THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
I think you just won this one. The window of opportunity to even get to first place is very narrow, since it's only really possible to overtake for the win on the very last corner of the last lap, and even if you can get to first place, the car behind will be on your tail all the way to the finish line.
It's not a matter of if I can win or not - I can definitely get first, I just don't think getting a bigger gap to the car behind is actually possible.

Hi guys, sorry for not checking in. I'll be honest as usual. I have a lot of work to do, I'm alao working out all the time, I was also out all the time because it was sunny and hot. Also I have some new girl (she's 20 lol) and I'm beyond exhausted, if I didn't get tan I'd look like zombie. My only chance to maybe play this round is saturday or sunday.
Hope you all are doing well guys :cheers:

Also if I'll manage to do some races, Ill only do GW and Noel's school becaue don't think I will have time for rest of it.

SNIPER'S RIFLE
This challenge in 1 word, block
IMAG0120.jpg

Just finished filming my run for SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL :scared:

SNIPER'S RIFLE
This challenge in 1 word, block
View attachment 913083

Just finished filming my run for SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL :scared:
This challenge is about luck and how the field are about to run ,fast ,slow or medium.
He reminds me a lot the NSX we race on locked tune there.
Normally a clean race should be close to what @Thematic brought as a result.
There is no way to pass them free of contact almost everywhere and if you do definitely in most cases they will pass you again.
The very first time i race this was at 8th place if i remember well and after a while i try to copy these old NSX challenge runs where i was ...... Everywhere , in, out, up ,down and the car frame needed desperately restoration :lol:
I like running underpowered cars with good grip that helps to prevail over the competition but not only if you pass over their frame :boggled:.
Noel's school is also an underpower car but is totally different.

iA International A: GT World Championship: Spa-Francorchamps. Total time 11:41.640. Fast lap 2:18..404. Pass for the win on lap 5 at the Kemmel Straight over the Pescarolo Courage C60. Wining margin 00.664.

Looks very interesting since a well tuned GT Ford has the potential to surpass the gt monsters even on SS like you use.
Also has excellent top speed .
We will wait to see if GT5 is the one or if you pick something else, Spa anyway is a good track that favours the brave ones.

Last edited:
Looks very interesting since a well tuned GT Ford has the potential to surpass the gt monsters even on SS like you use.
Also has excellent top speed .
We will wait to see if GT5 is the one or if you pick something else, Spa anyway is a good track that favours the brave ones.
This will be the car for the Spa race. You will need to put a wing on the back of the GT 5 to keep the rear tires on the track. It will also help with the understeering. Set the wing to top setting. I will post my settings on the HUB. Right now.

This will be the car for the Spa race. You will need to put a wing on the back of the GT 5 to keep the rear tires on the track. It will also help with the understeering. Set the wing to top setting. I will post my settings on the HUB. Right now.
Actually when i try it today, the small amount of oversteering that occurs to GT 5 proved more helpful than a steady rear end .
The car doesn't suffer from " snap oversteering " which becames deadly as it happens suddenly and without warning .
Am fan of planted front end and a " loose " rear end with a small amount of oversteering which helps the car to have a " faster" turn input .
Of course that means quite short tyre life but a sweet sliding without the fear of losing control during acceleration ,is always welcome from me and i can't hide it.
I feel quite confident when i can trust my rear end that he won't kick me out even under pressure and a sweet 4 tyre sliding is always welcome from me .
One older school ( not so old anyway) with the Cadillac again at Spa proved a headache due to snap oversteering under acceleration even on straight line.
The settings i try was almost stock suspension .
From memory was 100 -90 ride height , 6.00 at front springs , i leave rear springs stock and stock dampers all the way.
Anti roll 3-2 ,camber zero and toe -10 and 0.
Also i put few kilos in front ( 25 i think ) at -50 .
Anyway i just made some laps ,but am quite pleased from GT5 behaviour so far over the demanding Spa .
Looking forward for the new lesson ,might not be a winner but definitely i will enjoy it .

LEADERBOARD
Update

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 57

DIV 1
@fordlaser 5:34.806

DIV 2
@Thematic 5:35.197
@smoothbore12 5:36.761
@CozmicDragon 5:43.077
@bjl23 5:45.637

--------------

SNIPER'S RIFLE

@smoothbore12 P1 - .081
@CozmicDragon P2
@fordlaser P3
@bjl23 P3
@Thematic P14

---------------

CHIC
RACE 1

@Thematic 8:11.957
@smoothbore12 8:12.222
@CozmicDragon 8:14.949
@bjl23 8:16.864

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#29

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 1

@RMan72 48.314
@fordlaser 48.391
@CozmicDragon 0:48.749
CUT _____________________ LINE
@smoothbore12 48.874
@nostradavor2

------------------

So I might do Laguna with the Boss, but as a new guy what are the rules on oil changes, mods, car wash, tunes, mods, circuit illegal shortcuts, AI collisions, etc etc etc...?
That particular challenge isn't open until next week, but there are no restrictions on oil change, mods, tunes and driving aids. No illegal shortcuts or AI and wall contact, treat it as you are racing in real life.

Check at post #2, all the details are there. Even try this rounds challenge.

Once you have done the race you need to film it and send it to @skeagracing .

That particular challenge isn't open until next week, but there are no restrictions on oil change, mods, tunes and driving aids. No illegal shortcuts or AI and wall contact, treat it as you are racing in real life.

Check at post #2, all the details are there. Even try this rounds challenge.

Once you have done the race you need to film it and send it to @skeagracing .
If and when I send video of the race, do mean send it on here or via PM ?.

Last edited:
lHAntRO.gif

ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 57

DIV 1

DIV 2

--------------

SNIPER'S RIFLE

@smoothbore12 P1 - .081
@CozmicDragon P2
@fordlaser P3
@bjl23 P3
@Thematic P14

---------------

CHIC
RACE 1

@Thematic 8:11.957
@smoothbore12 8:12.222
@CozmicDragon 8:14.949
@bjl23 8:16.864

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
CLASS#29

please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
COURSE 1, HOLE 1

@RMan72 48.314
@fordlaser 48.391
@CozmicDragon 0:48.749
CUT _____________________ LINE
@smoothbore12 48.874
@nostradavor2

------------------

Long time no see but the abstention from Goodwood do me good since after the third successful time that finish the run i did a dead 49 and was matter of ( short as it's proved) time to go lower.
So ....
IMG_20200426_205933.jpg

I have also a better time for Sniper's rifle but since doesn't count and is only the margin in tie won't bother to upload it.
Working today but i find time for Goodwood and a test at SPA if Noel decite to use it in a future lesson .
I already send the upcoming one yesterday .

tenor.gif

1587947166243.jpg

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
ROUND 57

DIV 1

DIV 2

--------------