The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
Quite indeed. The story will... surprise you.

I just finished the brotherhood and honestly I'd pegged it pretty early on, the characters were easy to judge pretty quickly to me which resulted in a more predictable story than the thieves guild. Not that either were bad, but you could quite easily see the twists coming in both lines and from whom. Spoilers on both factions following.

The Nightingales and interacting with Nocturnal was perhaps the only thing which was thrown up that I didn't expect would go as far as it did. Karliah was also a very likeable character and you got to know her well whereas the Brotherhood lacked any real interaction with most of the entire faction although they had their stories to tell you never went anywhere with them.

Cicero offered the most interesting part of the Brotherhood in that the maniac was incredibly annoying but also was just trying to keep old traditions which were being disrespected and ignored, I opted to save the annoying fool for this reason and it didn't work out badly. It's a shame that he was the only member you really saw outside of the Sanctuary, it's nice to not just be a pawn sent out to do this and that all the time something which the Guild line got right.

Last edited:
Will be starting the Dark Brotherhood quest line next. Just done the main story up to Alduins wall, now for a change.

I can't play this game correctly now. It's freezing way too much, now it decides to freeze just a few seconds when everything loads :mad:

I haven't had a freeze up in some time but the lag is taking over. Save file is around 8.5 MB.

Technicolors
I can't play this game correctly now. It's freezing way too much, now it decides to freeze just a few seconds when everything loads :mad:

poolhaas
I haven't had a freeze up in some time but the lag is taking over. Save file is around 8.5 MB.

Is there any word on a fix for this yet? I thought they apologized and said they were working on it.

I'm having no issues at the moment, no freezes for ages now and no lag either. Have a save file around 10mb and at level 54.

Mine is 12 mb and I do get little lags, but that profile is in the past:dopey:... On the PC version now, and havnt heard them say anything about fixing it :ouch:.

Still only having problems in an extended session for me, easy to fix as turning the console off and on (I take a 10 minute break though for my eyes sake). 9060kb filesize on PS3.

I've been at a friends the past few days and it's incredible the different things you manage to do even though we're both over 80 hours playtime total and yet we've done so many different things.

I tried it the 2nd or 3rd time, and it still freezes a couple of seconds after when everything first loads.

Is that happening on new game as well or just your main save? If it's not on new I hope you have a slightly older save of your main one, I keep a cycle of 3-4 playing leapfrog with each other incase something does go wrong.

Is that happening on new game as well or just your main save? If it's not on new I hope you have a slightly older save of your main one, I keep a cycle of 3-4 playing leapfrog with each other incase something does go wrong.

I do have a lot of saves to make sure if my recent ones corrupt for some awkward reason. Maybe I'll do that later in today and try again.

And it is happening for my main save.

Found something very interresting last night that allows the Riverwood trader to carry 10,000 gold!!!

Lucan Valerius is the shop owner in Riverwood. A friend of mine said he had this happen to him so I decided to try it out. And it worked!!!

1. Marry Camilla Valerius (his sister)

2. Move her into one of your houses. (this might not be necessary)

3. Get your speech perk high enough to invest 500 gold into her

4. Now go back to Riverwood and Lucan should have 10,000 gold on him every 2 or 3 days!!!

Found something very interresting last night that allows the Riverwood trader to carry 10,000 gold!!!

Lucan Valerius is the shop owner in Riverwood. A friend of mine said he had this happen to him so I decided to try it out. And it worked!!!

1. Marry Camilla Valerius (his sister)

2. Move her into one of your houses. (this might not be necessary)

3. Get your speech perk high enough to invest 500 gold into her

4. Now go back to Riverwood and Lucan should have 10,000 gold on him every 2 or 3 days!!!

I can confirm this, I got a shock when I saw the Rivierwood trader has $10,700 and it replenishes.

Can you guys help me with something? I have the amulet of Mara and I get no options to marry anyone, am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Can you guys help me with something? I have the amulet of Mara and I get no options to marry anyone, am I missing something blindingly obvious?
You have to equip the amulet and then talk to the person you want to marry. They will have a unique speech option at this point. Doesn't work with everyone, there are only certain people you can marry in game.

So is it because I haven't discussed marriage with Maramal?

Thanks for your help 👍 I thought it was yet another Skyrim fail.

Jay
I can confirm this, I got a shock when I saw the Rivierwood trader has $10,700 and it replenishes.

I can confirm that if you simply invest 500 gold into Lucan Valerius' General Store, he will have the 10,700 gold to barter with. It is probably a glitch. In other words, you do not have to marry and invest in his sister in order for this to occur.

I'm already married to Camilla, will have to try this out. Have around 80,000 already, but when I get the trophy, I can then buy up the houses etc...

I tried removing my older Hard Saves. So far it made some difference. Now it doesn't freeze so early in the game, but it still freezes at certain points e.g. Waiting, making stuff with lag, etc.

Also killed my 5th Dragon Priest Rahgot :) The staff he carries will serve great use to me, as it deals quite some damage under a long charge. His mask is a bit useless to me though, as I already sprint long enough.

Back