The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
It seems to be over now, its $24.99 currently:indiff:

I might still get it later today, looking at the DLC list, I imagine the Going East DLC is worth getting?

Might want to look on other sites, like Humble Store. It's on sale quite a few times there.
I got my copy with DLC on Amazon. BUT WRITE DOWN YOUR CODE if you download. I didn't but SCS was VERY kind to decipher the files I gave them.

It seems to be over now, its $24.99 currently:indiff:

I might still get it later today, looking at the DLC list, I imagine the Going East DLC is worth getting?

It is just an extension.

Maybe a bit of a stupid question but I'll ask it anyways, how often approximately does ETS2 go on sale on Steam? I'd really like to get it but I'm a bit cheap and don't want to pay full price.:lol:

Summer Sale it was $6.87USD and that's including Going East. But Even before I bought it I noticed it goes on sale A lot. I almost bought it a few weeks before when it was 50% off. It shouldn't be that long just keep an eye out.

@Charlie A Do you know that there is a group already from GTP from this thread? (I'll still join yours but everyone is already added in that one)

Summer Sale it was $6.87USD and that's including Going East. But Even before I bought it I noticed it goes on sale A lot. I almost bought it a few weeks before when it was 50% off. It shouldn't be that long just keep an eye out.

@Charlie A Do you know that there is a group already from GTP from this thread? (I'll still join yours but everyone is already added in that one)
I assumed so. BUT this is more of a friends group :D

Maybe a bit of a stupid question but I'll ask it anyways, how often approximately does ETS2 go on sale on Steam? I'd really like to get it but I'm a bit cheap and don't want to pay full price.:lol:

I got it for a little over $5 (including Going East) during the last Steam sale, like a month ago.

So I said 2 hours ago that I was cheap and didn't want to pay full price for this, then I had a beer and decided to buy the full Collector's Edition for $40:lol:

Anyways, I'll probably be getting ProMods and the Russian Map extension.

I'd also like to find some Russian trucks to download (KamAZ, ZILs, etc.) does anyone know if/where I could find those?

So I said 2 hours ago that I was cheap and didn't want to pay full price for this, then I had a beer and decided to buy the full Collector's Edition for $40:lol:

Anyways, I'll probably be getting ProMods and the Russian Map extension.

I'd also like to find some Russian trucks to download (KamAZ, ZILs, etc.) does anyone know if/where I could find those?
http://ets2.lt/en/

Is there some kind of guide anywhere on how to install ProMods and other add-ons for this game? Their website just gives you the files but doesn't tell what to do with them.:indiff:

Is there some kind of guide anywhere on how to install ProMods and other add-ons for this game? Their website just gives you the files but doesn't tell what to do with them.:indiff:
Have you tried looking for a "read me" file in the download? Most come with one telling you where to place the mod, not sure about this game haven't downloaded any mods yet.

Nope. They just give you a Definitions file, and tell you to put it in the Mods folder. Problem is, I can't find said Mods folder, I'm not sure if I should just create one or if its hidden away somewhere.

Nope. They just give you a Definitions file, and tell you to put it in the Mods folder. Problem is, I can't find said Mods folder, I'm not sure if I should just create one or if its hidden away somewhere.

My docs> ets2 > mod

Then when you load the game, click edit on your profile and tick the box for said mod on the right side then load :cheers:

Well, if I can get this thing to work with all the mods, it'll be worth it.

Dalnoboishiki 2 (not sure how its called in English, the Russian predecessor of Rig'N'Roll basically:lol:) was one of my first driving/car related games I bought when I was about 10 years old. Bizarrely that trucking game probably played a big part in me becoming a petrolhead.
Dalnoboishiki-2-p1.jpg

I've been playing ETS2 MP with friends over the last few days, it's a lot of fun but quite hit and miss... Here's an example of when it's miss:

Awful frame rate, people driving into things, trailers all over the place... But when it works, it's awesome. Earlier on I was on a job from Köln to Nürnberg with a friend who could only find a job from Köln to Frankfurt, so I went there with him (it was a very minor detour) and while he was finding a job from Frankfurt to Nürnberg I parked up at a car park, where three other guys were sat. One of them asked me if I wanted to join them, I said no thanks as I was already in a convoy and the guy's response was '10-4 good buddy!', then my friend stopped by and off we went, trucking through the night. So much fun. Other amusing things are critiquing other peoples' parking, watching lag catch people out (lots of people get too close when they overtake and lag can cause trucks to appear to stop, resulting in serious accidents) and airhorn choirs.

All the MP mod needs now is traffic and LOD scaling to improve the frame rate in densely packed areas. Oh and companies.

Has anyone had a problem of ranking up the long distance skill but the jobs don't get any longer?

ETS2 Is Currently in a Humble Bundle Pay $10 or more to get ETS2 along with other Simulation games. Best of all it goes towards charity 👍 Includes DLC also

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Last edited:
I'm finally back from my trip to Austria, and what a shocker I was in for: there are virtually no late-model FH16s to be found anywhere on the Autobahns! *gasp* :scared: On the other hand, the new Actros was everywhere and it looks infinitely better than the few well-equipped FH16s I saw, even in the lower trim levels with unpainted bumpers. The new Euro6 trucks can't come to ETS2 quickly enough!

Anyway, I'll be active again from now on, and hopefully we can join up for a convoy soon :)

Last edited:
Small question, how do you mod trucks into the game?

With other mods like AI traffic you just stick the SCS files into the mod folder, but with trucks there seems to be a whole bunch of folders containing SII files. What do I do with that?

Small question, how do you mod trucks into the game?

With other mods like AI traffic you just stick the SCS files into the mod folder, but with trucks there seems to be a whole bunch of folders containing SII files. What do I do with that?

Are you opening the .scs file? You shouldn't, if that's what you're doing.

Are you opening the .scs file? You shouldn't, if that's what you're doing.

I'm not, I'm downloading the mod, then extracting the contents into the ETS2 mod folder. When you extract most mods like ProMods, AI traffic, etc. they're .scs files. But when you extract truck mods they're folders with .sii files in them.

I'm not, I'm downloading the mod, then extracting the contents into the ETS2 mod folder. When you extract most mods like ProMods, AI traffic, etc. they're .scs files. But when you extract truck mods they're folders with .sii files in them.
Don't do anything with .sii files, just put the .scs files in the mod folder 👍

Back