The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
Hahaha I am going to bed now. Goodnight guys! May you all be blessed with lolis in your dreams.

Okay, muffins for everybody.

muffins.jpg

Hold on. I got an image but my hosting website is doing emergency maintenance :grumpy:

Find another site to host it. :P

The teams mean nothing. Just something fun for us to do. I think you'd fit right in with Team Asuka though. We have a huge mansion, an awesome rec room, and a sweet garage full of high performance cars. We look forward to your decision. Good night! :)

You forgot the Asuka clones of various ages! :grumpy: Surely some business time with Asuka would bring him to the tsundere side!

HAPPY 1000 PAGES MATES!!!!!! 5 POSTS TO GO BEFORE 20000TH POST TOO! IT'S A SPACE RACE GENTLEMEN!

Now continuing with Haruhi Suzumiya. Watching it in chronological order.

I feel like preordering all 3 madoka limited editions right now n

You have the money right now?:lol:Each one costs about as much as 1 BD LE single in Japan. We get 3 though that are combo packs though.:PJapan had 6 2 episode singles.

Not sure how I'll be able to currently try getting those, but I'll be getting them.

(I hope to gawd I don't hear "It's overpriced.".)

You have the money right now?:lol:Each one costs about as much as 1 BD LE single in Japan. We get 3 though that are combo packs though.:PJapan had 6 2 episode singles.

Not sure how I'll be able to currently try getting those, but I'll be getting them.

(I hope to gawd I don't hear "It's overpriced.".)

It's overpriced. :mischievous:

Gawdammit.:grumpy:

But seriously, considering Aniplex USA knows how much money they'll be making off of the series, they know people will be buying at that price. There were people who imported the (Actually overpriced) Japanese singles which cost as much as the LE's here (That are combo packs.).

And I just noticed, they're doing 3 DVD singles here for $30 a piece (Those prices haven't been seen since 2009.), 3 BD's for $40, and 3 DVD/BD LE's for $75. I earlier noticed just the DVD and BD/DVD LE's.

Gawdammit.:grumpy:

But seriously, considering Aniplex USA knows how much money they'll be making off of the series, they know people will be buying at that price. There were people who imported the (Actually overpriced) Japanese singles which cost as much as the LE's here (That are combo packs.).

And I just noticed, they're doing 3 DVD singles here for $30 a piece (Those prices haven't been seen since 2009.), 3 BD's for $40, and 3 DVD/BD LE's for $75.

IMHO, the DVDs should be more like $20, and the BDs $30. But... you're right. They know the product will still sell even at their slightly high asking price.

20000th post!!

Can't be bothered watching Haruhi at the moment because Deus Ex got me on YouTube lololol. Will watch it in a while.

EDIT: Before the real party starts, let me lay down a few pictures of my lovely waifu:

35748fae164fd5ae9751ca30d41bf266.jpg

3c06d44e6033c152fcb7c78765938297c9e59316.jpg

14ce0dbc96e9f8264e5def09a66fc98a.jpg

But it's too silent here so I'll watch Haruhi first.

Last edited:
3 DVDs of Madoka at $30 a pop, containing 12 episodes in total, means you're paying $7.50 per 25-minute episode of standard definition content.

In contrast, FUNimation's SD iTunes offerings go for a mere $1.99 per episode.

You can get all 26 episodes of NGE (older, sure, but still very popular) for $50 new on Amazon, which works out to about $1.92 per episode.

And you can also get all 12 episodes of HOTD on Blu-ray for $41.99, which works out to about $3.50 per each HD episode. Which is still less than half of the cost of an SD episode of Madoka.

Just because it's cheaper than Japan's excessively overpriced offerings, that doens't mean it isn't overpriced. It just means it's not as overpriced. :lol:

$2-5 per episode is what I consider reasonably priced.
Needless to say, I'm not gonna buy it until it drops in price. Or at all. :P

Last edited:
I know right, for 8 movies.:lol:Though considering it was an import, and how they had to do that to stop reverse-importation, it makes sense.

But apparently those movies were very popular with fans. Luckily you can get those movies at places like the PlayStation Store.

I know right, for 8 movies.:lol:Though considering it was an import, and how they had to do that to stop reverse-importation, it makes sense.

But apparently those movies were very popular with fans. Luckily you can get those movies at places like the PlayStation Store.

Luckily I've already acquired them through my own means... :sly:

Haven't watched 'em yet, but they look cool. :D

I'm not sure if I'm going to check them out. I can't remember how much they're going for on the PlayStation Store, though getting them means getting rid of more demos from my 80GB PS3 (I keep way too many demos I don't play much.<_<).

Done with episode 2 of season 1 of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu....

Haruhi, Y U SO INSANE &#4314;(&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#4314;)

Last edited:
So many posts once I awaken, 88 posts, to be exact. You guys sure post fast from around 11:30 PM - 4 AM :lol:

HAPPY 1000 PAGES MATES!!!!!! 5 POSTS TO GO BEFORE 20000TH POST TOO! IT'S A SPACE RACE GENTLEMEN!

1000 Pages? That was 500 for me. Congratulations on 1000 pages! In which I contributed 228 in the entire thread to get to!

Done with episode 2 of season 1 of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu....

Haruhi, Y U SO INSANE &#4314;(&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;&#4314;)

Because she's ambitious and curious?

See why I was called the Haruhi here? :P

Including this thread, I've contributed to 15% of the thread's total posts..

Back