The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a broader topic;

How far can you go and still be redeemable?
How far do you go until you are forever irredeemable?

The questions get muddied with the passage of time. 50 years is a long time for a career but does the metric still apply? Are you redeemable 30+ after something wrong or, conversely, are you irredeemable now and will remain so 30+ years into the future?
I don't know man, I look at the KKK as a gang, similar to the Hells Angels.
You don't don't just get in on having good looks if you know what I mean.

I don't know man, I look at the KKK as a gang, similar to the Hells Angels.
You don't don't just get in on having good looks if you know what I mean.
I don't, I'm afraid.

Marjorie Greene knows who he is and has thrown him out of a rally she held with Loeffler. You'd think Loeffler would've remembered him from then.

https://web.archive.org/web/2020102...ne-loeffler-rally/6TMLDP5ESNASFDPC4S2KYHHVVM/

I don't know, why'd Hillary call a KKK Dragon her mentor?
Must be a white thing... :indiff:
Probably because he was. Dude was in Congress for like 50 years. You can learn a lot from a person like that, both what to do and what not to do. Even if you learn what not to do from somebody, you still learned it from them. A mentor is an experienced and trusted advisor but as far as I can tell you don't actually need to like somebody that you trust. There are several people I know whom I trust but absolutely despise. And I've learned things from them as well...you could say they are among my mentors. I trust them, I respect them, but I do not like them and avoid associating with them.

After everything he did I think his apology and endorsement of Obama is a slap in the face to the American black community. Thoughts?
If a person at least attempting to repent and repay for their past mistakes is not worthy of respect, then why do any of us ever apologize for anything?

I'm not black so maybe this really is a white thing as you suggest, but I think it's clear that Byrd was admitting that his life's work was for the wrong cause. You're free to interpret that however you want. He did wrong, that's a fact, but how to interpret an apology is up to the person wronged.

Last edited:
Marjorie Greene knows who he is and has thrown him out of a rally she held with Loeffler. You'd think Loeffler would've remembered him from then.

https://web.archive.org/web/2020102...ne-loeffler-rally/6TMLDP5ESNASFDPC4S2KYHHVVM/
Oh, that makes this even more juicy because my link implicates Greene posed with him before as well.
Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican candidate running for the open 14th Congressional District seat in northwest Georgia, also posed alongside Doles and an American Patriots USA banner in a photo earlier this year. Greene, owner of a construction company, has largely self-financed her bid for the seat, pouring $700,000 into her campaign.

Greene’s campaign did not respond to questions about the photo with Doles, calling the questions “silly and the same type of sleazy attacks the Fake News Media levels against President Trump.”

She has been criticized in the past for her social media posts that appear to show her support for QAnon, a byzantine conspiracy theory begun online. The group posits a cabal of politicians and celebrities involved in an international pedophilia ring are plotting to bring down President Trump. Doles has posted about Greene and borrowed QAnon language on several occasions on his VK account.

“Our friend Marjorie Greene is running for Congress. She’s part of the Q movement,” Doles posted in March. “Good friend to have.”

If she wised up the 2nd time he was around, she would've definitely told Loeffler the reason why since she had already gotten into controversy with him.

Last edited:
Chester Doles sounds ... & looks ... like a character from a Guy Ritchie gangster movie.

With regard to Senator Byrd, he clearly underwent a very radical change in his political views over the course of his life.

In the end, the political legacy of Robert Byrd went from admitting his former membership in the Ku Klux Klan to winning the accolades of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). The group rated the senator's voting record as being 100% in line with their positions during the 2003-2004 congressional session.

When Byrd died at age 92 on June 28, 2010, the NAACP released a statement saying that over the course of his life he “became a champion for civil rights and liberties” and “came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda.”

I would say that Robert Byrd's political journey is a noteworthy example of a profound willingness to be self-reflective & self-critical - something that few people find easy.

... Meanwhile, in downtown Lansing, Michigan...

The storm is upon us. It's a go code from Trump.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see the day GTP defends a Klansman...
If people were defending him for a being a Klansman instead of for ditching the KKK and spending the next sixty-three years supporting the civil rights movement, I'd be more worried. Instead I'm more concerned with people who instigate racist violence today.

Last edited:
... Meanwhile, in downtown Lansing, Michigan...

The storm is upon us. It's a go code from Trump.

Creative alternative uses of Z and S to make the numbers fit. As always.

EDIT: It's a sign! It's a sign!

Oh Jesus, What ********! = 252

Last edited:
It's representative of how bad this has all got that I'm looking at the electoral college votes and still worrying about it. Even though we are just Michigan away from clearing the battleground states.

Have there been any surprises or is everything going as it should for the voting?
Seems like everything is going as routine. The headlines I've been reading as they come up, are what state electors have cast their votes for the candidate that won their state. Latest one says all of Trump's battleground states he contested have officially been given to Biden.

Last edited:
It's an example of someone whose views were formed by their background & upbringing ... who over time comes to understand that those views are bigoted & destructive & eventually comes to completely reject them. That's a good thing.
But Hillary called him a mentor and Obama delivered his eulogy, so he's as bad as the worst thing he did and nothing he did after that could redeem him. Plus Hillary and Obama are just as bad, not because of anything they did but because of association with him.

Trumpism, man.

Have there been any surprises or is everything going as it should for the voting?
I'm beginning to think Donald Trump didn't win the election.

I'm beginning to think Donald Trump didn't win the election.
giphy.gif

California has cast its 55 votes. Biden makes another official step towards Presidency. I think all that's left is for the votes to go Congress & then the Inauguration?

California has cast its 55 votes. Biden makes another official step towards Presidency. I think all that's left is for the votes to go Congress & then the Inauguration?

So he lost the same election again today... and then, he'll lose... twice? in January? I imagine he'll invent another way to lose it between now and then.

20201215_065527.png

President Trump's allies are preparing to send an "alternate" slate of electors to Congress, senior White House adviser Stephen Miller said Monday, signaling Trump will drag out his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election even after the Electoral College certifies Joe Biden as the winner.

Miller, appearing on Fox News as a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, brushed off the idea that the Electoral College vote marked any kind of end to the process.

"The only date in the Constitution is Jan. 20. So we have more than enough time to right the wrong of this fraudulent election result and certify Donald Trump as the winner of the election," Miller said on "Fox & Friends."

"As we speak, today, an alternate slate of electors in the contested states is going to vote and we're going to send those results up to Congress," he continued. "This will ensure that all of our legal remedies remain open. That means that if we win these cases in the courts, that we can direct that the alternate state of electors be certified."

Electors from every state will meet on Monday to formally elect Biden as the next president. Those results will be certified by the states and submitted to Congress.

Miller indicated that Trump supporters will act as "alternates" in a handful of contested states, including Georgia, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, to submit their own, unofficial results. Should the Trump campaign succeed in overturning the outcome in any of those states, Miller said, the alternate electors could then be recognized by Congress.

Nothing in the Constitution or state electoral processes allows for such an "alternate" slate of electors.

Miller also raised the idea of state legislatures stepping in to overturn the results or of Congress interceding.

Trump and his team have been overwhelmingly unsuccessful in challenging the election results. They have had dozens of legal cases dismissed for lack of standing or evidence, and Georgia has confirmed Biden as the winner after multiple recounts.

Still, Miller's comments are a clear sign that the president will not suddenly reverse course and accept defeat once the Electoral College has spoken.

Trump has for weeks spread false claims of widespread voter fraud that his attorneys have failed to back up in court, and he has undermined confidence in the election to the point that polls show a majority of Republicans do not believe Biden was legitimately elected.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...electors-will-keep-trump-challenge-alive-post

Trumpism,man.

Every member of Congress who fails to confirm that Joe Biden won the election should be kicked out and forced to stand for re-election.

I'm not even joking. If members of Congress who are only there by virtue of the democratic process and the law refuse to accept the result of an election, then frankly they don't deserve to be there.

Last edited:
I know it's easy but... imagine, imagine the outcry from the Republicans if it was the Democratic Party doing all of this.

owning the libs lol

The Republican Party is a complete embarrassment. Omnishambles.

Never thought I'd see the day GTP defends a Klansman...
Ex-Klansman, who then spent such a significant time working to overturn everything he did that he earned the plaudits of a major African American organisation, it's almost as if you didn't read all the members who posted that information and just want to ret-con it into something it isn't.

Back