The Homosexuality Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Duke
  • 9,138 comments

I think homosexuality is:

• a problem that needs to be cured.

Votes: 88 6.0%
  • a sin against God/Nature.

Votes: 145 9.8%
  • OK as long as they don't talk about it.

Votes: 62 4.2%
  • OK for anybody.

Votes: 416 28.2%
  • nobody's business but the people involved.

Votes: 765 51.8%

• Total voters
It's a simple misunderstanding, I actually thought you meant 4th year of college so whatever. Ignore the fact some respond in that way as they have nothing useful to say about your experience.

Dan
So why didn't you just say "Grade 12" or "Senior" year?

English isn't my native tongue, so if there is something wrong or badly written, please tel me.

Dan
So why didn't you just say "Grade 12" or "Senior" year?
Surprisingly, school year numbering systems are not the same across the entire globe. My school had Lower First, First, Upper First, Second, Third, Fourth, Upper Fourth, Fifth, Upper Fifth, Sixth (I) and Sixth (II). The first four (1L-2) were in junior/lower school, the next five (3-5U) were in senior school and the two 6s were what used to be called higher, college or sixth form

I think he's explained sufficiently that his school system is similar and has a 4th year in senior school, which in our school system would roughly correspond to 14/15 year olds. Not sure we need to keep raking over it.

It's a simple misunderstanding, I actually thought you meant 4th year of college so whatever. Ignore the fact some respond in that way as they have nothing useful to say about your experience.

:rolleyes:

That's a huge difference. Like we're supposed to just guess what you mean...

Exactly. I had no idea before.

Surprisingly, school year numbering systems are not the same across the entire globe. My school had Lower First, First, Upper First, Second, Third, Fourth, Upper Fourth, Fifth, Upper Fifth, Sixth (I) and Sixth (II). The first four (1L-2) were in junior/lower school, the next five (3-5U) were in senior school and the two 6s were what used to be called higher, college or sixth form

Is there any logical reason why they made your school have such a confusing system?

Oh dear, it really does :lol:

BTW, I think it was husker that said the school system is already teaching tolerance and etc. so why does the system need an extra tax levy to specifically address one problem? Also, the bad apples, don't we just reprimand them the same as any other trouble maker, I don't see the need for the special treatment tbh.

[/on topic]

I think he's explained sufficiently that his school system is similar and has a 4th year in senior school, which in our school system would roughly correspond to 14/15 year olds. Not sure we need to keep raking over it.
He just said 4th grade. Which for us Americans means 8-9 year old's. Just asking for a little clarification in the original post is all.

He just said 4th grade. Which for us Americans means 8-9 year old's. Just asking for a little clarification in the original post is all.

It's the same for Croatia, which makes it rather confusing indeed.

Education in Croatia Wikipedia Page
Primary education
Education in Croatia Wikipedia Page
Croatian elementary education consists of eight years, and is compulsory. Children begin school at the age of 6 or 7.[4]

• 1st through 4th grade, being taught by one teacher per class that teaches every subject with the exception of foreign languages and Religion, with subjects such as Croatian, mathematics, visual art (likovna kultura), nature and society (priroda i društvo), physical education, music education, and at least one foreign language (usually English, usually in the 1st grade and compulsory in the 4th grade). Religious education is an elective subject, and students can choose among Catholic, Orthodox and Islamic religious classes. The students stay in one classroom for the 4 years.
Anyways, the incident just proves that idiot bigots are an international problem.

I'm sorry i forgot to post it in the first post.I thought i wrote it.

But you guys could have correct me first, since i did say that if i had any mistakes written that you should report it to me.Instead you make fun of the post and completely disregard the event that i described.

Sorry if I came across as making fun. I knew I was missing something but I wasn't sure where the disconnect was. Your other post made it sound like they were 9 years old.

Oh dear, it really does :lol:

BTW, I think it was husker that said the school system is already teaching tolerance and etc. so why does the system need an extra tax levy to specifically address one problem? Also, the bad apples, don't we just reprimand them the same as any other trouble maker, I don't see the need for the special treatment tbh.

[/on topic]
Something tells me that this anti-homophobic bullying problem is not being funded by a specific extra tax, what are you trying to say here? A new government programme being taxpayer-funded doesn't necessarily mean the creation of new taxes and levies.

Just read prisonmonkey's post
He just says it's "taxpayer-funded", nothing about a new tax being charged to fund this. You even said:
If we need a social program to help with these type of issues I'd suggest to separate it from the school system, and use funding not from that system.
...so the funding for this program is probably coming from the education budget.

DK
Something tells me that this anti-homophobic bullying problem is not being funded by a specific extra tax, what are you trying to say here? A new government programme being taxpayer-funded doesn't necessarily mean the creation of new taxes and levies.
Unless money grows on trees over there, the money eventually comes out of taxpayers pockets one way or the other. Whether it's new tax revenue or taking from existing programs it's all the same thing to the people paying the bills in the end.

Wrong, I pay taxes and I mind.
I can respect that. I'm hazarding a guess that you wouldn't want this support system taxpayer funded because it's an unnecessarily cost in your eyes? (Rather than because it's supporting homosexuality?)

LGBT School Students? Hey I remember one from my school like 2 years ago...

To respond to the Original Post, I don't really care about whatever he's LGBT or not. as longs as I don't get involved with anything related to that. He's/She's doing his/her thing, I don't had to do anything with that. I might have a different believings but it doesn't mean I will go far away to someone and complain & freak out why he's/she's this or that.

and besides, we have far worse problems to deal with like school shooting, wars...etc

Back