The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

I sense some slight confusion in GTE at Le Mans. Core Autosport will be at Le Mans thanks to their wins at Daytona and Sebring and they are carrying the exact same paint scheme as Team Manthey. How are people going to be able to tell the cars apart?

Maybe they'll run a different livery. Maybe Porsche just won't care whether people can tell the car's apart, as long as they know that they're looking at a Porsche. Most likely Core Autosport just won't turn up. I don't know, 2015 is still a while off.

I sense some slight confusion in GTE at Le Mans. Core Autosport will be at Le Mans thanks to their wins at Daytona and Sebring and they are carrying the exact same paint scheme as Team Manthey. How are people going to be able to tell the cars apart?
core-autosport-porsche-911-gt3-rsr-997-2012--long-33808.jpg

2014-Porsche-911-RSR-Silverstone.jpg

If you can't tell the difference may i suggest www.specsavers.com

core-autosport-porsche-911-gt3-rsr-997-2012--long-33808.jpg

2014-Porsche-911-RSR-Silverstone.jpg

If you can't tell the difference may i suggest www.specsavers.com.

Here's the problem:

That paint scheme from the Rolex 24 was only run once. This is what they are running right now:

2014-Sebring-No912-Porsche-North-America-Porsche-911-RSR-Profile.jpg

And according to Patrick Long, that's Porsche's global livery for their factory effort (which tells me they aren't going back to the Core autosport livery)

Also, I'm not the one with the problem telling them apart so no thanks on the Spec savers.

Last edited:
GTE is likely to produce high passions this year, and, while I would like to see Aston Martin win, I feel that 2014 will be a race between Porsche and Ferrari, but it's honestly hard to tell.

So. Close everywhere. Sounds good to me.

I don't know I think the Viper is who will take it this year...

That's if they could have actually made it. :sly::dopey:

Really? I don't see an Audi finishing the race given how easily damaged they got at Silverstone. I don't trust their drivers not to throw it at the scenery at some point.

Also I think they have cocked up with a 2MJ choice and don't have the pace of the other two.

I suspect Porsche have built a car specifically for Le Mans rather than the WEC so they will be fast but if they keep breaking dampers when they ride kerbs then they won't win either.

That leaves Toyota. I think the Davidson, Lapierre and Buemi combination that has won the first two races will complete the hat trick at Le Mans.

With all due respect you don't win the biggest and most prestigious motorsport trophy in the world x number of years running being 🤬. I don't know how many years consecutively they have won it and indeed who with but I find it hard to believe overnight such a massive team could become so poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year was the only good year they have had in WEC/ILMC.

2012. Toyota didn't even race until Le Mans and yet after that they either won or would have won, had it not been for reliability issues, every other race that year except Silverstone.

2011. 11 round ILMC. Audi won 1 race. (Le Mans), Peugeot won 10.

2010. 3 round ILMC. Audi 0 Peugeot 3.

2012. Toyota didn't even race until Le Mans and yet after that they either won or would have won, had it not been for reliability issues, every other race that year except Silverstone.
So will 2014 be the year Toyota wins the one that got away(i.e. Le Mans)?

Last year was the only good year they have had in WEC/ILMC.

Hold on right there for a minute, because I think reliability does not mean the #8 getting crashed into by an amateur Ferrari, while the #7 pretty much crashed itself out of the race ;)

Edit: Oh I thought we were speaking specifically Le Mans 2012. My bad.

I meant the season, but If you mean Rocky's crash, that was 100% his fault.

Circuit CCTV proved that beyond doubt. The Ferrari took the racing line just as it had on every other lap. The Audi was trying something on it couldn't get away with.

Here's the problem:

That paint scheme from the Rolex 24 was only run once. This is what they are running right now:

2014-Sebring-No912-Porsche-North-America-Porsche-911-RSR-Profile.jpg

And according to Patrick Long, that's Porsche's global livery for their factory effort (which tells me they aren't going back to the Core autosport livery)

Also, I'm not the one with the problem telling them apart so no thanks on the Spec savers.

Well, if Core is going to run Le Mans alongside Manthey, Who's to say they might do an "Art Car" one-off or at the very least rehash the old "Porsche North America" livery or perhaps Porsche will give them a special "commemorative" one-off wrap. I dunno

Core Autosport don't seem to be on the entry list.

Core Autosport don't seem to be on the entry list.

Really? That's abit odd since they managed to pretty much capture a victory guaranteeing them an invite, but perhaps Le Mans was not part of the plan for the North American Arm.

Back