The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So when can these guys (now up to 126) be thrown in prison for sedition?

It couldn't be done until the next administration but unfortunately that would be political suicide. Can you imagine anything easier for the GOP to spin, and anything easier for their voters to rally around, than a Democratic administration trying and jailing literally a hundred GOP politicians? Bah gawd, it would be an act of sedition!

And that's why nothing will happen because it would flip the script in an instant. It is in the nature of GOP constituents to respond to aggression so unfortunately the Democrats cannot take aggressive moves because those GOP folks will go into bar-fight/road-rage defense mode, where despite having made the mistake they get angry at the people who didn't. These people have extreme tempers and under duress do not think before they speak or act. The only tactic that really works is to wait for them to trap themselves through their own idiocy, exactly like Trump has done, but which all these other GOPers have nearly done and/or are trying to hide by pretending they weren't milking him during this Texas lawsuit debacle, the prior four years notwithstanding. Every single one of them are so close to shooting themselves in foot, absolving Democrats of any blame, that it would be political suicide to push the issue.

Just saw this summary of voting demographics in the 2020 election. I can't say if it's accurate & there are many other stats to be extrapolated, but broadly speaking this is the swing nationally from the 2016 election:

White College D+11
White Non-Coll D+1
Hispanic R+12
Black R+2
Asian/Other R+6

This what the national polls just prior to the 2020 election predicted:

White College D+6
White Non-College D+11
Hispanic R+12
Black R+3

What it appears to show is a big swing to the Democrats on the part of college educated whites - significantly larger than the polls suggested - but on the other hand, the swing on the part of non college educated whites was much smaller than predicted. Hispanic voters also moved heavily towards Trump (about equivalent to what was expected) & a small number of black voters (about equivalent to what was expected) moved towards Trump.
How the polls predicted that I have no idea. Hell they could've given me a clipboard and sent me on a bender to the local bars and I could've gotten more accurate data than that. There is absolutely zero evidence here in the suburbs of Dayton OH that non-college whites would ever, and I mean ever, flip blue. Wow, whoever published that data should be fired.

The figures are affected by local & state particularities (like Florida, where the Cuban-American vote went strongly for Trump), but overall they reveal something concrete about the election results. White college educated voters (ie "suburban") moved very strongly against Trump, but white blue collar voters barely budged from 2016, notwithstanding the polls. This is what prevented a stronger Democratic "blue wave" & is the primary reason why the polls again undercounted Trump support. This was further reinforced by the move towards Trump by Hispanic voters (& "Asian" voters) - something the suggests that Democrats can't count on unquestioning support from Hispanic voters, who (presumably) actually favour quite "conservative" social positions.
I swear my observed stereotypes could basically be a voter demographics database lmao.

In my own personal experience, there is only one word you need to say to a Cuban-American to instill fear and dread and convince them to follow any cause to counter it: Communism. Oh man, I got chills just typing that. According to Cuban-Americans at large, literally any day now Karl Marx, Joseph Stalin, and Fidel Castro will rise from the dead and gather to renegotiate their terms, after which the very first houses and cars and monies they will steal will be those of Cuban-Americans, all of whom are clearly traitors for moving to the US and giving up on communism. Can you imagine the delusional fear it must take to believe that full-blown Stalinistic murder and pillaging is right around the corner if the Radical Marxist Joe Biden gets elected? But I've had some very long, colorful, painful conversations and that is indeed what I've gleaned. Cuban-Americans believe that Joe Biden is Fidel Castro reincarnated, but worse, and Donald Trump is their Lord and Savior who will finally strangle communism once and for all with his own bare hands.

Pure insanity.

How the polls predicted that I have no idea. Hell they could've given me a clipboard and sent me on a bender to the local bars and I could've gotten more accurate data than that.
You should try the bumper sticker method.

You should try the bumper sticker method.
Actually those didn't seem all that prevalent. There are actually far more outrageous Trump displays like full yard decoration or truck flags than there are subtle.

I don't think that's exclusive to Cuban-Americans.
It isn't but I think it hits home for them a lot more. They literally left a communist regime. Their fears of communism are well-founded but their subsequent support of Trump is irrational and hypocritical. The people and especially friends whom I gathered this from cannot explain why they're countering a perceived threat of imminent communism with imminent fascism, rather than the irritatingly moderate position the Biden administration will take. It's not like there isn't decades of Biden precedent to prove how the next 4-8 years will operate.

For people who have no dog in this fight about communism - aka white Americans - their support of Trump is not surprising - he's the Republican who won so they have no choice regardless. But for Cuban-Americans to swing from one destructive precedent to another destructive precedent tells me they're operating on pure emotion and little thought. Frankly, people immigrating to my country just to undermine it is rather upsetting. That's not why anybody else immigrates here. This is a position largely unique to Cuban-Americans and **puts on conspiracy hat** my suspicion of their motivations is no more or less founded on logic than their support of Trump. I mean, why else would a bunch of people who came from communism which was created by Russia move to America and vote to ruin it? They literally have the freedom to make no sense here and so do I. The freedom to vote to overthrow the government doesn't exist in Cuba which is why it's so funny and worrying at the same time. Of all governments, why would they vote to overthrow the one which gave them refuge if there weren't hidden motivations? **takes off conspiracy hat** I've already voiced my disappointment to my Cuban-American friends because before the past several years they struck me as politically nuanced and educated given their experiences and successful life choices.

Last edited:
Wow threats of secession are really being thrown around. I'm guessing there's not a single state in the union that could muster even close to a majority of it's electorate to support seceding from the union. The idea that you could somehow manage get the populations of Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio or El Paso (aka, where probably 95% of the GDP of Texas comes from) to support a Texas secession is laughably implausible. So let MAGA-world cluster into some unused corner of an empty state and secede and become one of the poorest nations on earth, go for it. In other words, GTFO.

Last edited:
Wow threats of secession are really being thrown around. I'm guessing there's not a single state in the union that could muster even close to a majority of it's electorate to support seceding from the union. The idea that you could somehow manage get the populations of Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio or El Paso (aka, where probably 95% of the GDP of Texas comes from) to support a Texas secession is laughably implausible. So let MAGA-world cluster into some unused corner of an empty state and secede and become one of the poorest nations on earth, go for it. In other words, GTFO.
They do this all the time when they don't get their way but it usually isn't federal officials doing it, it's just more like a local sheriff meme.

But hey if federal officials are going to suggest it then they should be tried for treason. I don't see what the holdup is. If they want to establish authoritarianism then the Biden administration should convict of treason and show them what authority looks like. Maybe we'll be nice and only give them the minimum five years and fine them no less than $10,000, aka seize all their assets so they can't afford to try it again. Here's your authority bud, happy Christmas.

Last edited:
Mississippi possibly. But then again they will try to "succeed" from the United States.

1d883178add293a8ef5ec9c4edabca7d7278069e533dd9a94072262a42275b74_1.jpg

I just don't understand #Texiteers. I can't vouch for this one but one of the people I follow on Twitter claimed to have seen a Parler post suggesting that when Texas "succeeds2 from the union the other forty-nine states should follow suit.

If all fifty seceded then what's changed?!

Last edited:
Butthurt.
My thoughts exactly.

I watched a few minutes of some of the speeches at the 'Million MAGA' march yesterday - it is scary how convinced they are of their own righteousness, and how unaware they are of the blatant irony of what they are saying - preaching about their values of honesty, integrity, and how vital the US Constitution is, while in the same breath lauding Trump - a man who is virtually the embodiment of everything they otherwise despise.

Meanwhile, Alex Jones' insane rantings yesterday were a scary reminder of just how dangerous some of these crackpots are, and his comments regarding the President-elect were beyond disgraceful - indeed they were bordering on criminal.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Alex Jones' insane rantings yesterday were a scary reminder of just how dangerous some of these crackpots are, and his comments regarding the President-elect were beyond disgraceful - indeed they were bordering on criminal.
I believe Alex Jones once got out of a lawsuit b/c it was argued he's just playing a character for drama.

I wonder at what point, that line was crossed and would no longer hold up in court.

I believe Alex Jones once got out of a lawsuit b/c it was argued he's just playing a character for drama.

I wonder at what point, that line was crossed and would no longer hold up in court.

Sounds like a possible line of defence for Trump in the coming years.

It's sort of the opposite. I didn't mean anything I said or did - it was acting.
But if he were playing a role that would necessarily mean he was not actually exercising his duties as the real President and I'm pretty sure something about that is in the constitution somewhere. It would be a ridiculous argument because if it stuck it would open him up to criminally neglecting his duties.

But if he were playing a role that would necessarily mean he was not actually exercising his duties as the real President and I'm pretty sure something about that is in the constitution somewhere. It would be a ridiculous argument because if it stuck it would open him up to criminally neglecting his duties.

I'm not suggesting he would actually use this as a line of defence. However, we have seen a version of this in his "I was only joking" explanation for various idiotic statements he has made in the past ... like injecting bleach.

I don't know, why'd Hillary call a KKK Dragon her mentor?
Must be a white thing... :indiff:
Byrd renounced the KKK and called it the greatest mistake of his life before endorsing Obama. He wasn't a Dragon either, for what it's worth.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-f...rand-wizard-of-the-ku-klux-klan-idUSKBN23O2K1

Loeffler's buddy Doles is a convicted felon with ties to several white supremacist groups, according to @Keef's article. Unlike Hillary, Loeffler's running for office in an election. If she's courting the supremacist vote, then that'd definitely be a white thing.

Last edited:
Byrd renounced the KKK and called it the greatest mistake of his life before endorsing Obama. He wasn't a Dragon either, for what it's worth.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-f...rand-wizard-of-the-ku-klux-klan-idUSKBN23O2K1

Leffler's buddy Doles is a convicted felon with ties to several white supremacist groups, according to @Keef's article. Unlike Hillary, Leffler's running for office in an election. If she's courting the supremacist vote, then that'd definitely be a white thing.
I was literally just reading the link you edited in from my Google search. Lol
After everything he did I think his apology and endorsement of Obama is a slap in the face to the American black community. Thoughts?

Last edited:
It's a broader topic;

How far can you go and still be redeemable?
How far do you go until you are forever irredeemable?

The questions get muddied with the passage of time. 50 years is a long time for a career but does the metric still apply? Are you redeemable 30+ after something wrong or, conversely, are you irredeemable now and will remain so 30+ years into the future?

I was literally just reading the link you edited in from my Google search. Lol

Wait... so you didn't research this before reaching a conclusion and posting?

After everything he did I think his apology and endorsement of Obama is a slap in the face to the American black community. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that he's gone a heck of a lot farther than Doles to try and redeem himself. The NAACP evidently think the same.

http://archive.vn/tt25Q

Last edited:
He's a former KKK member? If he's renounced the clan and is trying to change, redemption isn't something off the table although marching in Charleston 2017 is pretty fresh for many.

*continues reading*

He's the leader of American Patriots USA now. Err, a quick Google check shows another Republican candidate running for Congress, apparently caught a lot of flack just earlier this year for being seen with Doles, after being called out by a rival Republican.
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...p-with-extremist-ties/LtUVaLX44kEFMvK7ECIOdP/

One with decent intelligence would know better than to be posing with such a controversial figure when someone of your own party just got blasted for doing so 7-8 months ago....

Last edited:
Back