The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

Bp64oLPCUAAgLr1.jpg:large

Bp65sFbIAAAMY4t.jpg

Pierre Kaffer, Christophe Bouchut, Christijan Albers
10333761_916274898398824_3834165532697544360_o.jpg

Car's looking good, I hope it'll perform better than their P2.

So 5 Manufacturers (Nissan next year) for LMP1? Nice looking Lotus T129 LMP1. 👍

Anyway, is Lotus going for a full-factory program?

Zytek is still around? I thought they'd gone the way or Lola and Reynard for some reason. Anyways I don't like it as much as the other new LMP2 coming out.

It was Lola that had financial problems (which eventually led to it being bought out I believe by Multimatic). Reynard was gone, but was revived in 2009.

Last edited:
#22, #99 and possibly #79 can be crossed off those spotter guides with Radio Le Mans' permanent marker of doom (I have a feeling that pen will be used a lot this year).

It was Lola that had financial problems (which eventually led to it being bought out I believe by Multipmatic. Reynard was gone, but was revived in 2009.

I remember Reynard revival but what I'm talking about is how they aren't their racing forms that people remember that built chassis for multiple series. In that aspect it only seems like Dallara and Zytek are around for that.

Rees crashed on Wednesday in the Porsche curves. They pulled out pretty quickly, so I assume money was a limiting factor to getting a new chassis out to Le Mans in time.

The #79 hasn't pulled out yet. They will have a car ready and are waiting for special dispensation to run with a new chassis and a new driver.
In that aspect it only seems like Dallara and Zytek are around for that.
Dome are still around and newer players like Onroak are now doing it.

I'm not talking about new players...and I really don't want to explain the context that you missed.
Do you always have to be so combative? The Onroak was just an example to show that the Lolas and Reynards of yore have been replaced somewhat, not a contradiction to your examples at all.

But Dome are a genuine omission, as they have been building sportscars (for LM) and single seaters for longer than Zytek have existed. Unless I'm missing some super specific unspoken "context".

Do you always have to be so combative? The Onroak was just an example to show that the Lolas and Reynards of yore have been replaced somewhat, not a contradiction to your examples at all.

I know they've been replaced, by whom is irrelevant to what @RACECAR was informing me of that I didn't know which is yes Zytek never went anywhere. As for the combatitive jazz, I'm only saying what I think if that seems to be defensive then sorry, but you've only give yourself that context. I just don't care for stuff that seems to be showing knowledge that was never asked for in the first place.

But Dome are a genuine omission, as they have been building sportscars (for LM) and single seaters for longer than Zytek have existed. Unless I'm missing some super specific unspoken "context".

Then stick with this next time. What I asked had been answered already, and I'm glad that the Japanese company has been around that long...

What you missed was me asking and getting an answer, and then me saying why I thought it went out like it's competitors in Sport cars and Indy/Cart due to the financial struggles of a few years past. The end.

#22, #99 and possibly #79 can be crossed off those spotter guides with Radio Le Mans' permanent marker of doom (I have a feeling that pen will be used a lot this year).

And why are you so sure about the 79 being crossed out? Did it crash?

I remember Reynard revival but what I'm talking about is how they aren't their racing forms that people remember that built chassis for multiple series. In that aspect it only seems like Dallara and Zytek are around for that.

Actually they are, just now under the combined ownership of Haas Auto and Multimatic. The most recent project they completed were the two Lolas with the Mazda powerplant in the TUSC. They are sorta still there, just not thriving like they were before due to the Financial Administration (and the subsequent job loss of the employees).

And why are you so sure about the 79 being crossed out? Did it crash?

That was my next question after I found out about the #99

Actually they are, just now under the combined ownership of Haas Auto and Multimatic. The most recent project they completed were the two Lolas with the Mazda powerplant in the TUSC. They are sorta still there, just not thriving like they were before due to the Financial Administration (and the subsequent job loss of the employees).

Thanks so they were hurt but not left for dead like others. Either way good to see Zytek in form even if it's not the top tier like the old days.

Back