The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- 11/11/11! -- It's out!

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 1,282 comments
I've not touched the main quest in at least a month.

Master is quite impressive, Drag. I'm on Apprentice and sometimes drop it down. Though I don't really plan attacks most of the time and I'm really more interested in the story than anything else.

The problem with Master until you can overboost your gear is that it takes so long to kill things it becomes tedious, but I found myself never dying on default difficulty with my sneaky style and a fairly decent bow particularly once I had a big arrow collection, 3x sneak attack bonus and so on. It was still satisfying to complete an entire area undetected, but once I became detected I didn't feel vulnerable so once I could overboost my gear I did and bumped the difficulty up. Now I can sneak through an entire dungeon undetected but if caught off guard enemies can hurt me, particularly Elder Dragons & Co. who can easily kill me if I get caught in open ground so I keep a potion stash just for them.

This game is a black hole for time. I love it though. Trying to avoid doing the brotherhood quest for now. I haven't even unlocked it yet

I am going to learn from my past mistakes with Bethesda DLC. I am going to wait a few days to make sure its working properly. Too many times they have released day 1 issues with their DLC. I love Skyrim and want this DLC bad, but I will wait. Plus the DLC for ME3 comes out today too so that will hold me over until the weekend.

Any feedback on the DLC yet? Bugs?

I like dawnguard so far. The only problem I have run into so far is the entrance to Dawnguard can disappear sometimes and you have to go back to The Dashboard and start Skyrim again.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a bug/glitch. I could just be walking around doing whatever and then I would just be teleported to a great lift I used to exit blackreach. The game would do it without me putting in any commands. I read that ps3 users also have the same experience. Does anyone else have to deal with this and if you fixed it, how did you do it?

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a bug/glitch. I could just be walking around doing whatever and then I would just be teleported to a great lift I used to exit blackreach. The game would do it without me putting in any commands. I read that ps3 users also have the same experience. Does anyone else have to deal with this and if you fixed it, how did you do it?

You're using PC or XBOX 360?

I'm using PC. It feels a lot of bugs came with 1.6.

?? never ran into that problem (I'm also on PC), I only had the problem where it would freeze once in a blue moon and Urag keeps saying the same damn thing (still scratching my head on how to get around that one).

You couldn't find anything on the internet?

Dig up time, some of you may be aware of Olaf on Youtube and the Rags to Riches series where Olaf is a basic citizen looking to make his way to the top without questing and generally living a normal life of farming, hunting and other jobs to earn the money to own a house in Solitude. In other words, playing as a real citizen and limiting to basic gear and skills avoiding any dungeons and combat other then against wild life.

I've decided to do similar this weekend, setting myself a set of rules which I must abide whilst trying to achieve a number of objectives from the simple, like eating 3 meals a day, sleeping 10 hours a day or getting my own gear (I'm limiting myself to only being allowed to equip what I make, buy or receive via reward/gift as one of my 10 rules) to the extravagant like fully upgrading my home. I've pre-planned my perks with a level cap of 10 as well which should keep enemies I am forced to defend against at a reasonable level of gear and such as well.

Venators adventure life shall begin this weekend, I'll probably keep a sort of diary in this thread if there's any activity/interest and if others want to give it a go I'll post my ruleset.

Bethesda’s Pete Hines Says Not so Fast on Dawnguard Coming to PS3/PC

34gubfs.png

aui9p5.png

Hines tweeted today that the Dawnguard DLC has not been announced for any other platform and that no released any timeline for such news. Dawnguard was released for Xbox 360 on June 26, and as was the case with past Bethesda DLC, gamers have been expecting a 1 month delay before release on other platforms. Hines followed up with a tweet to say that he was not saying that the DLC would never come to other platforms, just that there would be no news today. I suspect that Hines was just screwing with a fan base that is eager to get their hands on the DLC. Reading through some of the replies to Hines’ tweet, it’s apparent that he did, whether intentional or not, manage to cause a collective aneurysm among Skyrim faithful. Credit: claymore

Bethesda’s Pete Hines Says Not so Fast on Dawnguard Coming to PS3/PC

34gubfs.png

aui9p5.png

Hines tweeted today that the Dawnguard DLC has not been announced for any other platform and that no released any timeline for such news. Dawnguard was released for Xbox 360 on June 26, and as was the case with past Bethesda DLC, gamers have been expecting a 1 month delay before release on other platforms. Hines followed up with a tweet to say that he was not saying that the DLC would never come to other platforms, just that there would be no news today. I suspect that Hines was just screwing with a fan base that is eager to get their hands on the DLC. Reading through some of the replies to Hines’ tweet, it’s apparent that he did, whether intentional or not, manage to cause a collective aneurysm among Skyrim faithful. Credit: claymore

Just by chance I went online with Steam and it is now available for PC, downloading as we speak...

Just by chance I went online with Steam and it is now available for PC, downloading as we speak...

Have fun. Starting Dawnguard is kinda weird. As long as your in a major town you should be fine and you will begin the Dawnguard quests.

I kind of want to hold off on dawnguard. I want it, but I really don't want to start a new game (kind of), when I still have a ton to do in the original game.

playing Iracing and Battlefield 3 a lot lately

(Stupid question alert)

So I just got this, and I'm afraid to start. It's mainly because of the character creation and choosing who I should go with in the beginning. (I know about this stuff because I rented it before)

So,

- Is the character selection very particular as to what you'll specialize in? (As in, if I choose a Nord I'll never be good at stealth or magic?) I'd like to have a character that I can do just about anything with.

- Does who you choose to go with in the beginning affect any other gameplay in the main storyline? I don't want to have to choose my allies within the first ten minutes that I've played the game.

No and no. Your race determines which skills are higher ranked at the beginning. Some races are better at different things. You can still rank up anything you like later on.

Hey Parkour, not a stupid question. I've played with 4 different characters now and although they each have perks associated with race I haven't noticed that much of an advantage that it "ruins" anything during a play-through.
I'd say go with your gut. You'll learn as you go and may even get the urge to start another character just to try something different.
My first was a jack-of-all-trades kajiit but subsequent characters have been more singularly focused, ie: dark elf magic user, nord stealth/archer, orc tank weapons master, etc. Don't worry too much about locking yourself into something you can't undo. You'll still have a ton of "wiggle-room" and options galore.
Have fun!

My main does everything character is a nord. I've then got a kajiit and a breton. Most of the difference comes in learning the game and your play style.

Thanks a million to both of you. I'll probably get started tonight.

And I can't imagine handling four different profiles at once. :lol:

Try 6!

My characters:

Wood elf - Does everything, OP with Daedric everything, level 57. Stormcloak.

Nord - Werewolf/Stormcloak/Good/Friendly/Melee character.

Breton - Mage/Imperial/Vampire character.

Dark Elf - Spellsword/Imperial/Vampire/Assassin character.

Khajit - Melee/Archery/Stealth/Thief/Assassin character.

High Elf - Imperial/Mage/Good character.

It gets confusing sometimes!

(Stupid question alert)

So I just got this, and I'm afraid to start. It's mainly because of the character creation and choosing who I should go with in the beginning. (I know about this stuff because I rented it before)

So,

- Is the character selection very particular as to what you'll specialize in? (As in, if I choose a Nord I'll never be good at stealth or magic?) I'd like to have a character that I can do just about anything with.

- Does who you choose to go with in the beginning affect any other gameplay in the main storyline? I don't want to have to choose my allies within the first ten minutes that I've played the game.

No and no. Your race determines which skills are higher ranked at the beginning. Some races are better at different things. You can still rank up anything you like later on.

The only difference when you choose a race is a 10 pt boost in a skill. This has little to no effect on gameplay. They did that intentionally so as not to "discriminate" or "favorite" certain races.

Back