The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
FACEPALM.jpg

screwyounormals.png

You Eva nuts be crazy.

Watch what you say Lolibutterknife.

Steins;Gate was really good but it wasn't a masterpiece.

You can, it's just not a final rating. Also by that logic, that means I can't rate One Piece, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden and Bleach even though I've seen so many episodes...

Just saying. Watching 2 episodes and then giving it a mediocre score isn't really fair to the show. You know sometimes good shows still start off weak until they get their footing. Granted S;G is pretty slow paced it was still enjoyable. Though I found it to be that way mainly because I liked the characters and style.

Just saying. Watching 2 episodes and then giving it a mediocre score isn't really fair to the show. You know sometimes good shows still start off weak until they get their footing. Granted S;G is pretty slow paced it was still enjoyable. Though I found it to be that way mainly because I liked the characters and style.
That's where changing the rating comes in. Also what about people who drop a show because they can't get through it more? It eliminates shows being rated below 5 basically which eliminates hard critics, and them pointing out why they felt it was a bad show.

I rate shows early on, and the ratings usually do end up changing.

That's where changing the rating comes in. Also what about people who drop a show because they can't get through it more? It eliminates shows being rated below 5 basically which eliminates hard critics, and them pointing out why they felt it was a bad show.

I rate shows early on, and the ratings usually do end up changing.

I wouldn't know about all that. I've only dropped one show but that was a live action show.

Anyway I guess your system works. I always wait and then think about the show and rate it as a whole. But I guess in the end both of our ways accomplish the same thing.

*Drinks more*

Watch what you say Lolibutterknife.

Steins;Gate was really good but it wasn't a masterpiece.
Not a masterpiece per-say, but it was an emotional rollercoaster with a fantastic story and loveable characters. I was only a little bit disappointed with S;G for not tapping into it's potential.

NGE annoyed me several times. Yes it's a memorable, classic story and deserving of the praise it gets. But so many things were done wrong and the story fell flat on a few different occasions(Shinji leaving repeatedly and saying "I'll never pilot Eva again", the butchered last two episodes). All of the characters are pretty annoying too(with the exception of Kaji)

Yo DK when you're done can you wash my truck? I haven't washed it since I bought it and I don't even know when it was washed before that. :lol:

Don't you have your 7 Asukas?

That part of Shinji is what makes the show NGE.

You know what was worse? The lack of metal being played in the berserker scene... :mischievous: I loved that bit so much.... thing was like MMM EVA! nom nom nom nom "Damn Nature. You scary!" -no wait-

it was like RRRRUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

*rips your arms off! snaps your neck! pound your face in to a bloody pulp* mmmmm Which episode was that again? 13?

edit: nope it was 19.

Last edited:
Gawdammit, sister has to use the laptop tomorrow along with today.<_<Let's see what I have to catch-up on (This means today's stuff gets included.)...
-The Sacred Blacksmith 7-8
-Naruto Shippuden 234
-Rurouni Kenshin 44-47 (Sony Dubbed:()
-Toriko 29
-Blood+ 21-22
-Six catalog episodes of One Piece (54-59)
-Cardfight!! Vanguard 42
-Steins;Gate 1-2 again
-Soul Eater 38-39
(And if she uses it all day tomorrow like she is today apparently.)
-Hunter x Hunter (2011) 5
-Fate/Zero 6
-One Piece 522 (And 60-62)
-Mashiroiro Symphony 4

I'm watching like 5 different anime at once and I thought it was too much :lol:

Currently Watching:
Fate/Zero
Mirai Nikki
Bakuman II
Shakugan no Shana III
Ika Musume 2
Guilty Crown
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Chobits
Nichijou

I'm watching about 20 at the moment. Though the way I watch anime ends up being slower as I don't really marathon (Makes me feel like I'm dying. I can't even marathon Bleach like I once did to catch-up on that years ago.). Basically, I watch about 5 anime episodes on weekdays (Weekends, I have just currently airing stuff, and catch-up episodes of One Piece.). I make it seem like a TV schedule. Five slots a day (Which counts as one episode.), and I fill them up, and once a show is done, another takes it's place.

Of course when I get a job, I'll have to cut it back probably.
He's crazy with all his anime!
Damn right I am!!:mischievous:

Not a masterpiece per-say, but it was an emotional rollercoaster with a fantastic story and loveable characters. I was only a little bit disappointed with S;G for not tapping into it's potential.

NGE annoyed me several times. Yes it's a memorable, classic story and deserving of the praise it gets. But so many things were done wrong and the story fell flat on a few different occasions(Shinji leaving repeatedly and saying "I'll never pilot Eva again", the butchered last two episodes). All of the characters are pretty annoying too(with the exception of Kaji)

The last two episodes were corrected by the excellent End of Evangelion.

I agree that the whole Shinji leaving Nerv only to come back a few minutes later was a bit lacking in the show, but Rebuild of Evangelion has done a wonderful job of making these moments have the impact they failed to pull off in the show.

Rebuild of Evangelion, if its ending is anywhere near the epicness of EoE, is poised to become THE GREATEST ANIME EVAR!!

That said, the Steins;Gate movie has some potential. :)

A hassle if you ask me.

If you think rating a show twice is a hassle, that's nothing... I frequently re-evaluate all my ratings for everything I've rated.

Another thing to note, stuff I watch on DVD has no schedule. I watch at whatever rate I feel like it at the moment, even sometimes going weeks without watching like what happened to Dragon Ball Z (Which ended up on-hold so I could focus on Excel Saga.).

The last two episodes were corrected by the excellent End of Evangelion.

I agree that the whole Shinji leaving Nerv only to come back a few minutes later was a bit lacking in the show, but Rebuild of Evangelion has done a wonderful job of making these moments have the impact they failed to pull off in the show.

Rebuild of Evangelion, if its ending is anywhere near the epicness of EoE, is poised to become THE GREATEST ANIME EVAR!!

Finally yaywalter says something that makes sense.

Rebuild of Evangelion has already succeeded the awesome of the original series.

Currently watching:

Baccano!
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Fate/Zero
Guilty Crown
Mirai Nikki
Persona 4

5 of those are airing now. I normally don't watch more than 2 shows at a time which is why the only completed show I'm watching at the moment is Baccano!.

Back