The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
Yeah when I first started playing I was ready to say Bethesda finally got it right but once you get many hours into the game it's clear they still cannot build a game of this sort that doesn't have many horrible issues...

Why would you not have done any updates, I'd rather kill myself than play an un-patched Bethsoft game :odd:

I havent had too many problems. Once in a long while the game will crash, but it doesnt happen often and it never affected my saves

I've had this one song keep playing throughout my explorations, it's the same song that plays at the very beginning of the game where you're taken prisoner and the opening credits start. It's a beautiful piece, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew which one it is?

I've had this one song keep playing throughout my explorations, it's the same song that plays at the very beginning of the game where you're taken prisoner and the opening credits start. It's a beautiful piece, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew which one it is?

I think it might be this one:

or this one:

Finished the Thieves Guild questline yesterday.So far this one is my favorite.

Going to be doing the Dark Brotherhood tonight.I heard that one is really good.

So my friend mentioned encountering a wisp mother (he's a much lower level than I and said it was enormously difficulty to kill). I'm level 58 and have yet to encounter them though I've gotten wisp wrappings a few times. Anyone have info on them? I wonder if it's a glitch that I have yet to see one.

So my friend mentioned encountering a wisp mother (he's a much lower level than I and said it was enormously difficulty to kill). I'm level 58 and have yet to encounter them though I've gotten wisp wrappings a few times. Anyone have info on them? I wonder if it's a glitch that I have yet to see one.

This is from the Elder Scrolls Wiki:

"Wispmothers are creatures found in the mountain regions of Skyrim. The Wispmother will summon three to four smaller Wisps or Shades to attack while she casts a volley of frost spells (capable of shattering Steadfast Ward) and places Frost Runes. The Wispmother stays on the move to avoid magical attacks. The smaller Wisps will follow the player, regardless of distance, and drain the player's health.

Players may see Wisps floating in the wild which will remain neutral. If the player approaches the Wisp, it will move away and eventually lead to a Wispmother."

I first came across one on my way to Pinepeak Cavern at level 51. It was a harder fight than most I've had recently.

Downloading the High Resolution Texture Pack as we speak. ~3.1GB. Looking forward to giving it a go. :)

I think I'm done :| <shiver>

100% achievements
Level 81
All skills at 100
Health 574
Stamina 374
Magicka 300
Armour Class 1015
Conjuration cost reduction 87%
Destruction cost reduction 100%
Lock pick 48%
Res disease 148%
Res magic 80%
Swords 634 damage

2012-02-07_00002.jpg

Now I just need to start and finish the latest assassin's creed and I can get back to some gt for the first time since November. Assuming no skyrim dlc turns up.

Does anybody know how long Sony's patch certification takes? I'm dying to get back into Skyrim but I'm waiting for patch 1.4 - it was delivered to Sony last week (Friday possibly) and I can't work out what day it's likely to go live.

I imagine Sony will want the patch out ASAP, so I would expect it v. soon.

With regards to the HD texture pack...

OMG

I can't believe they've done this to me. 240 hours in, everything done and they've gone and made the game look twice as good.

I cannot believe how much better it looks at 2560x1440. Shocking. Must resist the temptation to start a new character (probably won't)

Yeah, the difference is pretty amazing. I thought it looked good already, but now it's absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous. (Playing at 1920x1080) :D

That texture hd makes the big of a difference? Do i have to download the patches to be abke to download the high def texture? I just got out of class and headed home to play skyrim and maybe download the patches and high def texture

Does anybody know how long Sony's patch certification takes? I'm dying to get back into Skyrim but I'm waiting for patch 1.4 - it was delivered to Sony last week (Friday possibly) and I can't work out what day it's likely to go live.

Out on 360

'Bethesda is still awaiting word from Sony regarding the PS3 patch. It will hopefully go live today as well.'

That texture hd makes the big of a difference? Do i have to download the patches to be abke to download the high def texture? I just got out of class and headed home to play skyrim and maybe download the patches and high def texture

Yes and probably, yes

In relation to my last post I finally fought a wisp mother during the staff of magnus quest, wasn't too hard but that could be because I killed it so fast.

Get your alchemy up to 100 and you can create potions which add over 150% to improving weapons :)

You can, but I would be hesitant to completely max out weapons and gear. I did up to about 115%+ with some enchanted armour and it is just ridiculous when you are 1 shotting dragons and whatnot and the challenge in the game is completely removed. I deliberately recrafted armour with different enchantments to reduce bow damage from over 500 to almost half that and bring up melee weapons which I had low skill in so I could enjoy a new playstyle without a new game. Similarly I made some magic armour so I could be a destruction mage for a while to.

It's all to easy to make this game ridiculously easy, use alchemy and enchantment combinations wisely to not spoil the experience. The best use of the alchemy and enchantments is to overpower the best looking gear to you and allow you to use those weapons/armour for the rest of the game. I use full elven gear, armour, bow, warhammer, swords, arrows, the works but it's all powered up to a point where no more damage is ever neccessary.

You can, but I would be hesitant to completely max out weapons and gear. I did up to about 115%+ with some enchanted armour and it is just ridiculous when you are 1 shotting dragons and whatnot and the challenge in the game is completely removed. I deliberately recrafted armour with different enchantments to reduce bow damage from over 500 to almost half that and bring up melee weapons which I had low skill in so I could enjoy a new playstyle without a new game. Similarly I made some magic armour so I could be a destruction mage for a while to.

It's all to easy to make this game ridiculously easy, use alchemy and enchantment combinations wisely to not spoil the experience. The best use of the alchemy and enchantments is to overpower the best looking gear to you and allow you to use those weapons/armour for the rest of the game. I use full elven gear, armour, bow, warhammer, swords, arrows, the works but it's all powered up to a point where no more damage is ever neccessary.

Yeah, I didn't use a potion for smithing or enchanting until I was about level 75.

I just like the fact, that by that level I can wear one suit of armour and be godlike, with free destruction and conjurations spells, 500+ points damage, max AC, magic res and disease res.

I see one hitting dragons as a reward for my previous 240 hours endeavour. :)

I just play the game without paying attention to optimising stats at all. Got myself all regularly smithed weapons and apparel with the odd enchantment for a couple of extra points. I think my AC is about 200 or something like that and my bow does around 100 damage. :lol:

Some funny bugs came out of that new patch. I kept jumping on top of a basket and somehow fell through the ground, and when I moved into a Forsworn camp, they all started attacking my horse, but left me and my companion alone. The funniest moment came when one of the Forsworn finished killing my horse, came over to me and asked how my day was, then proceeded to fall into a river :lol:

Back