The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #02 (Stripes) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 240 comments
Thanks for the inspiration @syntex123, I was seriously struggling to come up with something for this one, but now I’m working on a version of this! Hopefully it’ll turn out ok and I’ll submit it when it’s ready
I considered taking this on but when I realised who I’d be competing with, I decided against it. I actually have this car in 1:43. If you need any reference pics, let me know and (if I can get my phone camera to focus :irked:) I’ll upload them.

B94208D4-32BC-461C-8E61-716EDA452FD2.jpeg
221AF044-EAA6-4749-822C-4CB263819AA9.jpeg4D14587C-5FC8-4B8B-8EF7-1B15436BBDCB.jpeg

So, @syntex123 @Nuschel01 I guess you both guessed right? :D :D

For those unfamiliar, I spent a fair while trying to replicate BMW's art cars on the BMW VGT in GT Sport... because of the number of decals I was getting through, once I'd finished a livery, I'd delete the decals and move on to the next livery... sadly, this meant that come GT7, not a single livery I made was carried over. I've started re-creating what I lost (I still have all the decals on my PC), but it's an absolutely thankless task going back and re-making stuff with 50 or more abstract decals with file names like K8 LHS... etc. etc. I've said final entry, but it will get tweaked before the end of the competition... and once I get less ******** angry about loosing years of work, I might post some bonus pics.

Hmm...

Now seeing all the entries so far in such short time I'm kinda scared to jump straight in this one. Will take some time to consider what to do in this situation. 😀 I really hope to come up with something more competitive this time (well, my bar is set not that high after round 1 - 1 vote should be easy to reach). :D

After seeing @Nerazzurri and @MatskiMonk entries, I'm now positive my entry will sit a long way down the ranks! But I am still working on it, just need to get the donor car built up to the right spec and source a couple of last decals and I'll get it done.

Good luck all, some great entries already, looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited:
Recently I succeeded carrying a livery from GTS over to GT7. It has to be shared public.
Yeah, it's copied over all the public liveries I'd made, but it doesn't bring the decals with it if they were deleted after the livery was made... so I have 50-odd liveries that basically just have the base colour and and any sponsor decals or shapes I happened to have used from the in game selection of decals.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
I've been on a bit of a JGTC/SuperGT kick for liveries in GT7, and this is my latest work. This design was inspired by the Yellow Corn sponsored McLaren F1 GTR that ran in the JGTC GT500 class around 2002. Fell in love with how it looked, and decided to adapt it to the GT500 NSX.

yc mclaren.jpg
Mclaren2.jpg

Yeah, it's copied over all the public liveries I'd made, but it doesn't bring the decals with it if they were deleted after the livery was made... so I have 50-odd liveries that basically just have the base colour and and any sponsor decals or shapes I happened to have used from the in game selection of decals.
Me too.. I want to carry over a few but because like you, 99% of the decals were deleted shortly after they were used. Still have them on my external hdd, but they’re spread all over :lol:

I've been on a bit of a JGTC/SuperGT kick for liveries in GT7, and this is my latest work. This design was inspired by the Yellow Corn sponsored McLaren F1 GTR that ran in the JGTC GT500 class around 2002. Fell in love with how it looked, and decided to adapt it to the GT500 NSX.

When you don't have 9 million to spend on the F1 GTR in the legends dealership.

Tried to be clever using the Genesis front lights, did it work? You tell me

Simple one with abit of a play on the theme.

Don’t have much time this round and didn’t want anyone to beat me to the idea.

DTM inspired hense the Dekra / German inspiration

Let me know what you think

The Martini stripes in the front of the car and the ones in the rear, curving around the fenders, were done by hand. Yeah, took a while... :boggled:. The stripes in the door, roof and rear wing are available in the Showcase thing, don't remember the user, but if you want them just ask me and I can look in my collection (but it shouldn't be that hard to find them, actually).

Well, there's not much to tell you guys about this. It's a Porsche. It's sponsored by Martini. It has WEC number plates and other regulatory decals.

About the design, I made it as what I think a Team Manthey car would look like with Martini colors. Tried to be sparse with brand and sponsors decals to reflect the way factory backed Porsches generally look in WEC. I'm now doing a silver version and a black one as well!

Last edited:
I’ve never entered one of these before, not sure if this would be allowed, but it does meet the brief of following the body shape?
A92E0A74-F3AB-4582-BDEA-BD7F49341805.jpeg

Last edited:
Back