The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
10406674_997105840323443_4357327870605769052_n.jpg

My god, Gendo was an EVA all along, what a plot twist! :eek:

But it's still not as mind-boggling as the final episodes of Evangellion...

I should really get around to doing that. :lol:
\I've always been partial towards KyoAni... Except K-On. :yuck:

Impartial.

But I get what you mean... It only takes me a couple seconds to be captivated by their eyes and bam, I'm hooked.

And then I saw this:

What would you guys say was your Golden Age of Anime?

For me it was when Pokemon, Dragonball Z and the first Yu Gi Oh came about on SA television.

Later on when Animax was still around the 2nd coming: Eureka 7 , Hellsing, Black Lagoon etc

In other news, I saw Demolition D+'s 3-part analysis of Evangeleon. It makes me want to re-watch the series again even more then check out the rebuilds

So, should we be concerned about it?
>kill la kill will save anime hurr durr
>under the dog will be the best thing ever hurr durr

I'm tired of hearing all this, but I'm starting to agree with it somewhat. Especially the points that Anno and Miyazaki make; they're used to the times when you didn't have to use huge tits and a snappy blue ribbon to get fans.

A part of me thinks it's really a small number of people who legitimately go nuts about something like that. After that, it's 70% of what-would-be the total population that get hyped by that 30% who started doing show and tell out loud.

If they want to save anime, they should play more stuff like Ace of Diamond outside of Japan.

A part of me thinks it's really a small number of people who legitimately go nuts about something like that. After that, it's 70% of what-would-be the total population that get hyped by that 30% who started doing show and tell out loud.

If they want to save anime, they should play more stuff like Ace of Diamond outside of Japan.

About that (maybe NSFW)...

Hey, good anime has come out over the past few years which hasn't had to rely on shameless fanservice and pandering to become popular, like Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, err...

Nichijou? That wasn't actually particularly popular, even if it deserved to be. Was Terror in Resonance popular? It should have been, it was clever in many regards and had some of the best animation I've ever seen and one of the best soundtracks as well.

Is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure considered fanservicey? Even if it isn't is it still considered to pander to male power fantasies? And is it really recent? It's based off of a manga from nearly 30 years ago...

Is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure considered fanservicey? Even if it isn't is it still considered to pander to male power fantasies? And is it really recent? It's based off of a manga from nearly 30 years ago...

Well, that depends. Yes, the source material is 30 years old, but the series as a televised serial anime is fairly recent, due to the fact that the two previous attempts were only OVAs based on the Stardust Crusaders arc. Only recently did it become a fully-fledged show, thanks to David Productions. And it could be fanservicey, but it sure as heck isn't your "normal" fanservice... Not many panty shots or flying skirts, only outrageous amounts of manly posing.

...Yes?

Who doesn't be as cool as Jotaro and beat the snot out of scumbags with my hands in my pockets?

Screw that, who wouldn't want to be like young Joseph, predicting everyone's lines before they say them and stick a metric fu:censored:ton of grenades to a vampire's back? I sure as hell wouldn't mind...

Yep, the more I think about it, the more I realize that things are only getting worse (What with that bikini warrior crap or whatever) and it's eventually going to have to reach a breaking point where everybody's testicles in Japan have been milked dry and this sort of bull doesn't sell anymore.

I hope.

Great, great episode. Kazuki coming back as a super computer, of all things, was certainly an interesting twist. Interesting to see what actually happened after Aname fled the bus crash scene, but it's a bit of a downer seeing that she would have lived had she been transferred to a better hospital. Well, lived in her body that is.

Also started Bakemonogatari after hearing great things about it, seeing as I completed Railgun.

Very neat. Art style is complex initially but absolutely gorgeous and keeps the viewer interested well enough. Actual character design is very pretty and sensible, having not noticed any sort of fan service thus far that didn't make sense within the story. Hitagi is also great, gorgeous, gorgeous design plus humorous personality makes for a great watch.

SVX
Very neat. Art style is complex initially but absolutely gorgeous and keeps the viewer interested well enough. Actual character design is very pretty and sensible, having not noticed any sort of fan service thus far that didn't make sense within the story. Hitagi is also great, gorgeous, gorgeous design plus humorous personality makes for a great watch.
Unfortunately it goes downhill from there imo. It's not too bad though-- the animation style remains the same and the storytelling method is still in the same SHAFT conundrum-causing fashion.

Bakemonogatari - It's OK.
Nisemonogatari - Hilariously awful if the viewer is a sociopath.
The inbetween one - Utterly forgettable.
Monogatari Series Series Two - The best bit.
Hanamonogatari - Drugs.
Tsukimonogatari - Why? Why? Why? Also:

You said youd invite me to a disbanding party filled with junior high girls.png

Why?

Unfortunately it goes downhill from there imo.
I'd say quite the reverse.
Monogatari remains probably my favourite anime - but as I've been dealing with just about everything else in my life but anime shows, I've only seen the first episode of the second season. Must watch more of it, preferably after these bloody exams...

SVX
Also started Bakemonogatari after hearing great things about it,

Yeeeeeeesssss @SVX yeeeeeees you must watch the Monogatari, It's a good series indeed. However that's my tastes talking:D

I'm surprised you didn't notice the fanservice yet. I noticed it within the starting 7 seconds of the first episode , that's when I thought "Yep, I think I'm in for a ride" :lol: and what a ride it was in the later episodes and ESPECIALLY a certain episode in Nisemonogatari.

You should fall in love with it as it goes on though, I know I did.

I'd say quite the reverse.
Monogatari remains probably my favourite anime - but as I've been dealing with just about everything else in my life but anime shows, I've only seen the first episode of the second season. Must watch more of it, preferably after these bloody exams...

I know that exam feel....

Gt+not+the+feels+guy+can+t+_1ddd5060fc5a3f192d33a8c1cabda90f.jpg

4 days left for me. Then I can finally start watching anime again.

Yeeeeeeesssss @SVX yeeeeeees you must watch the Monogatari, It's a good series indeed. However that's my tastes talking:D

I'm surprised you didn't notice the fanservice yet. I noticed it within the starting 7 seconds of the first episode , that's when I thought "Yep, I think I'm in for a ride" :lol: and what a ride it was in the later episodes and ESPECIALLY a certain episode in Nisemonogatari.

You should fall in love with it as it goes on though, I know I did.

Oh, I'm very aware at the references to her ass and breasts, but I felt it kinda kept in line with the story rather just being thrown in there as fan service, if you know what I mean?

Two sides of the same coin...
oPp6Vpbl.png

m6AjPWal.png

Also expecting a rather large influx of dolphins next episode...

High School DxD:

In retrospect, this story is really predictable and kinda stupid.
But after watching nearly 3 seasons of it I've become attached. :P
Butts and Boobs also help.

Latest Posts

Back