The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
Amazon.com has a buy 2 get one free sale right now and I believe Skyrim is included. Free 2 day shipping as well.
Dang I wish I would have known that about 2 days ago. I just purchased Saints Row 3, Halo CE, and will be buying Skyrim tomorrow. :ouch:
I have never purchased anything from Amazon yet but I keep hearing great things about that site.

Has anyone killed a dragon, searched it and it was only called "dragon" and later the body had a name? I killed one near the watchtower again and when I came out of Whiterun later the game spawned the carcass right ouside the Whiterun gate. I think its following me. :lol:

Put another hour into the game today and I'm just completely astonished by the entire quality of the game. The theme, the music, the scenery, the entire feeling of the game. I often find myself just standing around enjoying the music for a second whilst taking a look at the beautiful surroundings around Whiterun.

:drool:

Picked up a quest to retrieve a dragon tablet, but my guess is that it's there I'll meet my first dragon, so I'm currently doing side quests to advance in my level first. I'm only halfway to level 3 so I'd probably get spanked by a dragon. Going for the bounty quest I picked up in Riverwood first to see what wood I'm cut out of.

I highly suggst doing the "dragon" missions. Even though its early in the game, the game just gets more awesome after those missions. You will see. And dont worry the very first dragon is quite easy to beat. Just save often and remember, you can lower or raise the difficulty any time you want.

Just killed my first giant, mind you I nearly died twice! Was on my way to Riften when I got attacked by a couple of wolves... then my horse ran off somewhere and I saw a giant lumbering its way to me O_o

Ended up having to use like ten minor healing potions, a handful of magicka potions and some stamina draughts just to keep far enough ahead of him to fill his face with flame and fire staff. Twice he brought me down to 5hp or so, so I was very fortunate to make it out of the fight alive.

Oh, and I found my horse chillaxing by the nearby river :lol:

Which systems are you guys playing on?
I would like to hear from the ones playing on PS3 if anyone already ran into the notorious framerate drop issue.

Fryto
Which systems are you guys playing on?
I would like to hear from the ones playing on PS3 if anyone already ran into the notorious framerate drop issue.

Some issues with mine on ps3 with framerate. Only now and again but I'm still living the game.

It's so good. I can't believe I'm sitting in a bloody Starbucks whilst my car gets fixed. I need to be playing skyrim.

I started out from first level again as I forgot to do any training before level 7.

Training in destruction and restoration only has got me to 30 on both skills by level 5, giving me half price apprentice healing and fie/ice/electric attacks.

Hooray for the weekend, I won't be sleeping much.

I just wish someone would release a proper UI mod for the PC. This console malarchy is by far the worst part of the game. Shame on you lazy Bethesda betraying your roots.

With this and uncharted 3, GT5 hasn't got a hope at the moment, which is a real shame considering I just completed by hardware setup.

My save file is now approaching 9MB and I am only having frame rate issues in Whiterun and in the birch forest on the way to Riften.

Skyrim is something else entirely. I haven't stopped playing it since I picked it up - bad thing is now I have lost all my login bonuses on GT5!

I just discovered I'm putting perk points in the wrong side of the smithing tree being a heavy armor carrier :lol:

Oh well, guess it at least requires less points going for the dragonplate armor then I guess.

I just discovered I'm putting perk points in the wrong side of the smithing tree being a heavy armor carrier :lol:

Oh well, guess it at least requires less points going for the dragonplate armor then I guess.
In the end, once you get to the perk on each tree for making your armour weight nothing, it makes no difference anyway. Heavy Armour is better, no question, due to this. Unless you want faster stamina regen and a 10% chance to avoid an attack.

Overall, this is one of the best offline game I've ever played. Very well thought out story for the main and side quests. Some nice little twists too.

Level 46 so far, got my Daedric Armour. I admit I had to look up where to find the Daedra Hearts to make the pieces (you found them everywhere in Oblivion...), but it was worth it in the end.

Smithing is easy to level to 100. Enchanting not so much so... I only got there yesterday.

Oh, I play on PC by the way.

Sunset in the marsh/bog/swamp/whatever. :D
AAE850B2635D093009C870D2241D2AA50C9A095B

I still haven't done any main quest after the first two or so, just wandering around exploring and doing side quests. At level 16 now.

I still haven't done any main quest after the first two or so, just wandering around exploring and doing side quests. At level 16 now.

I have the same issue. I just enjoying traveling and discovering towns and places. I've only done a handful of main quest. It's really amazing how much there is to do in this games.

So has anyone one of you gotten married yet? I hear it has it's perks. If you own a house your partner sometimes sets up shop and you get a steady income. I'm thinking of trying this as the prospect of more cash is always good.

Last edited:
So has anyone one of you gotten married yet? I hear it has it's perks. If you own a house your partner sometimes sets up shop and you get a steady income. I'm thinking of trying this as the prospect of more cash is always good.

I just started the Imperial Legion quest line, it's just mind boggling how much there is to do in this game.

I just gave the marriage thing ago cause its not enough that I be bossed around in real life. Turns out Camilla is pretty subservient and makes me dinners and gives me profit from the business she runs. Little does she know the Dark Elf she married is a jerk that killed her brother just so I could loot his shop. Dragons are starting to turn up constantly now. Killed about 6 of them. I specialized in archery so they go down pretty quickly. This game is too addictive.

PS3,XBOX 360, or PC.........what should I get it on.

I know PC would look the best, but I hate to turn the computer on for a few hours just to turn it back off. My gaming tower, I only use it for IRACING and maybe this game.

This PS3 save game size glitch sucks. I was going fine until I decided to do the first dragon mission; now my save file is growing rapidly. I'm sure it would be better if some of these dead bodies (dragons especially) would just disappear quickly.

Other than that, this game is by far the greatest thing I've ever played.

PC will get mods and there were some great ones for oblivion from what I heard, I do like laying back on the couch playing this one though so the console is nice too. Now hows that for riding the fence? Haha.

:scared: Certainly some challenging enemies.

Just met a lovely fellow called Otar the Mad. Turns out I'm way too underpowered to be taking on a Dragon Priest. I might need to invest some time into more magic related skills. I managed to run past him, grab the shout info off the wall. The only way to I could get back past him again was to use the whirlwind shout and to keep running. Just managed to escape somehow but I don't think I'll be back to take him on until I've made some significant advancements in my players skills.

Just some information for you, the Smithing perk tree doesn't go around in a circle. You can get to Dragon (Which is the best armour) from the light armour side after Glass but if you want the best weapons too you need Daedra. To get that perk you have to go through Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony etc. You can't get to Dragon and then go back down the other side :P

EDIT:

Still hating the User Interface. After 40 hours of gameplay it's my only major gripe. I got used to the controls in the shop, where the 'E' key sells items. So, I assume it would be the same button to desposit an item right? Wrong. When despositing items into a container the E key actually uses or equips the item, the 'R' key desposits the item. I learnt this the hard way when I started eating all my potion ingredients that I was putting into a chest in my house. I was not too happy.

On the other side of things, when taking an item from a container it is swapped around. Now the E key withdraws the item like it should, and the R key withdraws all items. When I've just withdrawn 200 items from a container because the key bindings aren't consistent, it makes me rage.

Take a look at this for more information:

CahCf.jpg

Now here is what it should look like (Not sure if this is a mod or just a created image):

4NgHv.jpg

I guess the bad UI and the inconsistent key bindings are something you get used to, but so is Diabetes.

Last edited:
Anyone done the Sanguine's Rose quest yet for the rare staff? It'san easy quest line but the bit that got me worrying was the bit where you need to get the goat back from the giant. Anyone done this part yet? I'm halfway to level 10, was wondering what level one needs to be to defeat a giant.

Also, as soon as I get back to my PS3 and I'm going to Markarth ASAP and get that rare mace!

Anyone done the Sanguine's Rose quest yet for the rare staff? It'san easy quest line but the bit that got me worrying was the bit where you need to get the goat back from the giant. Anyone done this part yet? I'm halfway to level 10, was wondering what level one needs to be to defeat a giant.

Also, as soon as I get back to my PS3 and I'm going to Markarth ASAP and get that rare mace!

I did it, I defeated the giant, first attempt. Just kept running around backwards in circles using fire destruction spell on him (plus topping up Magicka with potions), he was never able to hit me.

Take some spells with you, you should be fine. Although I do understand there is otherways of get through that part of the quest without killing the giant.

Depending on specs of course, but I would get it for PC.

I built my pc to run BATTLEFIELD 3 (and has power to spare). The one thing that keeps pushing me away from PC is the controls, also I don't have a desk to put the keyboard on.

A member here posted a link to a keyboard and mouse pad that lays on your lap. I'm still thinking about buying it but I'm not sure it would work with the chair I sit in.

Thanks for the replies

If you want to play it with a gamepad then why don't you? Even the PC version is made with the XBOX 360 pad in mind, even though i'd still argue the mouse and keyboard is a superior control method.

This PS3 save game size glitch sucks. I was going fine until I decided to do the first dragon mission; now my save file is growing rapidly. I'm sure it would be better if some of these dead bodies (dragons especially) would just disappear quickly.

Other than that, this game is by far the greatest thing I've ever played.

Can you just delete old saves? I was gonna say that dead bodies shouldn't take much space, but then again, its not just an X,Y,Z (+rotation) coordinate for the body to lay, its the position of every joint of the model, which items it is holding/wearing, and maybe blood.

If you want to play it with a gamepad then why don't you? Even the PC version is made with the XBOX 360 pad in mind, even though i'd still argue the mouse and keyboard is a superior control method.

how hard is it to configure the xbox (wired) controller to the PC?

I just bought the game for xbox 360, but I'll trade it back in for PC version if the xbox controller works good on pc.

Just watched a dragon take on a mammoth. The mammoth won the fight. I just strolled up after the event to collect on the dragon soul. :lol:

Back