The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ex-Klansman, who then spent such a significant time working to overturn everything he did that he earned the plaudits of a major African American organisation, it's almost as if you didn't read all the members who posted that information and just want to ret-con it into something it isn't.
Thanks for telling me something I've been told for the 5th time, that I didn't plan on responding to. Doesn't mean I have to agree.

Thanks for telling me something I've been told for the 5th time, that I didn't plan on responding to. Doesn't mean I have to agree.
It's a relatively important point though. There's a considerable difference between being good friends with someone in the KKK and being good friends with someone who was in the KKK, but left and has spent the intervening years trying to undo the damage he did.

I know nothing of the chap in question, but people deserve a shot at growth and redemption, don't they? Rather than just being defined by the deeds they did when they were younger and dumber.

Golly, I'm getting some serious 'pallets-of-cash-on-a-plane-headed-for-Iran' vibes from this.

Hillary called him her mentor. Obama delivered his eulogy. He was a Democrat. He was once a member of the KKK. Literally nothing else matters to some.

It doesn't matter that he wasn't in the KKK during any part of the life of possibly everyone--certainly very nearly everyone--participating in this subforum and indeed on this forum as a whole. It doesn't matter that his actual voting record (which is considerably more substantive than what one may believe as that voting more directly impacts the people whom one represents) later on in his half-century service as a United States Senator was in stark contrast to views he may have held while in the KKK and indeed in contrast to his voting record earlier in his service as Senator for West Virginia.

Don't you have anything better to do than make no attempt to engage others in meaningful discussion and instead use this forum as a pulpit from which to cast aspersions and subsequently play the victim? For whom are you doing it anyway? Johnnypenso hasn't posted here in months, Chrunch has likely migrated over to Parler for political commentary as he's realized this isn't the echo chamber he's looking [for], Groundfish won't be back again until the next moral panic arises, whatever that may be, VBR makes no effort to engage in discussion either and instead posts hackneyed imgflip concoctions and videos nobody's going to watch because he can't be bothered to offer an original thought.

I'll save you the trouble of responding. I know, I know...you're done here. Until you're not, anyway.

Last edited:
You were the one who tried to bring it up as a gotcha in the first place.
Cause I find it a little hypocritical here, considering someone won't accept I changed my views on something.

I still think Byrd is a piece of ****.

Edit:

Golly, I'm getting some serious 'pallets-of-cash-on-a-plane-headed-for-Iran' vibes from this.
Don't start with that ****. My opinion remains the same.

Last edited:
Don't start with that ****. My opinion remains the same.
I know...and that's the point. Context doesn't matter. Facts don't matter. Things are only what you want them to be.

It's rather Trumpy. It's pathetic.

I know...and that's the point. Context doesn't matter. Facts don't matter. Things are only what you want them to be.

It's rather Trumpy. It's pathetic.
Facts: We gave them their money back and we've been on the brink of war since sir.
Dumb idea then, still dumb now. They're a lot more powerful now.

I already know where you are gonna take that...

And I honestly don't post for anyone or anything here.

Keep stroking the ego. TDSism man.

Last edited:
Facts: We gave them their money back and we've been on the brink of war since sir.

That's exactly why I was reminded of it!

It doesn't matter that the United States was required to pay that money. It doesn't matter that the amount the United States was required to pay was less than it would have been in the absence of a deal that, if reneged upon, would have resulted in the United States being required to pay even more money. It doesn't matter that failure to pay that money, money that belonged to Iran, would have resulted in the United States' standing on the world stage being greatly compromised, which is particularly bad when you consider entities in other countries hold massive amounts of the United States' debt.

Context doesn't matter. Facts don't matter. Things are only what you want them to be. The ignorance is staggering.

I suppose that may have been where you expected me to take that, but I was compelled to take it there regardless because facts and context do matter.

What ego? I'm addressing the things you're saying.

You've bemoaned others' supposed propensity to play the man instead of the ball, addressing the individual rather than the things they say, and here you are invoking* the right's preferred pejorative to shut down criticism of your bronzer daddy by suggesting said criticism is the result of some purported mental disorder associated with hatred of Trump rather than the things he says and does, which is particularly tone-deaf during this election cycle.

*If in a hilariously stupid manner. I mean, really...'Trump Derangement Syndrome'-ism? It's a wonder Trump supporters don't forget to breathe.

Odd then that despite being told for the 5th time you still manage to get it wrong!

Nope.

Dumb idea then, still dumb now.
Nope

They're a lot more powerful now.
Nah you see that was a result of Trump ripping the deal up and quite literally giving Iran zero reason to keep playing ball, which up to that point they 100% had (as independently verified and not Trump's ******** on it).

https://www.businessinsider.com/iran-nuclear-deal-explained?r=US&IR=T

Trump claimed that Iran had not held to the terms of the deal, which was untrue, Trump claimed that notice had to be given to inspect sites, which was untrue, Trump claimed that the US paid Iran, which was untrue.

However what is most key is that Trump objected that the sunset clause that would see the deal need to renegotiated after 10 years, so he ripped the deal up, and it doing so reduced the ten years to zero years, as he seems to have a basic failing at maths.

So no, the Iran deal didn't put the US on the brink of war with Iran, it did quite the opposite, Trump put the US on the brink of war with Iran because he's an idiot with a hard-on for tearing up everything a black guy did.

Last edited:
Rascally Republicans.

Edit: Speaking of which...

Dan Crenshaw? What an asshat. Here's what his gerrymandered voting district looks like:

Screen-Shot-2019-04-16-at-9.46.35-PM.png

Moderate position? ANY position that believes Trump won AT ALL should be considered extremist.
I mean...it was moderate in that it's somewhere between accepting that the public has spoken through its voting power and what it has said is that it doesn't want Trump to occupy the office of the president for a second term, and holding an air conditioning repairman at gunpoint because of the delusion that he was involved in an election fraud scheme.

Good for you, Dan, you're absolute garbage but at least you're not insane.

I posted this on my profile a few moments ago but, gosh, I just really want to say it again.

Republicans: "Let the people decide..."

Also Republicans: "...so that we can ignore the decision if we don't like it."

Right trash.

Last edited:

Whoa lets slow down here. We've been close to the brink of war with Iran during Trump's presidency, I'll grant you that...but why were we on the brink of war? Genuine question there.

If you think Iran is "powerful" than I think you really don't think you've studied the subject much.

It just makes our voting districts seem so ... uncreative. No wonder we look up (down) to the United States as a beacon of democracy. :sly:

View attachment 978477

Well, they seem to match up along the borders of counties, regional municipalities, and cities in Ontario (except for those tiny areas within the GTA).

Crenshaw has made a complete embarrassment of himself even more lately. YouTube his latest Georgia reloaded ad.

Warning: you're gonna end up looking like this for about 2 minutes after watching it.
5Dam.gif
I think he's trying to be like that guy who made the action movie wedding video. Bring everyone *parachutes out of an empty plane into a deserted field*.

Last edited:
:lol:

Holy crap on a cracker.

I noticed at the end that it was paid for by the "Spirit of 76' PAC," which is appropriate given that that was about 76 foot of stupid.

The GOP is so far gone. Trumpism, man.

YouTube his latest Georgia reloaded ad.

That was hilarious, then I had to remind myself he's a (elected?) representative in the American political system.
It's not the norm for myself to comment on politics, especially that of a foreign nation but holy jeebus that has just blown me away.

I think he's trying to be like that guy who made the action movie wedding video. Bring everyone *parachutes out of an empty plane into a deserted field*.

Far left?

Laughs in European.

It amuses me no end that centre right political views have managed to become far left in American political discourse, only because humour is the only way to deal with the authoritarian fantasies of the outgoing party.

Back