The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 696 comments
From what I can see, your save doesn't have the t_key_value table which is what's needed for the DLC persisting trick to work. Your t_garage table is also missing the invalid column which basically is set to true when you have a DLC car in garage while not allowed to use it (the yellow exclamation mark). I went ahead and checked my own saves from every version and it seems like both of these things were added in the 2.02 version and your save is from 2.01 version. So I believe if you update your game to 2.02 -> save your game -> try again, it should work.

That said, I would really recommend updating all the way to the 2.11 patch because there's more content there and it's all around the best version for modding.
Oh, you must be the creator of this? Appreciate your help.

hmmmmm okay. But number 1, where do I go to update the game? Game data Utility on the PS3 menu or do I just go to the game itself, press triangle button and "Check for update"? And then you're making sound like I can just choose what version to update to. Am I able to do that? Cause i'll just choose 2.11 if that's the case.

Last edited:
Something else I could add is his editor was designed with 2.11 in mind since that's what most people use with save editors these days. Also, by update 2.11, all the DLC for GT5 had already been released, so you'll be able to get all of them if you update to that version.
But number 1, where do I go to update the game?
Provided you're connected to the internet, a prompt should come up as soon as you boot the game. It has to install each update manually though and you'll have to let it install a few updates until it reaches 2.11. At some point, you'll have to stop it, but right now I don't know exactly where you would, you might have to just check your game data utility until you get there.

Last edited:
Something else I could add is his editor was designed with 2.11 in mind since that's what most people use with save editors these days. Also, by update 2.11, all the DLC for GT5 had already been released, so you'll be able to get them all of them if you update to that version.

Provided you're connected to the internet, a prompt should come up as soon as you boot the game. It has to install each update manually though and you'll have to let it install a few updates until it reaches 2.11. At some point, you'll have to stop it, but right now I don't know exactly where you would, you might have to just check your game data utility until you get there.
ahhhh okay. Let me know when you figure out where I should stop it because this is my very first time doing this and I don't wanna mess up anything.

Oh, you must be the creator of this? Appreciate your help.

hmmmmm okay. But number 1, where do I go to update the game? Game data Utility on the PS3 menu or do I just go to the game itself, press triangle button and "Check for update"? And then you're making sound like I can just choose what version to update to. Am I able to do that? Cause i'll just choose 2.11 if that's the case.
It's been years since I've booted a PS3 but I'm assuming the patches are still downloadable. And if I remember right, they game just asks for you to update when you boot it. But of course you need to be online for it to work. It seems like Sonygamer already replied as well. I can't remember how exactly it kept updating either but I do remember you can stop updating when it has installed 2.11. Whether it asks you before it starts updating to the next version or not, I can't remember. Just make sure you do not install the 2.12 version because that's the version when they added the hybrid resetting (you don't want that).

It's been years since I've booted a PS3 but I'm assuming the patches are still downloadable. And if I remember right, they game just asks for you to update when you boot it. But of course you need to be online for it to work. It seems like Sonygamer already replied as well. I can't remember how exactly it kept updating either but I do remember you can stop updating when it has installed 2.11. Whether it asks you before it starts updating to the next version or not, I can't remember. Just make sure you do not install the 2.12 version because that's the version when they added the hybrid resetting (you don't want that).
" I can't remember how exactly it kept updating either but I do remember you can stop updating when it has installed 2.11. Whether it asks you before it starts updating to the next version or not, I can't remember. " Ok bet, that's the kind of context I wanted to know. Regardless if you can't remember I'm starting to picture how this is going to go down. Thanks

Doing a little math, in your case, once you reach the 10th update you install, that's where you can press circle to back out of the rest of the update prompt. Once you do, check your game data utility and see what version you're on now. If it says 2.11, you're good to go!

Latest Posts

Back