The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I would like to play ETS2 MP with you all, but my Laptop can barely run ETS2(only runs it at 40%) alone, and really isn't good enough to run ETS2 MP.

There was also the near crash between you and Mikey, I witnessed some great avoidance there.

Yeah, that was my bad. I also accelerated a bit towards the light, making the stop even more unexpected. Kudos to Mikey for avoiding me even though that was a bit of daft driving on my part. All the more reason for keeping a healthy distance to allow for these maneuvers (not that we were driving dangerously close in this case)

I've learnt my lesson and will ignore the lights next time :)

Yeah, that was my bad. I also accelerated a bit towards the light, making the stop even more unexpected. Kudos to Mikey for avoiding me even though that was a bit of daft driving on my part. All the more reason for keeping a healthy distance to allow for these maneuvers.

Those lights are pretty pointless as you never see any traffic coming the other way. A lot of players ignore lights in the cities though, sometimes with entertaining consequences :)

Those lights are pretty pointless as you never see any traffic coming the other way. A lot of players ignore lights in the cities though, sometimes with entertaining consequences :)

Yeah, I guess so. I just like to stick to the road rules even when no players are around. But if the lights aren't even synched in this case, that's obviously pointless.

Also, I don't get why they have programmed the traffic lights to flash amber from 11 PM to 6 AM, making all intersections what is essentially regular four-way stops. Alright, it's probably done to simulate power-saving measures, but it's still unrealistic that a large city would do such a thing unless the financial situation is really dire. And it's chaotic to say the least if you are in one of the larger cities in MP.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess so. I just like to stick to the road rules even when no players are around. But if the lights aren't even synched in this case, that's obviously pointless.

Also, I don't get why they have programmed the traffic lights to flash amber from 11 PM to 6 AM, making all intersections what is essentially regular four-way stops. Alright, it's probably done to simulate power-saving measures, but it's still unrealistic that a large city would do such a thing unless the financial situation is really dire. And it's chaotic to say the least if you are in one of the larger cities in MP.
Is that only in MP? I'm sure that doesn't happen, unless I've somehow managed to not notice it.

Yeah, that was my bad. I also accelerated a bit towards the light, making the stop even more unexpected. Kudos to Mikey for avoiding me even though that was a bit of daft driving on my part. All the more reason for keeping a healthy distance to allow for these maneuvers (not that we were driving dangerously close in this case)

My reaction was late to you stopping too :lol: 1st I didn't see the lights (bloody weather) and then I see them as green so didn't expect the sudden stop :lol: that is where the voice communication would make life a little safer ;)

Is that only in MP? I'm sure that doesn't happen, unless I've somehow managed to not notice it.

I know some German cities (e.g. Duisburg) have actually experimented with turning off traffic signals at night to save energy, even though the marginal savings of €70.000/year are cancelled out by the cost of having more frequent accidents (something that also counts in ETS2 ;)). But in ETS2 it seems to happen in surrounding countries and many other German cities that haven't yet adopted this concept (to my knowledge, at least).

I'll need to investigate some more. It might be that it only happens in Germany. Also, I haven't actually touched SP since I got hooked on MP, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell you if there is a difference :guilty:

My reaction was late to you stopping too :lol: 1st I didn't see the lights (bloody weather) and then I see them as green so didn't expect the sudden stop :lol: that is where the voice communication would make life a little safer ;)

Yeah, I really need to get a microphone soon. It is long overdue, but I am bad at coercing myself to spend money on anything but basic supplies. I'll get one come the end of July. There, I said it. Promised it! Now I'm obliged to get one :D

There's - I think - a voice chat option in the Steam chat. I prefer to use TeamSpeak though. 👍

Okay, this is weird. I've now played 8909 hours of ETS2, apparently :odd: I'm sure it was 160ish yesterday:

upload_2014-7-9_18-24-53.png

But the speeding fines are kind of pestering... I'm pretty sure I still got one from going 1MPH (Roughly 2.2KPH) over the speed limit.

But the speeding fines are kind of pestering... I'm pretty sure I still got one from going 1MPH (Roughly 2.2KPH) over the speed limit.
and the problem is, that they fine you almost $600, no matter how fast over the limit you were traveling. It would be nice to see something more realistic with the cameras. $600 is insane for 1mph over the speed limit!

I've been testing out TSM 5.0, it's pretty good but low quality in a few places. Here's a Scania in North Africa:

ets2_00064.png

ets2_00074.png

ets2_00076.png

Which maps do you guys use for the Scandanavia and Russia? Do these fit in with the standard maps? Also, how do the bus mods work?

Last edited:
Which maps do you guys use for the Scandinavia and Russia? Do these fit in with the standard maps? Also, how do the bus mods work?
Scandinavia is Promods, now on 1.62 I believe:

http://www.promods.net/

The Russia map expansion that I use:

http://ets2mods.org/2014/05/rus-map-1-2-for-1-10-1-patch/

It only works if you have Going East DLC, working fine with Promods but not with TSM.

I think the bus mods add standalone models or replace existing trucks. You probably can't do much in the game with buses though.

Does anyone want to meet up online today? Haven't cruised with anyone but am planning to.

And by the way, still haven't taken the 400K loan. Should I just do that because it would take a really long time to save that amount up.

Does anyone want to meet up online today? Haven't cruised with anyone but am planning to.

And by the way, still haven't taken the 400K loan. Should I just do that because it would take a really long time to save that amount up.

I would probably take out the loan but, it wouldn't really take that long to save up 400K. My company makes about 900K an in game week. So, probably every 10 hours game time is 400K or so.

Back