The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is the proper noun Capitol spelled with an O when normally it's spelled with an A?

A capitol is where a legislature meets, a capital is an administrative or governmental city centre. They both originate from the same Latin word (caput - head) but as to why the word forked off into two slightly different alternates... me no no.

Last edited:
This might get uglyier soon, there's cops and national guards coming big time, ...just seen a women on a stretcher covered in blood getting wheeled out....

Someone has been seriously injured; person seen being carried out on a stretcher for a brief moment.
This might get uglyier soon, there's cops and national guards coming big time, ...just seen a women on a stretcher covered in blood getting wheeled out....
Source claims a Defense Dept. denied National Guard request.

Last edited:
I'm watching C-SPAN and the presenter is a nice lady but I'm amazed that she's restraining herself from calling out the absolute bull:censored: from politicians. Quoting tweets from Trump and Cruz, as if they haven't had anything to do with stoking this fire and blowing this dog whistle.

She's more diplomatic than I would be in her position.

If Mike Pence would be man enough, he would invoke the 25th immediately and throw Trump into jail and move against the coup attempt.

Where the eff are the thousands of police forcing them back/out?

It seems like the security implications were not well thought out - authorities not considering the possibility that the US had actually become, politically, a 3rd world country.

If Mike Pence would be man enough, he would invoke the 25th immediately and throw Trump into jail and move against the coup attempt.
How is he supposed to do that if everyone required to make this vote is currently unsafe and being transported to a secure location?

Ted Cruz and Kevin McCarthy are calling for protestors to remain peaceful. Too ****ing bad, they don't care about you. They only care about Trump.

You know it's a great forum when we can splinter off into a calm etymology discussion while a coup attempt is ongoing at the same time.

iu

On a related note, the BBC does know how to do journalism. No **** flinging, no panic talk, just calm reporting.

How is he supposed to do that if everyone required to make this vote is currently unsafe and being transported to a secure location?

As far as I'm aware, the comm lines are not down yet, I guess they could have some sort of conference call, I'd assume they have such technology available to them, it can't take forever to get them to a secure place. Plus if I'm understanding it correctly, only Pence was there from the Cabinet anyway, not all the other members necessary to invoke the 25th. Nevertheless, I know that he's a coward, just like Trump, so this would never occur to him in a serious fashion.

It seems like the security implications were not well thought out - authorities not considering the possibility that the US had actually become, politically, a 3rd world country.

If today's events were happening in Africa or South America, this is the headline:

"Armed rebels storm the nation's capitol building, halting the certification of the opposition leader's electoral victory; President issues statement of support for the rebels."

This is pathetic.

If today's events were happening in Africa or South America, this is the headline:

"Armed rebels storm the nation's capitol building, halting the certification of the opposition leader's electoral victory; President issues statement of support for the rebels."

This is pathetic.

100%

So I'm still seeing little to no action from law enforcement in the feed they're showing here. Have they run out of tear gas?

Back