The Homosexuality Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Duke
  • 9,138 comments

I think homosexuality is:

• a problem that needs to be cured.

Votes: 88 6.0%
  • a sin against God/Nature.

Votes: 145 9.8%
  • OK as long as they don't talk about it.

Votes: 62 4.2%
  • OK for anybody.

Votes: 416 28.2%
  • nobody's business but the people involved.

Votes: 765 51.8%

• Total voters
The ignore list is getting some good company today.
Then allow me to add to the conversation.

Your original comment makes no sense, possibly because you used the wrong word:

I don't condone it in my life
"Condone" means "approve" or "sanction". That comment appears to mean that you don't approve of homosexuality - which is fine, if that's what you think - but the addition of "in my life" makes it meaningless, unless you don't approve of your own homosexuality? The comment that you can't dictate what other people do in their lives jumbles any meaning out of your post.

Several people have asked for clarification and you've decided to label them rather than answering or clarifying.

I suspect that you mean that homosexuality is not something you'd participate in (or possibly accept in your own children) but it's not something you're fundamentally against. Which means you do condone it. However, I'm just guessing at this point, because your post had most meaning bludgeoned out of it.

Got to be a little more cautious SJW's are ready to pounce an opinion.

The header at the top of the screen goes:

"Forums / Off-Topic / Opinions & Current Events"

This is a *forum* for *opinions*. A forum is a place where we discuss things. In this case, opinions about current events.

This isn't twitter or Facebook, where you can post a status message and walk away. If you are invited to discuss your opinion, then discuss it. Defend it. The ignore list does you no favors here, because everyone else can see the responses to your post, which may or may not make a better argument than yours does. Using the ignore function here is basically sticking your fingers in your ears and going "Lalalala, you may be right but I don't care."

Speaking of which,@squadops still hasn't explained what the role of a taxpayer-funded public school system is, yet. But I'm not holding my breath on that, either.

What would you like me to say again?

In an ideal world there would be no need for a tax payer school system, but we are far from that. I understand the argument that funding one betters the whole, it bothers me that non parents pay into it but again, I understand that.

My opinion is to limit it, not expand it. The fact that it is mandatory by nature is not so great. Did I answer your question? Of course it depends on the law of the land, I'm not exactly convinced what happens in the U.S. is legal.

👍

Last edited:
What would you like me to say again?

In an ideal world there would be no need for a tax payer school system, but we are far from that. I understand the argument that funding one betters the whole, it bothers me that non parents pay into it but again, I understand that.

My opinion is to limit it, not expand it. The fact that it is mandatory by nature is not so great. Did I answer your question? Of course it depends on the law of the land, I'm not exactly convinced what happens in the U.S. is legal.

👍

That's better.

The question then is: Limit it to what?

If you accept that public schools exist, what is their purpose, then?

That's better.

If I reply I'll probably get warning points or something with the usual squad always ganging up liking their comrades comments it's a no win situation best to run and stay away from this page.

I really enjoy the people who jump into a discussion thread, make a statement just so they can be heard, then get defensive when they are asked to elaborate on their stance, dodge more questions, begin to add people to their ignore list, and make their profiles private.

That's better.

I'm pretty sure I've answered that numerous times already, but just for you 👍

abc 123

The fact that taxpayer dollars even comes into the conversation of homosexuality is ridiculous because if everyone is truly honest none of us really want the government taking money we earned for anything.

Homosexuality is something that, more or less, just happens. It's not a decision that gets made by any one person, it's likely (can't say for sure) a hormonal balance different to those of heterosexuals. Their minds see things differently, big deal some would say, but actually it is a really big deal. Most school systems today only teach children how to go through life as a heterosexuals and that's a problem. Quoting previously stated numbers, ~5% of students have questioned their sexuality. If we take the definition of student literally we get this, as per dictionary.com

any person who studies, investigates, or examines thoughtfully:
a student of human nature.

So, literally every human who has ever lived has been a student which in turn means of the world's 7.125 billion people 356.25 million of them have/will question their sexuality. Right, so we'll just not educate those 356.25 million people how to go through life because they are not heterosexual. That's a hell of a lot of people to just say 'Oh, the system doesn't work for you? Too bad.'

Then there's the people who bully/shame/hurt/discriminate/kill these people. They need better education as well, but in compassion or etiquette or just how to not be a stain on society in some cases (WBC I'm looking at you).

The fact is that the world as a whole has begun shifting into different views than what the churches have taught for ages, and the current Pope Francis reflects that. The problem is the people they taught are not ready to shift views because they don't want to deal with the fact that the lens they formed to view life with is the wrong lens to look through.

So to not help/educate homosexuals how to go through life because they're not heterosexual is just as wrong as telling a black person they can't come into a restaurant because they aren't white.

abc 123

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure most kids knew the alphabet and how to count well before primary school. Hell, I've taught Japanese three year olds the alphabet and numbers. That's how to read and count in a second language well before they're anywhere near a public school.

If all schools exist for is to teach abc and 123, then they're completely redundant. Because those things are learned way before the first year of primary school. So what do public schools really exist for? Or would you like to change your answer?

The fact that taxpayer dollars even comes into the conversation of homosexuality is ridiculous because if everyone is truly honest none of us really want the government taking money we earned for anything.

That's not true. Just as I'm happy to give money to companies or individuals that provide goods and services that I find useful, I'm absolutely happy to give the government money for things that I find useful or necessary. I would pay someone to maintain a decent road network in my area, for example. If that person happens to be the government, I have no problem with that.

I don't particularly enjoy paying for things that I don't find useful, but that's a difficult line to draw sometimes. I don't like paying for unemployment benefits when I have a job, but when I'm unemployed I'm grateful that they exist. I accept that in order to have things that I find useful funded I'm also going to have to pay for a certain amount of things that I do not. And that my opinion on what is useful or not may change over time.

Who is taking the piss?

abc 123 doesn't mean you stop where imari thinks, go ahead and get on with calc trig, shakespeare, whatever, just don't piss on my back and say it is raining ok?

That's not true. Just as I'm happy to give money to companies or individuals that provide goods and services that I find useful, I'm absolutely happy to give the government money for things that I find useful or necessary. I would pay someone to maintain a decent road network in my area, for example. If that person happens to be the government, I have no problem with that.

I don't particularly enjoy paying for things that I don't find useful, but that's a difficult line to draw sometimes. I don't like paying for unemployment benefits when I have a job, but when I'm unemployed I'm grateful that they exist. I accept that in order to have things that I find useful funded I'm also going to have to pay for a certain amount of things that I do not. And that my opinion on what is useful or not may change over time.

That's a fair point I didn't entirely think through because of the overall discussion at hand. I'm going to go on a bit of a tangent here and say that while taxing is necessary to run the country I think some of the ways it is gone about should be different. I personally don't like sales tax as it is basically the government saying 'You want this thing? Pay us too.' They already take money off of paychecks directly, why not do away with sales tax and calculate how to make the rest on income tax?

On topic:

abc 123

If schools are for teaching practical subjects only, at what point does physical education or biology stop?

Dan
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about? I'm talking about teaching knowledge and not demanding any particular social interaction. It really is not that hard to understand what I say, you might not like what I say which is fine, but I am articulate and such.

If schools are for teaching practical subjects only, at what point does physical education or biology stop?

Oh, go ahead and offer those classes of course, I'm all for it. I'm not trying to confuse anything, that is much different than what this has escalated into. You would have to go back and find prisonmonkies first post about the subject.

If I reply I'll probably get warning points or something with the usual squad always ganging up liking their comrades comments it's a no win situation best to run and stay away from this page.
Are you claiming that the staff hand out warnings as a method of controlling what opinions are allowed to be voiced here?

It would seem so, and as such that's a very serious accusation to make; I hope you are able to provide evidence to support such a claim.

Please ensure that your next post either provides such evidence, as posting knowingly false information is an AUP violation.

I don't condone it in my life but I can't dictate how somebody lives their life and what they do.
I want to join ignored party, so please send some ignor(ance) my way...... (confident I can count on you).

The only people I've known that would have even considered the question of to condone or not to condone homosexuality in their own lives were those that were confused about their sexual preference. I promise that if that genuinely fits your situation, 100% of the people in here (or thereabouts) will be all turned around in their attitude towards you, and show a care for you and your conundrum.

Oh, go ahead and offer those classes of course, I'm all for it. I'm not trying to confuse anything, that is much different than what this has escalated into. You would have to go back and find prisonmonkies first post about the subject.

The problem is that those classes lead on a fairly direct path to sex and reproduction. Then when you get to the sex part of the course you're saying to only cover the heterosexual parts, thereby leaving out the aforementioned 5%? With most school systems being based entirely around heterosexual society and ensuring that those people know what to do and feel, there is no reason why we shouldn't ensure that homosexual people know what to do and feel as well.

I might be throwing myself into the abyss for saying this but I'm going to say it.

Leaving out homosexuals from sex ed because they're homosexuals is like purposely not inviting black people to a party because they're black.

My point is, homosexuals are people too so we should be teaching them to be who they are and how to be that, just like we do with all heterosexuals.

That is not what I'm saying at all, you really do need to go back a few pages in the thread and realize we were talking about a tax payer program to give support to LGBT.

That is not what I'm saying at all, you really do need to go back a few pages in the thread and realize we were talking about a tax payer program to give support to LGBT.

Oh I read it, education just so happens to be a taxpayer program too which is all part of the point I'm making. Education systems are where we should be teaching people about their sexuality, but most if not all don't do that. That's were the support programs you are strongly opposing come in, because we haven't taught these people properly about themselves to know what's going on. If we teach children these subjects they'll more likely support each other instead of bullying the "different" kid, then you would have to worry less about your taxes going to support programs for people being abused because they are of a different sexuality.

Who is taking the piss?

abc 123 doesn't mean you stop where imari thinks, go ahead and get on with calc trig, shakespeare, whatever, just don't piss on my back and say it is raining ok?

If that's what you mean then say that. Don't say "abc 123" and expect the rest of us to read your mind as to what that entails. Does it stop at basic spelling and arithmetic? Media appreciation and calculus? Matrices and the finer points of characterisation?

You said "abc 123" and I assumed that you said what you meant, ie. basic numeracy and literacy only. Don't blame me for your inability to communicate your ideas clearly. You seem to forget that while you know what's going on inside your head the rest of us don't. You have to actually spell it out.

I personally don't like sales tax as it is basically the government saying 'You want this thing? Pay us too.' They already take money off of paychecks directly, why not do away with sales tax and calculate how to make the rest on income tax?

Because there's a difference in who it targets whether you're taxing earnings or purchases. It's fundamentally about which segments of society they're trying to target with certain taxes. But as you say, it's a whole separate topic.

I'm glad you know how to communicate GT 👍 thank you

I just realized, I should probably state for the record I agree with what the man said. Must learn how to be more clear.

Last edited:
582169_463091333714566_1912884240_n.jpg

Sums up the argument I think.

Included from day dot on the original plan, not some silly "special program"

What are you talking about? I'm talking about teaching knowledge and not demanding any particular social interaction.

The question was actually, what is the purpose of public schools? Not what is being taught at the schools, but what the purpose of imparting this knowledge is. This is what clues you in to why social interaction is emphasized at these schools, and why the government doesn't simply rely on lessons piped into homes via the internet... though given how expensive manpower is nowadays, that might not be too far off...

Also, quite glad you agree with this:

Oh I read it, education just so happens to be a taxpayer program too which is all part of the point I'm making. Education systems are where we should be teaching people about their sexuality, but most if not all don't do that. That's were the support programs you are strongly opposing come in, because we haven't taught these people properly about themselves to know what's going on. If we teach children these subjects they'll more likely support each other instead of bullying the "different" kid, then you would have to worry less about your taxes going to support programs for people being abused because they are of a different sexuality.

Because this is exactly what we've been saying for the past several pages.

well, you should not of attacked me for stating how silly a special support program is perhaps. Whatever, you guys just want a fight where there is none.

I will firmly state what I did from the start, to support sex in school is not needed, and not only do I not care for the cost, making someone special at the expense of the others around them is lame. My words have been clear the whole time, it's funny to see the attacks.

Give me a break, I'm all for equality.

This GT guy must be a bit smarter I'd think, his posts made so much more sense.

Last edited:
Give me a break, I'm all for equality.

It strikes me as the same sort of equality of a flat tax of $50,000 a year. Yeah, it's equal but it disproportionately punishes some more than others for reasons potentially not under their control.

You can just ignore sexuality, but it means that those who essentially lucked out and got one of the sexualities that our culture still treats as inferior, then you're 🤬 out of luck. Which is fair, in a way, everyone had the same chances at birth (presumably). But it sure sucks if you're one of those kids who lives in a community where you're ostracised and there isn't support.

Generally, in the western world the goal is to try and make sure that everyone gets a life experience that is at least minimally acceptable. Not to make sure that everyone had the same chance of not getting :censored:ed over. That's basically Russian roulette.

"Sorry, kid. Turns out you're gay. Better luck next time."

Back