The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm beginning to worry if the Dems somehow win Georgia & take full control, Trump will not only triple-double down on rigged elections, but many of the GOPers will as well & actually consider trying taking action beyond lawsuits.
I'd wager that this not only happens in the absence of such a win, but that this will be standard practice going forward whenever a Republican-held seat in top level government is threatened. That's how far gone they are.

Edit to correct "threated." Really?

Last edited:
I'd wager that this not only happens in the absence of such a win, but that this will be standard practice going forward whenever a Republican-held seat in top level government is threatened. That's how far gone they are.

Edit to correct "threated." Really?
I too wouldn't bet against it happening. But here's another thought: Where will the GOP be in a few years time? I think Trump has done his damage and the party will weaken. Or perhaps an organizer will stand up and mention that they'll never win if they don't organize and manage to keep it together. The former seems to be happening, with several congress people renouncing their Republican membership, but notice that they've all gone Independent. And it's almost guaranteed that they'll continue voting on Republican lines. To me that actually suggests that Dems' jobs in securing votes will actually get harder, because Republican politicians aren't necessarily Republicans, and they can't easily be lumped together. Then again it also opens the opportunity to earn their votes since they aren't technically risking their party affiliation. Perhaps they really are somewhat reasonable people leaving the GOP. As for their supporters, I'm not sure, but I'm sensing "lost and confused" as well as volatile.

Somewhat related, I never read the book so I'm not sure if the narrative was followed, but I personally found the universe of The Man in the High Castle to be very interesting. I was pretty upset when it ended, especially on a seemingly stunted note. But since it's been cancelled, reality has caught up with it, and now I'm kind of wondering how much our political reality effected a stunted end to a show that I don't doubt the Trump administration aspired to.

On another front I just became aware of this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/po...ion-results-could-spell-trouble-another-iowan

A House race in Iowa was apparently decided by a 6 vote margin. What this suggest to me is that it's essential to have a less confrontational, partisan divide in US politics. You can't have either of the two parties claiming a strong mandate if they only have a statistically negligible difference in votes.
And a New York seat by 12. I've been watching these for a month, hoping the Dems could make their margin a slightly safer 224, but no. Wow. The Libertarian candidate got more than 2.8% in three counties of that district.

Unbelievable that I fell for the sham of Democrats being the commies who would take all our money. Damn the people who raised me! Why did they lie to me? And damn myself for falling for the Libertarian trap, thinking I was powerful enough to change a society of hundreds of millions of people. Where did I learn that I was smarter than everybody else, rather than learning to befriend people and work with them? I wasted my votes and helped throw elections. I'm ashamed of myself for not figuring it out until 32.

Last edited:
Tuberville may have coached a successful team but he's a ****ing joke of a politician.

Edit: Missed this.

I too wouldn't bet against it happening. But here's another thought: Where will the GOP be in a few years time? I think Trump has done his damage and the party will weaken. Or perhaps an organizer will stand up and mention that they'll never win if they don't organize and manage to keep it together. The former seems to be happening, with several congress people renouncing their Republican membership, but notice that they've all gone Independent. And it's almost guaranteed that they'll continue voting on Republican lines. To me that actually suggests that Dems' jobs in securing votes will actually get harder, because Republican politicians aren't necessarily Republicans, and they can't easily be lumped together. Then again it also opens the opportunity to earn their votes since they aren't technically risking their party affiliation. Perhaps they really are somewhat reasonable people leaving the GOP. As for their supporters, I'm not sure, but I'm sensing "lost and confused" as well as volatile.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Jim Jordan goes out for higher office, even president. That's rather frightening because he's a true Trumpkin and is every bit as corrupt a pol as his bronzer daddy, but while Trump may demand loyalty, Jordan would be more likely to command loyalty and be effective at rallying the troops with a Trumpy agenda.

Last edited:
Tuberville may have coached a successful team but he's a ****ing joke of a politician.

Edit: Missed this.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Jim Jordan goes out for higher office, even president. That's rather frightening because he's a true Trumpkin and is every bit as corrupt a pol as his bronzer daddy, but while Trump may demand loyalty, Jordan would be more likely to command loyalty and be effective at rallying the troops with a Trumpy agenda.

I'm not sure Jim Jordan has the charisma needed for winning the White House. Either political party is only as strong as the mandate they are given by independents and centrists. Trump captured them through sheer force of personality and populist messaging (not to mention the help of a deeply unlikeable and flawed opponent) and they delivered him to the white house. But they also dumped him at the curb 4 years later. Jim Jordan has one schtick - the surly prosecutor guy. He isn't the guy to build a coalition of voters, I don't think his personality is suited to it. That's not to say Trumpists wouldn't vote for him, they clearly would! But non-activist moderates? His abrasive and prosecutorial style (not to mention utter doomsday aura) I don't think would find many fans.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Jim Jordan has the charisma needed for winning the White House. Either political party is only as strong as the mandate they are given by independents and centrists. Trump captured them through sheer force of personality and populist messaging (not to mention the help of a deeply unlikeable and flawed opponent) and they delivered him to the white house. But they also dumped him at the curb 4 years later. Jim Jordan has one schtick - the surly prosecutor guy. He isn't the guy to build a coalition of voters, I don't think his personality is suited to it. That's not to say Trumpists wouldn't vote for him, they clearly would! But non-activist moderates? His abrasive and prosecutorial style (not to mention utter doomsday aura) I don't think would find many fans.
Yeah, that's pretty fair. His antics during impeachment proceedings as well, while undoubtedly a boon to his position with Trumpkins, are probably much more to the detriment to his standing with those same moderates.

Last edited:
We had Trump-loving criminal Michael Flynn bring up imposing martial law over unsubstantiated claims of election fraud, but now Bob Steinburg, a Republican member of the North Carolina State Senate, has referred to use of the Insurrection Act of 1807, which permits (with a set of events that must precede it) the use of military force to disperse malcontents, in an attempt to overturn the decision of the People in the 2020 election. The Act was last invoked in 1992 in response to the riots following the beating and arrest of Rodney King.

’Liberals are going nuts’: NC senator says he’d support suspension of civil liberties

North Carolina state Sen. Bob Steinburg knew he’d get a lot of blowback after suggesting that President Donald Trump could suspend civil liberties to protest an election they both believe was stolen.

And that was fine with him.

“All the liberals are just going nuts today,” he said Wednesday. “Somebody has got to stand up and risk being ridiculed, laughed at and scorned, And right now that’s me.”

Steinburg’s comments, first reported Tuesday night by WRAL, found a national audience Wednesday in the Washington Post.

On Facebook, the Republican from northeast Chowan County posted comments from controversial retired Gen. Thomas McInerney, who said that Trump should suspend civil liberties and invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act, which would allow the president to deploy the military to quell domestic disorder.

Steinburg said while he was simply posting the general’s comments, he might also support curtailing civil liberties. He compared it to North Carolina’s restrictions to stem the spread of COVID-19.

“If there were reasons to do it then civil liberties would be suspended for a short period of time,” he told the Observer. “But our civil liberties in North Carolina have been abridged since March. If Donald Trump invoked this executive order, if he thought there was foreign intervention, then, yes, I support it.”

Steinburg, 72, said he doesn’t believe Democrat Joe Biden won the election.

“Hell no,” he said. “There’s no way he’s president-elect. I think not only did President Trump win but I think President Trump won by at least 10 million votes.”

Steinburg’s comments to WRAL drew fire from Democratic Senate colleagues.

“Joe Biden will be our next president because he won fair and square, by more than 7 million votes,” said Sen. Natasha Marcus of Davidson. “Elected officials shouldn’t be fueling baseless conspiracy theories that undermine our democratic process. Sen. Steinburg’s remarks are undemocratic, irresponsible and, frankly, alarming.”

In a tweet, Democratic Sen. Sam Searcy of Wake County called Steinburg’s comments “embarrassing & dangerous.”

“Republicans in the #NCGA should immediately denounce these remarks,” he said.

It’s not the first time Steinburg has come under fire for social media posts. He has criticized the Black Lives Matter movement and efforts to remove Confederate monuments.

Earlier this month he posted, “It’s 1776 in America again. Our country and its Constitution will not be stolen or compromised and we will never heel to Deep State Corruption or Communist China — Ever!!”

Asked what evidence he has that the election was rigged against the president, he has cited controversial articles in Epoch Times, which the New York Times called “a leading purveyor of right-wing misinformation.” He also called attention this month to a news conference featuring Sidney Powell, a North Carolina native who was on Trump’s legal team pushing conspiracy theories about the election.

Steinburg said he’s not worried about Monday’s Electoral College vote, which made Biden’s victory official. He said that could change when Congress meets Jan. 6 to accept the results. A handful of Republicans are expected to fight it.

Steinburg doesn’t expect the media to portray him fairly.

“I am not John Brown at Harper’s Ferry,” he said. “This is the way some in the media like to portray you, that I’m some kind of crazy man.”

He plans to continue making his arguments when he starts a podcast in January.

“People can choose to listen to me or not,” Steinburg said. “But they can’t silence me. We’re going to be keeping the heat on.”
Trumpism, man.

Steinburg, 72, said he doesn’t believe Democrat Joe Biden won the election.
“Hell no,” he said. “There’s no way he’s president-elect. I think not only did President Trump win but I think President Trump won by at least 10 million votes.”
Ten million votes. I wonder which orifice he pulled that figure out of.

Last edited:
You hate to see it.

:lol:

Lou Dobbs Airs Segment Refuting Election Fraud Claims — Including His Own — In Wake Of Legal Threat

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs aired a segment on Friday that amounted to a fact-checking refutation of claims that he and guests have made about an election tech company Smartmatic and its role in the 2020 presidential election, after the company threatened legal action.

Other similar segments will be shown on Justice with Judge Jeanine on Saturday and Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, a Fox News spokesperson said. Lisa Boothe will host Judge Jeanine, as Jeanine Pirro is off for the holidays

Earlier this week, Smartmatic announced that it had threatened legal action against Fox News, Newsmax and One America News Network “for publishing false and defamatory statements,” after talking heads on the outlets have pushed claims of election fraud, including unfounded conspiracy theories of rigged voting machine companies.

Smartmatic sent legal demand letters to the networks, arguing that “these organizations could have easily discovered the falsity of the statements and implications made about Smartmatic by investigating their statements before publishing them to millions of viewers and readers.” The company said that its role in the 2020 election was limited to working on Los Angeles County’s publicly owned voting system, even though anchors and guests have advanced claims that it had a much greater role.

On Friday, Dobbs opened a segment by saying that there were “lots of opinions about the integrity of the elections, the irregularities of mail-in voting, of election voting machines and software.” He then went to Eddie Perez, global director of technology development and open standard for the Open Source Election Technology Institute.

In the segment, an unidentified off-camera voice asks Perez, “Have you seen any evidence that Smartmatic software was used to flip votes anywhere in the U.S. in this election?”

Perez responded, “I have not seen any evidence that Smartmatic software was used to delete, change, alter anything related to vote tabulation.” He also said that he was not aware of them having any other direct customers with election officials beyond Los Angeles this cycle. He also said that Smartmatic and another company that has been targeted by President Donald Trump, Dominion Voting Systems, are “two completely separate companies.”

“The ballots that are cast in the United States are tabulated in the United States,” Perez said, refuting another claim about votes being tabulated overseas.

In its 20-page letter, Smartmatic’s attorney J. Erik Connolly cited statements made by Dobbs and Bartiromo, as well as guests who have appeared on their shows including two lawyers who have been claiming election fraud, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, who have represented the Trump campaign.

Among other things, Connolly cited comments that Dobbs has made, including a Nov. 18 show in which he said, “I am alarmed because of what is occurring in plain sight during this 2020 election for president of the United States. The circumstances and events are eerily reminiscent of what happened with Smartmatic software electronically changing votes in the 2013 presidential election in Venezuela.”

In the letter, Connolly wrote that Smartmatic has no operations in Venezuela, but did election projects in the country from 2004 to 2017. It said that it stopped doing business in the country after the National Electoral Counsel announced results “that differed from results reflected in Smartmatic’s voting systems.” It then publicly condemned election authorities and ceased operations there.

Connolly wrote that the network “would have easily discovered the falsity of statements and implications being made about Smartmatic by performing even a modicum of investigation.”

Smartmatic demanded a retraction “with the same intensity and level of coverage that you used to defame the company in the first place,” including that it be published on multiple occasions and across network platforms.

“Beyond the financial harm you have done to Smartmatic, your disinformation campaign has created personal risk for the men and women who work at the company,” Connolly wrote. “Smartmatic and its employees and management have received countless threats in the wake of your reports.”

A Smartmatic spokesperson declined to comment “due to potential litigation.”

Dominion Voting Systems, meanwhile, has demanded that Powell retract her statements about their voting systems. “Your reckless disinformation campaign is predicated on lies that have endangered Dominion’s business and the lives of its employees,” Thomas A. Clare and Megan L. Meier, two attorneys for the company, wrote in their letter.

You have to hand it to whoever at Fox remembered how to act like a journalist and actually take their "fair and balanced" slogan partway seriously. I guess the threat of legal action from Smartmatic made them leap to attention.

Talking of lawyers, though, Sid and her followers aren't gonna like this.

I love that this seems to be the same plot year after year and yet it gets funnier each time.

Last edited:
A thought has crossed my mind and is one of the reasons I question how serious this all is. Not from an action point of view, I'm not insane, but there are insane people out there so I'm wondering why they aren't taking action. They're usually reliable.

There hasn't been a single assassination attempt on anybody as far as I know during this campaign and election nonsense. What gives?

Back in the day, when somebody was crazy and pissed they would try to assassinate whoever they didn't like. Sometimes it worked. But during my lifetime the worst I've seen is somethrow both shoes at President Bush. Both! What a maniac. Out of all of these furious and college-educated communists on the radical left, not a single one of them has thought to simply assassinate Mitch McConnell? None of these far-right coal-mining fascists have thought to assassinate Nancy Pelosi? Nobody is even throwing shoes!

I applaud people's belief in the proper legal channels but it's got me questioning how serious our situation actually is. If it's not bad enough to make somebody go crazy, is it really all that bad? Maybe all this drama is just made up. I'm doubting if there was ever a "coup" attempt because, well, nobody tried to stop it if you know what I'm saying. They never needed 2020 in the past to go off the rails and yet they choose this year of all years to stay calm and not start blasting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't wish death on him, but man, I sure look forward to getting the opportunity to dance on ****-eating Kenneth Copeland's grave. And while I hate that he's enriched through his platform, it's difficult to stifle laughter at the likelihood that people stupid enough to give him money are also Trump supporters.

Oh look, another one...

Eppyd1zXMAE4_Rk.jpg

Edit: I should add that he deleted the tweet shortly after publishing, so he's not just a fascist but a chicken-**** fascist. Wait...they all are.

Last edited:
I've been looking at some of these poll articles and it's...disappointing.

In a poll of 916 registered voters from Marist College released Wednesday, 60% said they do not want Trump to run again in 2024, while just 32% said he should run again.

Among Republicans, 67% said they want Trump to run – far lower than the near-unanimity he garnered from Republicans in the 2020 GOP primary and general election but more than enough to prevail in a primary.

Some 65% said Trump should concede the 2020 election, in which he won just under 47% of the national popular vote, while 61% said the results are accurate despite Trump’s unproven claims of widespread fraud.

The results of the election were deemed accurate by just 24% of Republican respondents, while 31% said Trump should concede to Biden.

Biden garners a considerably higher approval rating than Trump: while just 43% of Americans approve of Trump’s job approval as president, 56% of voters say they approve of Biden’s job on the transition.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...to-run-for-president-in-2024/?sh=592a7e9c6d61

Though maybe there is some hope
More than half of the Republicans, %52, said they would support Trump endorsing one of his children for the 2024 elections, 86% said they would support Trump calling for national unity, and 46% said they would support Trump starting his own TV network, according to the poll.

Some 78% want to see Trump help guide the Republican Party and %63 would support Trump to stop using Twitter to discuss politics.

Less than half of GOP voters, 49%, said they would like to see Trump leave American politics and recede into private life and 29% urge him to leave the country as he has stated he would do on the campaign trail.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/66-of-republicans-want-trump-to-run-in-2024-poll/2053400

Oh good, this won't be a triple-post.

Trump wants Supreme Court to overturn Pennsylvania election results

Undeterred by dismissals and admonitions from judges, President Donald Trump's campaign continued with its unprecedented efforts to overturn the results of the Nov 3. election Sunday, saying it had filed a new petition with the Supreme Court.

The petition seeks to reverse a trio of Pennsylvania Supreme Court cases having to do with mail-in ballots and asks the court to reject voters' will and allow the Pennsylvania General Assembly to pick its own slate of electors.

While the prospect of the highest court in the land throwing out the results of a democratic election based on unfounded charges of voter fraud is extraordinary unlikely, it wouldn't change the outcome. President-elect Joe Biden would still be the winner even without Pennsylvania because of his wide margin of victory in the Electoral College.

"The petition seeks all appropriate remedies, including vacating the appointment of electors committed to Joseph Biden and allowing the Pennsylvania General Assembly to select their replacements," Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said in a statement.

He is asking the court to move swiftly so it can rule before Congress meets on Jan. 6 to tally the vote of the Electoral College, which decisively confirmed Biden's win with 306 electoral votes to Trump’s 232. But the justices are not scheduled to meet again, even privately, until Jan 8, two days after Congress counts votes.

Pennsylvania last month certified Biden as the winner of the state's 20 Electoral College votes after three weeks of vote counting and a string of failed legal challenges.

Trump’s campaign and his allies have now filed roughly 50 lawsuits alleging widespread voting fraud. Almost all have been dismissed or dropped because there is no evidence to support their allegations.

Trump has lost before judges of both political parties, including some he appointed. And some of his strongest rebukes have come from conservative Republicans. The Supreme Court has also refused to take up two cases — decisions that Trump has scorned.

The new case is at least the fourth involving Pennsylvania that Trump’s campaign or Republican allies have taken to the Supreme Court in a bid to overturn Biden’s victory in the state or at least reverse court decisions involving mail-in balloting. Many more cases were filed in state and federal courts. Roughly 10,000 mail-in ballots that arrived after polls closed but before a state court-ordered deadline remain in limbo, awaiting the highest court’s decision on whether they should be counted.

The Trump campaign’s filing Sunday appears to target three decisions of Pennsylvania’s Democratic-majority state Supreme Court.

In November, the state’s highest court upheld a Philadelphia judge’s ruling that state law only required election officials to allow partisan observers to be able to see mail-in ballots being processed, not stand close enough to election workers to see the writing on individual envelopes.

It also ruled that more than 8,300 mail-in ballots in Philadelphia that had been challenged by the Trump campaign because of minor technical errors — such as a voter’s failure to write their name, address or date on the outer ballot envelope — should be counted. In October, the court ruled unanimously that counties are prohibited from rejecting mail-in ballots simply because a voter’s signature does not resemble the signature on the person’s voter registration form.

The Pennsylvania Republican Party has a pending petition on the state's mail-in-ballot deadline in which the party specifically says in its appeal that it recognizes the issue will not affect the outcome of the 2020 election.
And in case anyone missed it...

unprecedented efforts to overturn the results of the Nov 3. election

unprecedented

unprecedented

Back