The New GTPlanet Scavenger Hunt...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,038 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll count facelifts as a .5 :)

So Casio gets 1 for the original spot, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 1 for a new gen, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 1 for a new gen, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift and 1 for a new gen?

8?

So Casio gets 1 for the original spot, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 1 for a new gen, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 1 for a new gen, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift, 0.5 for a facelift and 1 for a new gen?

8?

Commodores are a tricky one because they are actually distinct models with facelifts in between. For example you get VR, VR Series II, VS, VS Series II, VT, VT Series II, VX, VX Series II etc etc.

I think you are right with the 8 call though because the VK, VR, VT and VE are distinct platforms.

vrja6.jpg

Commodore VR

Sorry, but that's not a VR.

The Results:

1) Generation Game:

Casio:Vh = 1,Vk =.5,Vl =.5 ,Vn =1,Vp =.5 =3.5
Casio:Vs =1,Vt =1,Vx =.5,Vy=.5,Vz=.5,Ve=1 =4.5
Diego:5 FTW. Sorry Casio missing the VR hurt you on that one.

2) White Van Man on Speed - Find the fastest white commercial van

Yssman, not strictly all white but certainly the fastest. I'm just pleased our White Van Men don't have access to a V8 :nervous:

3) Does my bum look big in this? - A car most likely to be driven by a girl

Daan in stunning fashion!

4)Nice car, shame about the colour - Find a cool car in a hideous colour/colour combination

Diego with the yellow 190e. Find that owner and beat them with a stick.

BONUS - BMW 8 Series

M5Power
Joey D

Diego = 2
Daan = 1
Yssman = 1
M5Power = 1
Joey D = 1

Looks like it is over to you Diego 👍

The Results:

1) Generation Game:

Casio:Vh = 1,Vk =.5,Vl =.5 ,Vn =1,Vp =.5 =3.5
Casio:Vs =1,Vt =1,Vx =.5,Vy=.5,Vz=.5,Ve=1 =4.5
Diego:5 FTW. Sorry Casio missing the VR hurt you on that one.

UP FOR DEBATE.

According to Wikipedia, the Fiesta MK5 was a 'Minor facelift' (It even says so in the heading). Which should only be half a point. And every Fiesta was a 'facelift' or 'restyle' from the MKI to the MKV. Which should only be half a point each.

Right, so I'll shoot myself in the foot and take me out of this week's one by posting some of the missing categories.

3) Least expensive golden car. Find a shiny example of a golden car that is complete rubbish. Original value only.

4) Biggest hood scoop. Turbos, blowers, diesels... and passenger vehicle that has a hood scoop. We'll value it on overall size vs. car's size, so if Doug finds a Toyota Land Cruiser with a 4 inch hood scoop but Famine finds a Vauxhall Corsa with a 4 inch as well, the point would go to Famine.

I'd say I would only submit for the previous two categories posted by James, and keep myself off the ones I posted, just to keep the competition clean. Although James will be judging them all.

So are you guys going for the SL65 or another hot Honda then for the bonus.

Thanks Diego for posting up the other categories.

I have no preference, but in the interests of equality, we'd have to go for the SL65, me thinks.

UP FOR DEBATE.

According to Wikipedia, the Fiesta MK5 was a 'Minor facelift' (It even says so in the heading). Which should only be half a point.

Wikipedia's veractity is also up for debate. :P

Ins't the Mk5 Fiesta still a different Mark?

Casio
And every Fiesta was a 'facelift' or 'restyle' from the MKI to the MKV. Which should only be half a point each.

You can say that of almost every car on the market.

Casio
And every Fiesta was a 'facelift' or 'restyle' from the MKI to the MKV. Which should only be half a point each.

Incorrect.

The Mk1 Fiesta, Mk2 Fiesta and Mk3 Fiesta were generationally different vehicles. There is little-to-no part interchangeability between the cars. Mk3.5 (1993.5-1996) was a restyle - clear front indicators and some minor fiddling with the front suspension. Mk4 and Mk5 were restyles of the Mk3.5 - major part interchangeability - using essentially the same chassis (along with the Ka and Puma) and Mk6 was a completely new vehicle from scratch. Mk7 (2007+) is a minor restyle of the Mk6 - so minor you can barely even notice it unless you're looking for it (like Mk3 - Mk3.5).

Incidentally, I had 7 Polos (Mk1-4 including Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 facelift models), Mk2-Mk5 Golfs, 5 Civics (Mk4 - Mk8, including all saloon and estate variants) and all 6 Clios (Mk1 phase 1, Mk1 phase 2, Mk1 phase 3, Mk2 phase 1, Mk2 phase 2, Mk3) - but didn't post because I figured Casio had the win and it'd be boring to wade through 30 pictures of very dull hatchbacks!

Just like the VS,VT,VX,VY,VZ,VE are.

If you want to get technical. The VH-VS are basically the same platform (check out the hardpoints like the side, front and rear window positions and roof panel). The VT-VY are exactly the same platform with very little changes underneath and same hardpoints on the body only the front and rear quarters were changed between the models. Holden, and Ford Australia for that matter, just didn't have the development funds to develop new models so were just a constant tweaking of older platforms. Until the VE that is.

We are, but I think there has been a fair bit of confusion over who's categories are going now, what date they're due by, etc...

I'm assuming they're due today. I'm posting my findings when I get home tonight, although I won't be posting that much. I haven't been as active looking for them as before, to be honest. I'm also a bit ticked about only posting regarding two categories, but that's my own doing.

I'll also be posting next week's categories tonight.

Yes, they're due today. Says at the beginning of the thread anyway...

ImageShack is being..... ImageShack-ish, so I'll only post thumbnails from xs.to

Largest Estate Car - The usual purpose of these is to carry as much stuff as possible - the bigger the better! Size determined by length x width x height, as in previous catagories.

Late 70s Volvo 240GL Station Wagon: Length: 478.0 cm x Width: 171.0 cm x
Height: 143.0 cm = 11,688,534 eleventy million!!1!

Oldest stock car with one windscreen wiper - it's unusual to find a car with one windscreen wiper, but how old can you go?

Mid-eighties Mercedes Benz W124 200 (1985 - 1988)

Least expensive golden car. Find a shiny example of a golden car that is complete rubbish. Original value only.

1983 Daihatsu Charade. I have no clue of the original value, but this is the 1.0 litre, 3-cyl engine.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to nominate for this last one, but if no one else does, I might as well post something.

New categories:

1) Crappiest police car
Based on speed and cargo space, but must be a car or SUV, cannot be a van.

2) Are you sure you got the car you wanted?
Find a car which the owner has tried to transform into something else. A Fiat with a Ferrari badge is good, an Pontiac Fiero with a Lambo body kit is better... or worse :odd:

3) Fastest car with the most colours
Find a two-toned mid-80s MR2 and you've got something going. Find Ford GT with stripes and you've got a winner. Stickers/vinyls aren't valid.

4) Newest car with glass headlights.
Just so you know, newer cars have mostly plastic/composite headlights, while older ones tend to have glass and grooved headlights. If anyone needs further clarification on this one, I'll gladly post something.

Bonus:
Audi S5

You only get one point no matter how many you find.

With the Police car category, what is considered crappy? Really slow, not handling well, etc? I'm sure the Police Tahoes and Expeditions will put up a good fight against the Astras across the pond...

Good categories. But once again - vehicle for bonus is not sold in the States yet. Pick a different one please?

What I've seen two S5's.

**Oh wait, they are from the VAG HQ now that I think about it.

I've only got Estates, sadly... :(

f3hscavhuntestate1ei2.jpg

BMW 525i - 4.805m x 1.800m x 1.445m = 12.498m^3

f3hscavhuntestate2dh9.jpg

Audi A6 Avant - 4.933m x 1.855m x 1.457m = 13.333m^3

f3hscavhuntestate3uo5.jpg

Honda Accord Estate - 4.750m x 2.018m x 1.470m = 14.090m^3​

With the Police car category, what is considered crappy? Really slow, not handling well, etc? I'm sure the Police Tahoes and Expeditions will put up a good fight against the Astras across the pond...

Crappy would be slowness, lack of space, overall bad condition... For example, local cops here have (among others) Fiat Puntos... slow, small and non-dependable; I'm looking for something like that.

Doug
Good categories. But once again - vehicle for bonus is not sold in the States yet. Pick a different one please?

Gotcha. Let me get back to you on this one, later tonight or tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Is the Porsche Cayman global? If so, then that one. Only one point available for sighting per poser, I mean, poster.

Largest Estate Car:
I had to correct Famine's Accord dimentions - the width figure seemed unusually large...

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=110913&Honda

4.750m x 1.760 x 1.470 = 12.289m ^3

So the Audi A6 Avant take the point at 13.333m^3

Oldest stock car with one windscreen wiper

Diego's Mercedes-Benz W124 200 (1985 - 1988)

Bonus Mercedes SL65 AMG:

As usual M5Power gains a point here.

Least expensive golden car.

Diego's crap-tastic Daihatsu Charade. As it's the only nomination, the car isn't worth the effort for looking up its value...

Biggest hood scoop.
You fail!

Scores:

-Diego-: 2pts
M5Power: 1pt
Famine: 1pt

Well done again, Diego!

EDIT: Is the Porsche Cayman global? If so, then that one. Only one point available for sighting per poser, I mean, poster.

Yes. Would be happy to do Cayman or Cayman S. Or Cayman on rims. Particularly the last one. :lol:

What are you talking about?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Try Diego's post just up there a wee bit, or you could try the first post. Its a long shot but just may work...

So by winning by a measly point the last two weeks I'm effectively taking myself out of the race. No probs, I have more fun making up categories than actually shooting pics while (not) driving.

So just so we're crystal clear on it, you get one point no matter how many Caymans you find. One Caymman = 1 point. 300 Caymans = 1 point, and no life :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back