The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Right forgot about the 100k, just take out all the loans and slowly repay them :)

Where did ya get that from?! O_O
There doesn't seem to be a K800, but there are a few mods that add Kenworths, W900, K100, T660, T2000. Sometimes the prices can be a bit off :lol: Try ETS2.lt for mods 👍

The Kamaz has finally reached Milan with the train, 2900km, 2700 litres of fuel used :D

These hills were a nightmare:

ets2_00057.png

But the scenery was nice:

ets2_00058.png

Hahaha, it's like how exit in German is Ausfahrt and every time I pass the sign I grin a little bit.

Anybody not playing with a steering wheel? I will be limited to mouse and keyboard when my laptop arrives. Is it bad? Would I be better off getting one of those PC Xbox controllers?

Hahaha, it's like how exit in German is Ausfahrt and every time I pass the sign I grin a little bit.

Anybody not playing with a steering wheel? I will be limited to mouse and keyboard when my laptop arrives. Is it bad? Would I be better off getting one of those PC Xbox controllers?
I tried once. It was terrible.

Link up your XBOX/PS3 controller.

I have tried all three of the different controls (Keyboard, controller and wheel) and I'd say yes, get a controller. Not so much for less buttons, but for more finesse.

Make sure you get one with the usb plug , not the xbox connection !

I bought a gamepad to use on Spintires , Logitech F310. A little cheaper than an xbox controller I believe.

Why not just connect up your PS3 controller?

Just google it, simple enough. I have a PSP emulator, connected up my controller to play it.

Cheers to @P1K3Y_M1k3Y for a relaxing evening drive from Verona to Katowice via Kiel tonight. Good times with the sensible traffic and smooth highways in the less popular but most beautiful parts of the map.

ets2_00058.pngets2_00059.png ets2_00063.png
I will be leaving for the real version of Germany, Austria and Italy for a week or two from Wednesday on (though it probably won't be nearly as good as the ETS2 rendition :P), but I hope to arrange another drive by the time I get back if the interest hasn't completely died out (and if @Leggy1's internet behaves :)).

Cheers to @P1K3Y_M1k3Y for a relaxing evening drive from Verona to Katowice via Kiel tonight. Good times with the sensible traffic and smooth highways in the less popular but most beautiful parts of the map.

I will be leaving for the real version of Germany, Austria and Italy for a week or two from Wednesday on (though it probably won't be nearly as good as the ETS2 rendition :P), but I hope to arrange another drive by the time I get back if the interest hasn't completely died out (and if @Leggy1's internet behaves :)).
My internet has got much better recently, should be good for MP :)

Nice to see another GTP Scania driver, what engine?

My internet has got much better recently, should be good for MP :)

Nice to see another GTP Scania driver, what engine?

Great to hear that 👍 I hope to see you out there very soon for a Scania-themed drive ;)

I upgraded it to a 730 V8 specifically for this trip. I did the first 8000 km in it with a 490, but I felt like experimenting a bit today. I'm still planning to downgrade it again to a lesser V8 engine, as I want to keep the sound at a more sensible power output. I might try out the 620 soon. The 490 does an admirable job when I cruise alone, but in convoys, I've found that a bit more power can be quite useful.

Last edited:
Great to hear that 👍 I hope to see you out there very soon for a Scania-themed drive ;)

I upgraded it to a 730 V8 specifically for this trip. I did the first 8000 km in it with a 490, but I felt like experimenting a bit today. I'm still planning to downgrade it again to a lesser V8 engine, as I want to keep the sound at a more sensible power output. I might try out the 620 soon. The 490 does an admirable job when I cruise alone, but in convoys, I've found that a bit more power can be quite useful.
Yep sure 👍

I guess as a lot of people use 750 Volvo's a 730 would make it easier to keep up. Where I live Scania's seem to be the most popular truck and 420-480 is a normal output. Driving a 490 is probably quite realistic then, but the V8's sound too good :D I still drive a 580, I think it's the most powerful Euro 6 engine so the economy is great.

I tried doing a job in the Kamaz with a 180hp/667nm engine. Only a 12T load but it did surprisingly well. I'll try it with a heavy train soon :lol:

Any idea why my paint job has disappeared :confused:

@Mark II Blit You should come to the Auto GP and WTCC race at A1 Ring while you are there!
Thanks for the heads up! It will likely coincide with our home trip, so as long as we take the eastern autobahns through Austria, I should be able make it to ELMS and Auto GP :) It's a great opportunity to visit an international circuit that's not the Nürburgring.

8vzy15.gif

Any idea why my paint job has disappeared :confused:
What paintjob was it? I don't know if you need to buy the DLC paintjobs to be able to see them in multiplayer, but I haven't gotten any of them, so that might be it.

Last edited:
What paintjob was it? I don't know if you need to buy the DLC paintjobs to be able to see them in multiplayer, but I haven't gotten any of them, so that might be it.
Was a DLC paint, so maybe that is it :D

After many attempts, I finally completed my (test) timelapse with pictures from ETS2. I want make one of those 2000 km deliveries into a timelapse, but I didn't have enough time today sadly. Nevertheless, I ended up with 1300-ish pictures, which are all compiled into this video. :D

(@Mark II Blit)

After many attempts, I finally completed my (test) timelapse with pictures from ETS2. I want make one of those 2000 km deliveries into a timelapse, but I didn't have enough time today sadly. Nevertheless, I ended up with 1300-ish pictures, which are all compiled into this video. :D
Awesome work! 👍 Thats a great idea.

@Dean I love these time lapse videos. It's quite mesmerizing and oddly relaxing to see the terrain fly by like that. You've got a new subscriber ;)

I'm currently gathering footage to make a dash cam style video of all the crap multiplayer drivers pull every day. Surprisingly I don't have enough material yet, though :D

I'm currently gathering footage to make a dash cam style video of all the crap multiplayer drivers pull every day. Surprisingly I don't have enough material yet, though :D
There were some interesting manoeuvres today from other players, like overtaking all 3 of our trucks on a blind hill, or pulling out after being stopped on the wrong side of the road. It wont be long before you have plenty of footage :lol:

....pulling out after being stopped on the wrong side of the road.

This was probably my favorite. Failing miserably at doing a u-turn. Right after a blind hill. Around a blind corner :lol: If I'd had two randoms behind me it probably would have been a pileup. He did move out of the way, though. How considerate of him...

I'll see if I can upload some videos of our trips, but I need to verify my YouTube account first, which is probably not going to happen before I get back from my holiday.

This was probably my favorite. Failing miserably at doing a u-turn. Right after a blind hill. Around a blind corner :lol: If I'd had two randoms behind me it probably would have been a pileup. He did move out of the way, though. How considerate of him...

I'll see if I can upload some videos of our trips, but I need to verify my YouTube account first, which is probably not going to happen before I get back from my holiday.
I gave him a good blasting of my horn, but then he moved a bit. I thought he was going to pull out right in front of me. You would think in a simulation game everyone would try to drive well, but it's too hard for some :lol:

There was also the near crash between you and Mikey, I witnessed some great avoidance there. I dont think the lights at roadworks are synced properly, as we stopped on a green and went on a red (that's what they were for me). That's not helping anyone, probably why Mikey wasn't expecting to stop.

Back