THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Walk like a Cat, Bite like a Jaguar!

Cape Ring Inside .jpg

Cape Ring is one of the more interesting tracks in GT6. Being mostly a fast track with a few slower sections, it's very fun to drive on. This challenge uses the Inner Loop, a short but very fast and fun variant of this track.

Turn 1: Starting from the main straight, we approach this corner at about 200 km/h, we brake down to about 80 km/h in second gear. Slow in, fast out seems to be the best approach to this corner. Getting a good line out of here is important to set up turns 2 and 3.

Turns 2 and 3: You don't need your brakes here. Let go of the throttle and glide the car through. Once you're down to about 115 km/h, get back on the power and floor it into Turn 3. Third gear should do fine here.

Turns 4 and 5: This is a tough section and you need to get a good run through here, or else you'll lose a lot of time in the long Turn 6. Ideally, you don't want to brake here. Let go of the throttle and just glide through turn 4, then get back on the power through Turn 5.

Turn 6: This is a very long corner, so your line out of turn 5 will make or break your run through Turn 6. Enter this corner flat out, but it will tighten up near the end, so once you get to about 189 km/h, let go of the accelerator and glide down to about 167 km/h, then get back on the power. The timing for this is very precise and if you're a fraction of a second too late, you'll probably understeer off the racing line and lose some time.

Turns 7 and 8: Coming out of Turn 6, accelerate down the straight ahead. Turns 7 and 8 are a right-left chicane, and the only part of the track other than Turn 1 where you actually need to brake. Once you reach about 224 km/h, brake hard to about 100 km/h. Attack the kerbs as aggressively as possible here to get the best line through, but be careful not to cut the chicane, or you'll lose both your current lap and your next lap, and that's no good.

Turns 9, 10 and 11: This last section is probably the hardest part of the track. Coming out of the turns 7-8 chicane is a triple-apex left hander. The first part, Turn 9, is flat-out, but on Turn 10 you'll need to lift off. Between 121 and 124 km/h is a good spot to get back on the power, but you probably won't be able to flat-out your way through Turn 11. Manage your throttle carefully through the final corner, then once you're into the main straight once more, floor it towards the finish line.

My best time after about an hour of laps was a 0:56.806, but I forgot to scroll to the Driving Settings icon on the second picture, which got me worried. So I did a second run and got a time that was just a few hundredths of a second off, and with a proper picture as well, so that should make this time believable. I'll post both runs below, anyway:

First Run:

upload_2020-4-27_10-35-18.png

upload_2020-4-27_10-35-29.png

Second Run:

upload_2020-4-27_10-35-51.png

(this was taken from the replay, but should suffice)

upload_2020-4-27_10-36-4.png

@smoothbore12 unlike the others in your class you just got hammered in a bad situation at the SkeagRacing School and other than that you did great:gtpflag:.

Thanks Master ,i know that i was looking for trouble and finally they meet me :lol:
Could have send something else but the truth is that bad situations may occur with or without your responsibility .
So i stay with it .

As for now ? Am fascinating how good is GT5 at SPA ........ I love the way it flows .

Quest for the Triple Crown, Part 2: Monaco Grand Prix

Côte d'Azur.jpg

"Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver."
Ayrton Senna da Silva

As a brazilian, and a motorsport fan, especially a Formula 1 fan, I've always admired Ayrton Senna. He was Brazil's greatest sports hero, in my opinion.

But after doing this challenge, I have a whole new admiration for him.

Part of me hoped you would pick the Formula Gran Turismo for this part of the challenge, but unfortunately (for me), you decided to go with GT6's only real F1 car: The Lotus 97T, a beautiful, black-and-gold monster from the golden age of F1, packing a Renault V6 turbo engine producing a massive 1,000 BHP! The truth is, I've always sucked at driving this thing and only did the Ayrton Senna time trials for the extra credits.

Fortunately, for me, the AI are actually even worse at driving this thing than I am, as they are far too cautious, and as a result, become little more than mobile chicanes in your way. On my run, I easily won the race by some 20 seconds, even though I was banging walls the whole way through.

I believe anyone using AT will have serious problems here. You don't want to use first gear if you can help it - Even with the massive turbo lag, exiting corners in second gear or higher tends to give you better acceleration. This was especially true on the main straight, as I found exiting Anthony Noghes in third gear gave me better acceleration down the straight, as you lose too much power shifting from second to third. If you can, using MT is pretty much a must if you want a fast time with this car.

In the end, only one run made it to the finish (because I kept crashing and had to restart a lot), resulting in a time of 10:07.341. It's probably trash, but at this point, I just want the trophy for winning all three races against the AI.

Now to wait for Le Mans in two weeks time.

upload_2020-4-27_17-12-41.png

Thanks Master ,i know that i was looking for trouble and finally they meet me :lol:
Could have send something else but the truth is that bad situations may occur with or without your responsibility .
So i stay with it .

As for now ? Am fascinating how good is GT5 at SPA ........ I love the way it flows .
Great post good buddy and yes they meet you:lol:

58./NO TUNE

58.042 (sic)

Not an hour in, probably coming back at least once. This track has a weird geometry and I feel like in this combo at least you need to do funny (read not funny) things in several corners to do well. It's perhaps useful to go a little wide exiting the second left because of the very cramped bend ahead, considering grip reduction is left low.

Attachments

• notn58_board.jpg
    notn58_board.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 10
  • notn58_result.jpg
    notn58_result.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
Hmmm not bad to give me one second :dopey: ,i usually don't say no to presents .
But right now is someone else who need it.

So from here
View attachment 915120

To there
View attachment 915121

PS
Needed approximately 0.840 if am right
My gold at this one was fractions under gold time at 59.900 plus ,so not bad i can say.
You surprised me somtimes my friend and perhaps I underestimated how good you are, giving you 1 second handicap my friend was wrong. You are not getting a 1 second handicap anymore, and I have to talk to @bjl23 about the .750 handicap which to me is a too bigger of a handicap to have, and it should a .200 handicap which seems right.

I am lodging a protest to Bryce and it will be on his desk tomorrow morning about giving you .200 of a handicap.

You surprised me somtimes my friend and perhaps I underestimated how good you are, giving you 1 second handicap my friend was wrong. You are not getting a 1 second handicap anymore, and I have to talk to @bjl23 about the .750 handicap which to me is a too bigger of a handicap to have, and it should a .200 handicap which seems right.

I am lodging a protest to Bryce and it will be on his desk tomorrow morning about giving you .200 of a handicap.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know ,its Bryce " hole" and Bryce handicap .
At least this time is not like KTM which goes all-over the place and the rear end didn't want to pass the front.

@CozmicDragon I've allowed your 56.844, but when you take this picture again
upload_2020-4-27_10-35-51.png

Can you please show all of the lap time.

Thanks.

:lol:
Last round @smoothbore12 had a .700 handicap over you and you beat him by .200 ish , and this race it's only .750

so protest denied.

Last edited:
Bryce has to come up with an lot better way for Handicaps, because there is noway in the world myself or @RMan72 can win this hole 3 with a .750 of an handicap. A .750 is silly and if it does not change to no handicaps, it is not worth trying to do your best at these Goodwood events anymore.

Handicaps are good if you do these Goodwood events just once, and you just post one time and that all you have to do. Handicaps do not work when you do these Goodwood events over an over, and it just make no sense what so ever to have them.
So if you want these Goowood events to continue, you must have no handicaps.

Bryce has to come up with an lot better way for Handicaps, because there is noway in the world myself or @RMan72 can win this hole 3 with a .750 of an handicap. A .750 is silly and if it does not change to no handicaps, it is not worth trying to do your best at these Goodwood events anymore.

Handicaps are good if you do these Goodwood events just once, and you just post one time and that all you have to do. Handicaps do not work when you do these Goodwood events over an over, and it just make no sense what so ever to have them.
So if you want these Goowood events to continue, you must have no handicaps.
If we have no handicaps you or @RMan72 will win every race and that's not fair for the other players, the only reason your saying this is because @smoothbore12 is beating you, and the reason for that is, is because he has played the system well by only just doing enough to get to the next round and minimizing his time penalty, Which is what everyone should do
(play cat and mouse).
You my have a big time penalty at the moment but everyone else will catch up.

I'll put a poll up about this.

Good morning guys everywhere.
First of all you know that am joking ( a lot sometimes) don't you? Of course you know that.:lol:

As about Goodwood ,Bryce was trying to bring all the gang together since were not enough to have a full 2 different divisions .
The reason for that is to be able someone not so good " driver" to be able to win ,a thing that happened few times in the past.
There's not a gold formula to do that and after all we have to consider that everyone can have a good ride or fast ride depending on car - track compo and driving style that everyone has.
Am not that good ,it just happens to suit this time .
@Thematic for example always kick our a.s.s. in such type of challenges but only the last time won his first no tune challenge in div2.

On the other hand looking at the first post of this page on top ,is quite different with the last above .
After all we are not surrender our soul to the evil , We're here to have fun ,made some jokes one another and have good time.
Just happens this time to get " lucky " and efficient that's all .
What pleases me the most is not to win with a handicap ,but that i can " follow" sometimes the best here.
And that " sometimes" is enough for me.
By the way at 3 crown i ll suck at it cause the behaviour of the car which is way out of my style and need surgery moves in order to steer right.
But is what it is and is just crazy for me to run without full aero to a track like Monaco.
Ill try what i can at least not to bang everywhere in the track at 7 lap distance and thats all.
Am way far from what Snow White bring as a result .....over 20sec.:lol:

Edit
@bjl23 it wasn't a short of a plan ,just occurs that way cause i knew that i could bring better time with KTM and just try at the end of the round and happens.
Just wanted to keep up with Goodwood if i can to improve and my lazy records also.

Last edited:
If we have no handicaps you or @RMan72 will win every race and that's not fair for the other players, the only reason your saying this is because @smoothbore12 is beating you, and the reason for that is, is because he has played the system well by only just doing enough to get to the next round and minimizing his time penalty, Which is what everyone should do
(play cat and mouse).
You my have a big time penalty at the moment but everyone else will catch up.

I'll put a poll up about this.
I don't care if @smoothbore12 is beating me but to me it is an unfair time penalty, and you talk about the next round and minimizing his time penalty, it does not make you try hard at this Goodwood event does it.
To play cat and mouse does not bring the best out of you.

I don't care if @smoothbore12 is beating me but to me it is an unfair time penalty, and you talk about the next round and minimizing his time penalty, it does not make you try hard at this Goodwood event does it.

To make my self clear ,it wasn't a cat of mouse and if we all have played this one i think that we all be close enough cause of the car which wasn't that difficult as KTM.
Personally i always try my best as i did with a fully loaded Audi in last championship without considering benefits or whatever .
And in the past when Bryce put on me almost one minute in a rain race and was close to big boys here i just :bowdown: to him even if still i can't swallow it :lol:
Relax and stay cool is not the same everyday and surprises do exist for everyone.
Have a nice day to all got to go to work guys.

@RMan72 had some similar concerns about people may sandbag, which told him I don't think people will sandbag here at the hub.

Let me ask you this, do you think it's fair if I make events that only 1 or 2 people have a chance of winning?

NO-TUNE: First try :), a good pick of car Bryce 👍. Why I was just about to stop on the side of the track below, is because some people in the crowd wanted an autograph from me :).
View attachment 915639
View attachment 915640
@lfm58 picked the car, also you need to move the arrow (in your bottom picture) over to the driving options icon so we know you used the courtesy car.

Triple Crown II
999 bhp :embarrassed:
The first race went wrong on lap six, got stuck because leaving the bump chicane too aggressively, went from 1st to 4th but I did finish (ahead). Then a couple of restarts and 10:31.329.
From 1:31.333, 1:31.933, 1:30.350, 1:30.378, 1:29.283, 1:29.014, 1:29.028 (or so, add 10 ms to get the total).

Attachments

• triplec2_result.jpg
    triplec2_result.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 6
Back