections, after a few tuning adjustments
IMAG0155.jpg
IMAG0156.jpg
IMAG0152.jpg
IMAG0153.jpg
IMAG0154.jpg

I come up with this

ANNOUNCEMENT
I'm pleased to announce STROKE PLAY for the KNOCKOUTS.

Stroke play is a straight up fastest wins challenge that will run along side of the handicap event for the goodwood races, if we get 2 or more Div 1 races there will be PRO (Div 1) and AM (Div 2) titles given.
You will be automatically entered in both competitions once you post a time, if you are CUT from the handicap event you can still enter the STROKE PLAY event for the remaining holes (races).
A player that doesn't post a time will receive the gold time added to there name.

Post your times on the thread

Thank you for everyone's input and thanks to those who voted.

Last edited:
Glad that the players can still run even if they cut .
My records at Goodwood are just gold and is a good chance to improve them even if i cut.
Still we have to pm our times which is less motivation but is what it is.

images.jpeg

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 58

DIV 1
@fordlaser 56.327

DIV 2
@smoothbore12 56.585
@CozmicDragon 56.844
@bjl23 56.889
@Thematic 58.042

--------------

ROLLERCOASTER

@bjl23 1:44.767
@fordlaser 1:45.433
@CozmicDragon 1:45.695

---------------

CHIC
RACE 2

@RMan72 9:34.323
@CozmicDragon 9:53.534
@bjl23 9:58.357
@smoothbore12 10:23.974
@Thematic 10:31.329

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#30

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 3

@smoothbore12 55.030
@fordlaser 55.758
@RMan72

------------------

Last edited:
Good morning guys.
@bjl23 why did you keep the 622 and not the 585 at mine no tune ?
I put 2 pics the 622 was on sH -cs tyres and the 585 on full SH. :boggled:

Boogeyman holidays are over , he took the Lotus in 3 Crown into another level ,the level of insanity.
Have a cool and good week all my friends , health and safe .
Here we are starting phase 2 which means end of quarantine ( short of) and free movement in the same state.

Rollercoaster

1:45.491

I exchanged power for torque (294 bhp, 65 kgfm), because as the name tells us, there's fast and slow parts. I don't know what really works. No assists ie. everything above Controller Steering Sensitivity is off (just the usual).
If anybody prefers to have the same setup as I did:
(comfort soft tyres)
S u s p e n s i o n
height 140
spring rate 5.1 4.6
dampers c. 2 2
dampers e. 2 2
arb 4 4
camber 0 0
toe angle -0.02 0.26
brake b. 5 5

T r a n s m i s s i o n
Speed 240 km/h gives final drive 4.529

D r i v e t r a i n
differential gear initial torque 10 10
differential gear acceleration s. 20 40
differential gear braking s. 10 20
centre differential 25:75

P o w e r
power limiter 63 %
Added: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

B o d y
downforce 140 140

I made zero tweaks thus far. For the fastest part of the track I use sixth gear through the left. Thus far I've braked quite early for the following corner. Everywhere I shift up at 6000 or 6100 rpm, no earlier.

Attachments

• rollercstr_board.jpg
    rollercstr_board.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 6
  • rollercstr_result.jpg
    rollercstr_result.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 8
Since i had to move plenty of pics to free space at tab....
Since we post " open " Goodwood times.....
And since i had it from early last week.....
IMG_20200430_200950.jpg

I haven't played since but i will check it again at the end of the week.
Now i have the rollercoaster ( dont have high hopes anyway ) to honour Gladiator's choise so I've got to try my best.
As about 3 Crown ill live in the space of shame :lol: and hope time help me to forget it someday.
And of course Gonratulations to my mates that move way faster than me ,that includes also Boogeyman :bowdown: who became a bit " Day walker " lately :lol:

Edit couple hours after
Talking about rollercoaster

Last edited:
This is my Rollercoaster tune below without an oil change so far, and I will not post anymore times for this one because I hate this car on CS tires.

Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car
PP: 500
BHP: 302
WEIGHT: 1,000
WEIGHT DIST: 54 : 46
TIRE(S): Comfort Soft
SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 140/110
SPRINGS - 10.45/10.31
COMP - 1/1
EXT - 1/1
ARB - 5/4
CAMBER: 0.00/0.00
TOE: 0.01/-0.15
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 6/8

TRANS:
Change Final gear to 4.200 and Max Speed Min, 1st gear all the way left, 6th gear all the way right and space out all the other Gears, and then change the Final Gear to 3.000 for Automatic users.

LSD: Full Custom: Change to suit your driving style.
INITIAL - 5/5
ACCEL - 25/45
DECEL - 5/5
CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: 46 : 54
POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER- Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER: n/a TURBO - n/a
POWER LIMITER - 72.8%
WEIGHT REDUCTION- Standard
CARBON BONNET - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard
BALLAST WEIGHT: n/a BALLAST POSTION: n/a
DOWNFORCE - Front: 125 Rear: 200

Last edited:
This is my Rollercoaster tune below without an oil change so far, and I will not post anymore times for this one because I hate this car on CM tires.

Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car
PP: 500
BHP: 302
WEIGHT: 1,000
WEIGHT DIST: 54 : 46
TIRE(S): Comfort Soft
SUSPENSION: Full Custom
RIDE HEIGHT - 140/110
SPRINGS - 10.45/10.31
COMP - 1/1
EXT - 1/1
ARB - 5/4
CAMBER: 0.00/0.00
TOE: 0.01/-0.15
BRAKES: Racing
BRAKES - 6/8

TRANS:
Change Final gear to 4.200 and Max Speed Min, 1st gear all the way left, 6th gear all the way right and space out all the other Gears, and then change the Final Gear to 3.000 for Automatic users.

LSD: Full Custom: Change to suit your driving style.
INITIAL - 5/5
ACCEL - 25/45
DECEL - 5/5
CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate:Installed
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: 46 : 54
POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER- Standard