The Homosexuality Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Duke
  • 9,138 comments

I think homosexuality is:

• a problem that needs to be cured.

Votes: 88 6.0%
  • a sin against God/Nature.

Votes: 145 9.8%
  • OK as long as they don't talk about it.

Votes: 62 4.2%
  • OK for anybody.

Votes: 416 28.2%
  • nobody's business but the people involved.

Votes: 765 51.8%

• Total voters
"Keep the politics out of school, it should be 2+2 and abc" is a political statement.
School is school, our fathers and theirs did just fine without all the pampers đź‘Ť
No they didn't. Bottling up emotions and never talking about them isn't dealing with it. LGBT students 2 or 3 generations ago certainly did not do "just fine" in high schools. LGBT students today certainly do not do "just fine" at high school, even with all the "pampers".

Yes, we all understand that eagles have a constitutional right to free speech and guns.

Last edited:
hmmmmm

What shall we teach then? This is the exact reason I support private schools here, and also why I cannot understand why non parents have to pay tax for the circus show :lol:

Carry on Gents

I see you have all the answers, good luck with that đź‘Ť

School is school, our fathers and theirs did just fine without all the pampers đź‘Ť

Yes, and if you go back not very far then our fathers were going to single sex schools, where there was absolutely gay stuff going on. Like, all the time. That was accepted as just part of the environment.

So yes, they didn't need pampering, they could just be gay if they wanted. It wasn't thought of as being gay, it was just something that people did.

Such a different time. Isn't it funny how society has advanced by becoming less tolerant of homosexual behaviour?

I don't think that is true at all, I simply don't see a need for a school system to waste time and money with it.

Because you're not gay and you can't empathize. But you don't see the point in teaching more than addition and spelling so your opinion doesn't really count for that much.

Not true, just not in the public school system.

Let's go back shall we?

prisonermonkey
An ultra-conservative senator is calling for a review into a taxpayer-funded program that provides support to high school students with diverse sexualities, arguing that it indoctrinates them to accept diverse sexualities as being normal. It's the same sort of rhetoric that was used in California in the 1960s and 1970s.

@Imari

Do you have children?
Have you ever dealt with the public school system?
Do you pay income and/or property tax?

I do have children.
I have dealt with the public school system in the U.S.
I pay taxes, yes I actually earn enough to pay both the state and the fed, as well as owning a home.

Whose point is exactly invalid? For what it is worth I've yet to run across any high school kids in recent years that don't respect all people, the credit for that does not go to the school system, but by all means let us just waste a bunch more money and time.

Last edited:
What's the problem with teaching children not to be jerks?

I mean, several decades ago, good manners and responsible citizenship were among the highest priorities for students. When did that change? When did people stop thinking that treating other people decently was something important to teach children?

@niky To be honest, i admire Paquiao, one of the good boxer. Just one statement doesnt mean he automatically makes him a fully irredeemable horrible person. It's just one of his flaws driven by his belief, thats all.

I was watching Pacquiao before he was a superstar. I watched his fights when he was just some punk kid from the sticks whose primary asset was his incredibly quick and lethal hands, and whose only concept of strategy when faced with a stronger opponent was to punch faster.

He is a very generous person... to a fault... the leeches that surround him do so because he gives out money like Elvis gave out Cadillacs. He's donated entire villages to the poor.

But: he's had a problem with gambling and womanizing until recently. And that recently is when he found religion, reformed and became a Born-Again Christian. While doing so, he acquired a fundamentalist bent that made him extremely anti-gay.

Beyond that, his political decisions are suspect. He ran for Congress, won, and spent his entire term training for and performing in professional fights. In his past term, he's only attended four Congressional sessions. It's amazing that there are no rules for automatically kicking out Congressmen for absenteeism, but since we've had one Congressman who ran for office and won from prison... while serving a term for rape, nothing about our government surprises me, anymore.

And his current campaign for the Senate has him on the bill of a person widely acknowledged as one of the most corrupt politicians in the country.

-

Pacquiao is/was a great boxer, and supposedly a very nice guy, but a great person to go to for advice on marriage and policy change? No.

Last edited:
For what it is worth I've yet to run across any high school kids in recent years that don't respect all people

I've taught middle- and high-school students within the last five years, and you are absolutely incorrect about this. We haven't crossed some magical threshold into an era where everybody respects and accepts each other - It's still something that very much needs to be taught.

And I think that's the point that you're missing here:

BTW it seems to me if a kid needs sexual support he/she won't be to lazy to utilize another facility

You're only addressing one side of the issue: the victims of the bullying and the abuse. What about the bullies themselves? If the schools don't try and take the issue on, who will? The parents at home, who are probably at least partly responsible for their child's bigotry in the first place? Somehow I doubt it.

Do you have children?
Have you ever dealt with the public school system?
Do you pay income and/or property tax?

And if the answer to all these questions is yes, then what?

None of those things make your opinion worth any more. You're trying to argue that your opinion comes from a more informed place than mine, when you don't know the first thing about me.

Don't appeal to your own authority. Make a reasoned argument why it's OK to indoctrinate kids that diverse sexualities are not normal.

For what it is worth I've yet to run across any high school kids in recent years that don't respect all people...

Then you don't interact with high school kids much. It's an age where they're learning independence and how to push the boundaries. High school kids are far more likely than adults to be disrespectful, simply because as children they can a) get away with a lot more and b) sometimes they simply don't know any better.

Children learn what's societally acceptable through direct teaching and through observing the behaviour of those around them. If they see the authority figures around them routinely treating gays as inferior, then they (rightly) assume that the behaviour is acceptable.

...the credit for that does not go to the school system...

No credit for anything that children become should go solely to the school system. You made fun of the idea that it takes a whole village to raise a child earlier, but it's true that a child takes experience from all that they come into contact with. Not just their parents and not just their school.

But you're fooling yourself if you think that school is not a massive part of a child's life. Things that happen at school and the behaviours that are taught there matter. They spend 30 hours a week for up to 12 years in the system, at a time in their lives where they're extremely impressionable. Hell, school is designed to impress certain skills and behaviours on children, that's it's job.

You can keep saying that it doesn't matter, but it does. And it should, because otherwise it's just daycare by another name.

You can keep saying that it doesn't matter, but it does. And it should, because otherwise it's just daycare by another name.

Had me nodding my head.

Except: They don't teach math at daycare. :D

-

Whether we like it or not, whether we agree with the curriculum or not, a public school's role is to train future citizens of the country that runs the public school. Which means they need to learn about society, about politics, and about why these things matter.

A high school is not training drones to work for corporations. That's what trade schools and colleges are for. A high school is training children to be adults. And part of being an adult is being aware of social and political issues and learning the history and mechanisms behind them.

If you personally disagree with what is taught at a school or with the general quality of education, you have the choice of complaining via letter, transferring your child (as I have, in the past) or teaching them better (as I do at times).*

It takes a village to raise a child. And parents are villagers, too.

*Although if you believe that being nice to people who are doing you and others no harm is not a proper lesson to learn...

If a homosexual is closeted and runs for an office of public trust, would it be better for him to be outed or to be blackmailed, or neither?

What's the problem with teaching children not to be jerks?

I mean, several decades ago, good manners and responsible citizenship were among the highest priorities for students. When did that change? When did people stop thinking that treating other people decently was something important to teach children?

I was watching Pacquiao before he was a superstar. I watched his fights when he was just some punk kid from the sticks whose primary asset was his incredibly quick and lethal hands, and whose only concept of strategy when faced with a stronger opponent was to punch faster.

He is a very generous person... to a fault... the leeches that surround him do so because he gives out money like Elvis gave out Cadillacs. He's donated entire villages to the poor.

But: he's had a problem with gambling and womanizing until recently. And that recently is when he found religion, reformed and became a Born-Again Christian. While doing so, he acquired a fundamentalist bent that made him extremely anti-gay.

Beyond that, his political decisions are suspect. He ran for Congress, won, and spent his entire term training for and performing in professional fights. In his past term, he's only attended four Congressional sessions. It's amazing that there are no rules for automatically kicking out Congressmen for absenteeism, but since we've had one Congressman who ran for office and won from prison... while serving a term for rape, nothing about our government surprises me, anymore.

And his current campaign for the Senate has him on the bill of a person widely acknowledged as one of the most corrupt politicians in the country.

-

Pacquiao is/was a great boxer, and supposedly a very nice guy, but a great person to go to for advice on marriage and policy change? No.
Celebrities or non political famous figures shouldn't have been into politics. Its also the plague some of our government have, resulting in a drop of respect said people. Minefield of Corruption and Nepotism also.

Why do you think Rubio's in the closet?

To answer the original question: if a politician is in the closet but public supportive of homosexuality then they shouldn't need to come out.

On the other hand, if they a Bible-bashing, homophobic hypocrite than by all means they should be outed. No blackmail though.

If a homosexual is closeted and runs for an office of public trust, would it be better for him to be outed or to be blackmailed, or neither?

Neither? If someone wants to disclose private facts about their sexuality, that should be their choice. Blackmail is even worse.

Unless somehow their sexuality is of relevance to the office that they're running for, but I sure can't think of one where it would be.

I remember back in 4th grade when i had psychology class, we had an amazing young
teacher.She was an excellent teacher and an amazing person.Some students in my class
were the scum lords of the school, pretty terrible.So our class was the worst.
One time in psychology class, a girl, who acted like an alpha female in school, asked
in front the entire class if the teacher was a lesbian. Everyone was for the first second
surprised that she asked such a question, but then everyone turn their heads towards the
teacher. And i saw fear in her eyes, she was literally shaking. But she wasn't standing like
a stud.She replied by asking her why does she think that way, and the girl, being an idiot
of course replied with the idiot answer "Just because you look like one of those pussy lickers."
Here is where i kicked in, being a good guy (btw, i'm not gay, there reason i stepped up was because i get pissed when i see people act like the girl that day) and asked her "So what if she is?" And of course again the idiot girl replies with an idiot answer with which other idiots follow "Ah so you're gay, you two are a pair."
Everyone joined the laughing train of course, which ran out of fuel at the end of the class.
If i said anything at that moment it wouldn't mean much to them.

I swear i would have strangled her if i didn't come to my senses immediately.

Point of the story: There will ALWAYS be people who don't like changes in life, like people changing sex or acting different, or being gay, etc. And those people are like grass weed. If you don't get rid of them, or in this matter, get rid of their thinking, it will spread and cause havoc.

English isn't my native tongue, so if there is something wrong or badly written, please tel me.

Being straight is so gay.

You jest, but...

Most straight guys I know don't actually like "women", they like female bodies. Most straight guys I know actually like men a lot more than women as a whole. Their friends are all male, they identify with the men, they have the same interests, and similar thought patterns. In fact, in my experience, women who behave a lot like men (or at least a male stereotype - sorry for the micro-aggression) are far more popular with men than women who behave like a female stereotype.

The men who seem to get along with girly girls seem more likely to be gay.

I actually thought i wrote this in the first post.
Anyway, it was the 4th grade of high school people, not elementary.
Though i don't know why would anyone make a joke out of it.

I actually thought i wrote this in the first post.
Anyway, it was the 4th grade of high school people, not elementary.
Though i don't know why would anyone make a joke out of it.

So why didn't you just say "Grade 12" or "Senior" year?

Back