The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 52 (PlayStation Challenge) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 160 comments
It still fine, Miku game was in PS so I give it pass even she from Sega.
As long as it have been featured in any PS System (yes this the keyword), I'll give it pass and if have any doubt just slide into DM.

But since this Corona thing I can't reply fast because lately I get some RTO even open twitter and facebook only :|

For this round I wanted to try and do a livery on something other than a group 3 or 4 car and wasn't blue (that didn't last long). Designed as a fictional 3rd Audi Factory entry for the 2016 24 hours of le mans with backing from PlayStation in order to promote the upcoming GTSport title due for release in the near future. Design is based in the old Audi PlayStation team Oreca R8 updated to suit the newer hybrid R18 and relevant regulations (hence the orange arrows). The pattern and design for the car was all achieved using the default shaped and patience with a couple of custom SVG'S used for the drivers names and as part of the helmet design. Also wanted to do a matching Suit and helmet design for the car in order to bring a slightly more realistic feeling to the livery, enjoy! More shots are HERE on my own thread.

Edit: also this probably took me at least three times as long to do as I normally would take for a more detailed livery

Last edited:
For this round I wanted to try and do a livery on something other than a group 3 or 4 car and wasn't blue (that didn't last long). Designed as a fictional 3rd Audi Factory entry for the 2016 24 hours of le mans with backing from PlayStation in order to promote the upcoming GTSport title due for release in the near future. Design is based in the old Audi PlayStation team Oreca R8 updated to suit the newer hybrid R18 and relevant regulations (hence the orange arrows). The pattern and design for the car was all achieved using the default shaped and patience with a couple of custom SVG'S used for the drivers names and as part of the helmet design. Also wanted to do a matching Suit and helmet design for the car in order to bring a slightly more realistic feeling to the livery, enjoy! More shots are HERE on my own thread.

Edit: also this probably took me at least three times as long to do as I normally would take for a more detailed livery

Some sweet Oreca Vibes off this.
Some of my favourite liveries were Orecas.

Last edited:
Welp, looks like I will have to do some tweaking of some previous work I've done...

6269653904267444228_0.jpg

EDIT: I assume we can do a duo of cars instead of just a single car? Same team, basically?

Welp, looks like I will have to do some tweaking of some previous work I've done...

EDIT: I assume we can do a duo of cars instead of just a single car? Same team, basically?
tbh I more prefer 1 car anyway but if @Cytoria haven't any problem with that 2 with this setup team then you can go. But again for me you can put other livery on link or bonus pict along with your main entry.

Nice work.
The Orecas were something I was looking at, but then there were so many good versions done already.
Really like that blue version, is there a link?

I've done what I always do. Started something last night with the thought of "I'll mock up a design and refine it over the next week until it's acceptable" spent 4+ hours on it without noticing the time and now I think it's pretty much ready.
I know what I should do now is take advantage of the deadline and go back to it another time to find out what's wrong with it but I'm too eager to show it off. :lol: :banghead:

I've done what I always do. Started something last night with the thought of "I'll mock up a design and refine it over the next week until it's acceptable" spent 4+ hours on it without noticing the time and now I think it's pretty much ready.
I know what I should do now is take advantage of the deadline and go back to it another time to find out what's wrong with it but I'm too eager to show it off. :lol: :banghead:

I keep promising myself that on one of these I’ll wait for some other poster to do theirs and then I’ll get some ideas but then I sit down and start trying different ideas anyway...

Or you can post it and ask for some feedback to improve it! We always accept some tweaks or changes on the liveries.

I keep promising myself that on one of these I’ll...
...be able to post on the first week of the competition.

:D

Or you can post it and ask for some feedback to improve it! We always accept some tweaks or changes on the liveries.

...be able to post on the first week of the competition.

:D

It always took me one entire week to get one cool idea googling for some inspiration and one other week to work on my project and to find how I can put this idea on one car.
Then I turn my PlayStation on and work on my livery for 2 whole nights.

I feel guilty when some of you post their entry for the LEC while I am still working on my entry for the previous round ...

I do like the thought of the entry threads being a little more collaborative with giving feedback before posting the final entry, but I rarely see it happen so wondered if it was perhaps frowned upon.

It always took me one entire week to get one cool idea googling for some inspiration and one other week to work on my project and to find how I can put this idea on one car.

I feel guilty when some of you post their entry for the LEC while I am still working on my entry for the previous round ...

People just have different ways of going about these liveries doesn't mean one way is better than the other

Whatever works for you.
I’ve always got a few designs in my head because I follow so much Motorsport on social media, and even when there is no competition I’ll be putting some designs together anyway.

It’s all good fun.

Last edited:
Like all of my entries, this one is available for download. It is definitely worth a closer look as it is themed off of the PSOne. It uses the same grey that the original was colored in, with the 4 iconic symbols that are synonymous with the console we all know and love. One glance at this and you can practically hear the old boot up chime.

So this is what I have so far. At the point of thinking adding anything more will be too much.
I've saved a few different versions of base colours but this blue/green shift is my favourite.

I really like the effect of the thin lines so I’d make them more visible, especially at the rear. The base color is indeed a good choice.
Also I’d get rid of the black hood. You didn’t paint the roof or the side scoops black either so it doesn’t echo any other design cue of your livery.

So this is what I have so far. At the point of thinking adding anything more will be too much.
I've saved a few different versions of base colours but this blue/green shift is my favourite.

Like a lot of the details, but sometimes less is more.
For me, there are too many PS+ logos on this.
Bonnet doesn't quite work.

Other than that, detailing is quality and the colours work well together.

Back