The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #09 (Safety First) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 72 comments
SORRY LONG WINDED BACKSTORY !!!!

In my area of GTHA (greater Toronto Hamilton Area) Hamilton Ontario Canada. Here we have this short dirt track known as ohsweken speedway where the run late models ,sprints and others. When I was growing up one weekend a year they would have the world outlaw racing series come up with one or more big name nascar drivers come up and run, if I remember correctly Kasey Kane, Tony Stewart, mark martin, and others have come up. Now this is track is owned Glenn Styres and the Styles family. Styres' story has as many twists and turns as the nearby Grand River. As a kid growing up on the Six Nations Reserve, there were lean times.

His dad died before he was born, his mother worked picking tobacco to support five kids, but still had to borrow milk and sugar when money was scarce. At age 7, he saw his first Daytona 500 on TV, a fuzzy picture that left a very sharp memory. “I was hooked, and luckily my Uncle Frankie Turkey loved cars and racing, so he took me to races all over Ontario,” at age 25 or 30 he bought his first car and trailer but didn’t have tools or even multiple tires he ran some races but wanted something closer to home,He's a founding member of Grand River Enterprises, a multi-million-dollar cigarette manufacturer located on the Six Nations. Little brother Glenn listened. He got loans, maxed out his credit cards and cobbled together money to start building the track on land in the family. Eventually he sold his shares in GRE to get the track on solid footing, and now it's run as a family business and in 2019 he had to retire from racing due to injury and concussions but now is a team owner.

So with the design I also choose to incorporate the Every child matters slogan or brand to raise awareness of what happen to all the poor innocent native Canadian children in the residential school system back in the day (until 1990), and who most Canadians were oblivious to the atrocious that happened at these Schools and the effect it would have on the survivors, but also the fact that a staggering number of these kids never made it home, we are now just finding them and find names after decades of cover ups .Here in Canada September 30th is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation aka orange shirt day which only just started in 2019. And this is also why I chose the the Color orange for the pace truck. Sorry for the long winded speech

Last edited by a moderator:
@chris berger

You should check the opening post for how your entry should be presented, the entries need to be 640px on their wide edge. Entries that aren't presented in the standard format don't get put in the poll.

Okay so should change the aspect in game or here ?
The pictures themselves are fine, they just need to posted the correct way, in the correct size...

Try this.

The pictures themselves are fine, they just need to posted the correct way, in the correct size...

Try this.

Now how do I delete my old posts

Well well well…
This one truly had me stumped. Not one that suits my skill set. As I often try to with competitions I like to try and do a different take on the theme so decided to do a car for a race with no engines. I originally had very differant plans for this but ended up not liking any of them.

Colour is WRT Audi Grey, widebody with splitter and skirts.

Hope you enjoy it more than I do

FINAL ENTRY

A fictional WEC event at Kyalami in 2023 requires a fictional Safety Car. Enter the BMW M4 SC 003 ZAR.
PS 4 BASE
(As you can tell😋)

NOTE: if you have previously entered, just go to Scapes > My Library > click your previous entry > Open Scapes > change car to the new entry, refocus and snap a new photo. No need to reposition the camera/car unless its proportions are wildly different.
Last call for you two, I won't remind again.

Last edited:
Sorry boys, the situation in South Africa currently doesn't give me enough of a break to attend to gaming. It's been work, work, work and nothing else, except a total loss of electrical output in the nation.
I will do better in a next post, it was an honor to compete or atleast, try to

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base

Wasn't sure if I was going to come up with anything for this comp since non-racecars aren't my forte, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. There's not much for inspiration out there for SuperGT safety cars since most are a solid color with big "safety car" callouts on the side, but I was reminded of the 50th Anniversary Edition GTR and felt the stripes would add some pop as well as being believable as something Nissan might've done. I used Brilliant White Pearl as the base color as that's one of the 3 colors Nissan offered on the Anniversary package (the others being Bay Side Blue and Ultimate Metal Silver, both with white stripes) and did my best to match the red as close as possible. The roof stripes are the same as seen on the real thing, and the door stripes were added as an additional nod to the original Hakosukas that this edition paid tribute to. Decals were otherwise kept to title sponsors and SuperGT logos.

FINAL ENTRY
PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

Dunno if I posted that right or not but this is my one and only participation for something like this.

Anyways... the car is obviously meant for the Tokyo Expressway tracks. The body itself is painted with green metalflake paint while the "other" parts, mirrors and rearwing category utilizes one of the red fluorescent paints.

After painting the car has been covered with white decals all around, leaving only the green sidestripe and the red bits visible. The idea behind the green paint was to make the stripes appear reflective, but its really not that noticeable ingame.

Inspiration was taken from real japanese work vehicles and PD made versions that are dotted around the tracks.

Safety car decals are made by @Maninashed and uploaded by myself to the GT Sport and GT7.

The Tokyo Expressway text logos and the track logo are picked from user made/uploaded decals inside the GT7.

Hopefully the pics are posted correctly, since I did it with mobile. If not, I appreciate if someone can help me fix the issues.

Last edited:
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Ray Tracing

Took me some time to find what to do for this LEC and the idea came yesterday morning while I was watching MotoGP.

BMW is the official MotoGP car and thanks to @Puca-4LD I had the decals I needed to make my own BMW MotoGP Safety Car livery, especially with this outlined MotoGP flag. :cheers:

I wanted to keep it simple but kind of eye-catching so I went with this carbon base and white and some kind of golden decals (it would be soooo nice and easier if we could use special paints for the decals... I guess we all agree with that!).

I put a 5% opacity "golden" decal on the whole car to give it some coloured brightness and then 50% black ones to make the stripes and keep the carbon visible (please watch the bonus pics).

Hope you like it, the link is in the entry post in case you want to download it or give it a feedback.

Good luck everyone for the poll ✌️😎

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
PS4 base

With the official Hockenheimring Audi R8 safety car having collided with a tire barrier during a GTWC Europe race this month,
I had the idea to provide them with a new vehicle. I chose the BMW M4 and dressed it for the ADAC GT Masters on 21.-23. October 2022.
Hopefully the Hockenheimring will find its way into Gran Turismo some time…

I don't think I'll have an entry for this one. Busy times + no inspiration ever really came. If something hits me in the next day I'll do something, but likely not.

Back