The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 52 (PlayStation Challenge) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 160 comments
FINAL ENTRY

via

So, it should come as no surprise that my entry feature my favourite series of all time, Metal Gear Solid. I’ve wanted to continue this series of liveries that I’ve done and do the whole set without rushing through them. This gave me the perfect excuse, however when I read that blue wasn’t a desired colour it lead to some head scratching so I researched real PlayStation liveries and found that they tended to be, on the whole, black with the standard PlayStation lettering in black and that was about it. I figured I would try and follow this but add a bit more interest to the look and style it with the launch ‘Spiderman’ letting PS3 and work it into an MGS4 launch livery.

Using chrome as a base I tried to mirror the black and chrome look of the PS3 during 2008 before it had been redesigned. I originally tried to make it work on the GR4 TT as a homage to the GT3 R8 PlayStation livery, but it looked dull. So, I sized it up and went for a GR3 car that gave me more space. I picked the NSX because its bodywork separated the door clearly and had an easy line running from the front wheel over the back arches that I thought I could work. Once the main livery design was done, I looked again to real world liveries for inspiration. Obviously the Motul design on the front and rear wing is a copy of the real 2020 Super GT car, however I tried to be a bit more creative with the side decal sponsorship. I then added the green Castrol sponsorship, these two sponsors where really done to give the car a bit of life and to contrast with the black, grey and chrome base.
The other details I’ve added are the drivers, which where the team for the Le Mans race in which Peugeot was sponsored by PlayStation and the cars number is the number of PS3’s sold (87.4 million).

I did ask before about dual branding and if games where ok, I’ve tried to make the car clearly as best I can a PlayStation branded car, but if the MGS4 launch sponsorship is too much or too dominant please let me know and I can re-work it!

I did ask before about dual branding and if games where ok, I’ve tried to make the car clearly as best I can a PlayStation branded car, but if the MGS4 launch sponsorship is too much or too dominant please let me know and I can re-work it!

It totally fine tbh, as long as PS branding not too small, I more concern about Wakos, Castrol, and Motul why all in 1 car like they all competitor oil brand :lol:

At the point of thinking adding anything more will be too much.

Well just think less is more then

So, it should come as no surprise that my entry feature my favourite series of all time, Metal Gear Solid. I’ve wanted to continue this series of liveries that I’ve done and do the whole set without rushing through them. This gave me the perfect excuse, however when I read that blue wasn’t a desired colour it lead to some head scratching so I researched real PlayStation liveries and found that they tended to be, on the whole, black with the standard PlayStation lettering in black and that was about it. I figured I would try and follow this but add a bit more interest to the look and style it with the launch ‘Spiderman’ letting PS3 and work it into an MGS4 launch livery.

Using chrome as a base I tried to mirror the black and chrome look of the PS3 during 2008 before it had been redesigned. I originally tried to make it work on the GR4 TT as a homage to the GT3 R8 PlayStation livery, but it looked dull. So, I sized it up and went for a GR3 car that gave me more space. I picked the NSX because its bodywork separated the door clearly and had an easy line running from the front wheel over the back arches that I thought I could work. Once the main livery design was done, I looked again to real world liveries for inspiration. Obviously the Motul design on the front and rear wing is a copy of the real 2020 Super GT car, however I tried to be a bit more creative with the side decal sponsorship. I then added the green Castrol sponsorship, these two sponsors where really done to give the car a bit of life and to contrast with the black, grey and chrome base.
The other details I’ve added are the drivers, which where the team for the Le Mans race in which Peugeot was sponsored by PlayStation and the cars number is the number of PS3’s sold (87.4 million).

Love your work, and it's one of my favourite game series,
but maybe you could replace Castrol with Takata to keep a green element as you've already got Motul on the car.
I made a similar error on mine when I put Bridgestone and Michelin on the car originally.

Love your work, and it's one of my favourite game series,
but maybe you could replace Castrol with Takata to keep a green element as you've already got Motul on the car.
I made a similar error on mine when I put Bridgestone and Michelin on the car originally.
Cheer mate, but eh, don’t think I’ll change it, can just claim that Motul sponsors the series this car is in but Castol supply this team... and we’ll ignore Wakos haha

My entry is the PlayStation Mercedes Gr3. Went a matte metalic base and black with blue highlights just like the console. Second tier sponsorship from the games peripherals and of course my favorite game GTSport. Good luck everyone and awesome entries all cheers.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Download Here

When I heard it was a PlayStation contest I knew I had to do a classic PlayStation livery.
Just always loved those old colors, That Sony grey, with the PlayStation pop of color.

Chose the Porsche 962 cause it's such a fitting car, very 'Analog' :sly:
Took inspiration not only from the console itself but other 962's, and other Porsches that have adorned the PlayStation logo
https://www.gtplanet.net/meet-the-p...sche-models-that-didnt-appear-on-the-console?
The car might have actually been done up like this in the day too! As there were other 962's still racing in 94'! Cool stuff.
Like this beauty! http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/03...dhunters.com/2016/03/the-taisan-porsche-962c/

This turned out great! One of favorite liveries I've made in a long time. I love it's subtle details from the transition to the darker grey on the sides, Sponsors from other 962 Porsche's of the time and PlayStation buttons on the car, like 'Open' and 'Power' (Can you find the Start and reset button place-holding the emergency switches? hehe) There's just something about that Sony logo on the wing that just looks right. :D

Last edited:

Donald Trump jr. is the President of the United States, we are annoying our children about our toilet paper stories in the COVID-19 crisis and Sony presented the next generation of the PS. As the PS5 was a failure cause of electrocutting guinea pigs within 3,5 meters, Sony decided to go to the next level. The PS6 doesn't need a TV cause it will be implanted directly into the Hippo Campus and runs up to 6,5 hours without being recharged with a standard 380 Volt cable you can easily apply to your nose or similar parts of the human body.

As some stupid people seemed to be careful with this 100% safe device and no one understood what the heart button does, Sony was forced to start a huge marketing campaign. The 2025 LeMans winning Hyundai VGT was choosen to be the ideal billboard and runs again in the 2026 WEC season unchanged with the goal to repeat it's success.

Last edited:
Last edited:

This time I wanted to go full 90's and played around with the colors of the original playstation logo. It looks quirky, and I rather like it as it looks pretty odd and quite a bit like a toy, which suits the product. To complement the theme I tried to give the bonus shots also a 90s touch.

FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

full

FINAL ENTRY
Peugeot Team PlayStation L750R
Link.

FINAL ENTRY
Peugeot Team PlayStation L750R
Link.
Yes, yet another PS1-inspired livery and on a Gr.1 car that I've only recently started to warm up to. The main idea behind this is to combine the base colour of the original console with the secondary colours of the controller face buttons. PlayStation-sponsored Peugeots became a thing at Le Mans with the 908 in its later seasons, so my thoughts also crossed towards a potential continuation of this partnership once they are ready with their forthcoming WEC entry.

My main spark for the pattern designs and bonnet sponsor placement came from the various PlayStation-liveried Pescarolo LMP900/LMP1 prototypes, with this front top-down view of the 2006-spec C60 being my main reference while making them:

Pescarolo_C60_2006.JPG

Body and bonnet are finished in W2 Matte Metallic with an additional gradient stripe running down the centre. This not only emphasises the metallic effect and main PlayStation logo on the bonnet, but also references the packaging style of original PS1 consoles shipped with the first-gen DualShock controller. The thin metallic strips breaking up the black and multicoloured side panels are in W1 Liquid Metallic, and are intended to be a subtle homage to the original PS3 console. As there is no option to cover those strips with decals like the front wing, intakes and floor, I have chosen to improvise and imagine that the top halves would match the corresponding body colours if this livery became a reality.

Learnt while making this that the Gr.1 L750R is not an ideally-proportioned car for sponsor placement or general LEC front three-quarter shots. Hopefully the top-down bonus shot should give a better idea of the vibrant, flowing style I had in mind.

yesterday's DualSense announcement has given me the inspiration I needed. I have to admit, I haven't really played GT since the covid lockdown so it feels good to have something to finally contribute to the thread, I should have it up sometime in the next 24hrs. Amazing work by everyone so far, as usual the voting will be hard to narrow down, I already have a bunch of favorites

Whoo! That one's got some kick! I like it. Very 90's. Like to see that on a ski suit!

FINAL ENTRY

full

full

full

full

Another cool PSOne Livery! Playstation should really bring back these colors. Yours in a nice modern take.

FINAL ENTRY
PS5 DUALSENSE McLaren
The new PS5 controller was my inspiration. Every time I added a logo felt like I was doing something wrong, so minimal decal placement was key here.
It's so hard to settle on just a few logo decals on this car, if you don't know the extent of cover up decals on this machine it pretty much looks like a stock vehicle. Most times here the liveries that have the most sponsors, wins. I'm bucking that trend and going all in on the theme, let's go, PS5 DualSense.

Love the minimalism on this. Suits the car and the controller concept perfectly.

Probably at the opposite end of the spectrum to what I’ve done.
thanks mate, minimalism was my focus for sure. i must have added and deleted logos MULTIPLE times on this one. tire, oil and electrical sponsors add and subtract over and over...graphical elements to enhance curves and lines..in the end i just had to go with my gut

Latest Posts

Back