The New GTPlanet Scavenger Hunt...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,038 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, it's a "Most" category - spot two lesser cars, and you still won over a single Conti GT.

I assumed it was most cylinders in this case. For example a V10 4WD beats a V8 4WD. And so on.

Least Valuable Minivan

carspot001vq6.jpg

Mid 1980's Caravan - $240, according to the Kelley Blue Book.

Bonus

carspot003ra9.jpg

New BMW 3-Series Cabriolet - One point, please.

1. Least valuable minivan. Current value only. Must be drivable.

1980 Toyota

2. Mid-engined car with eight or more cylinders. Most wins.

DeTomaso

3. All-wheel drive car with eight or more cylinders. Most wins. SUVs do not count - cars only.

Bentley Conti Gt Convertable

Sorry about the photos but they were taken from a moving train!

Audi RS6

Audi S4

Audi S6

Audi A8 4.2

4. Most expensive British car.

See Conti GT Conv above

I didn't really get much time this week, so no entries from me. Here's the categories for next week:

Broad categories, so we can all catch up to Doug and Joey

1. Newest car with 4 headlights
Most cars today come with an integrated headlight unit that includes both high and low beams, and sometimes even the fog lights. What I'm looking for is a car with the high and low beams in separate units (stock), not counting the fog lights. If anyone needs further clarification, I'll gladly include pics. Additional lights aren't valid.

2. Biggest rear spoiler
Rice ahoy! Doesn't have to be functional really, but you know what I'm looking for.

3. Slowest convertible
So convertibles are usually sporty cars. Some are not. T-Tops don't count. Find those. Calculated on 0-60 times.

4. Largest FWD car
FWD was reserved for smaller cars, for reasons of weight distribution... but nowadays, there are some huge mammoths on the road and they're front wheel drive... damn them! Same as above, but highest wins.

Bonus:
Mazda RX-7 FD (1991 to 1999 model), or the one that looks like this:

One point per bonus car.

Alrighty, I shall keep my eyes peeled!

Awesome categories too by the way. Your choices always take a bit of thinking about. Like the one mirror thing from last time.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I try to go for more mundane categories. Taking the focus out of fastest/most expensive cars...

Does the RX7 have to look exactly like that? There's one near me that would have a chance in the highest wing category too...

Finding any standard RX-7, Supra or Mitsu 3000GT would be rare these days.

Finding any standard RX-7, Supra or Mitsu 3000GT would be rare these days.

Yep, can't remember the last time I saw an un-molested RX-7. Such a shame as its a lovely looking car.

It doesn't have to look exactly like that. But that's the model I'm looking for. However, the least unmolested is what I'm looking for, I'm afraid... you could enter it for the highest wing, still.

daan
Such a shame as its a lovely looking car.

I agree. It's my favourite of the Japanese 276hp cars

p8310001lo3.jpg

My mum's Chrysler Pacifica...yes it's FWD.

Height: 66.5" = 1.6891m
Width: 79.3" = 2.01422m
Length: 198.9" = 5.05206m

My mum's Chrysler Pacifica...yes it's FWD.

Height: 66.5" = 1.6891m
Width: 79.3" = 2.01422m
Length: 198.9" = 5.05206m

A bit missing there, Joey... for everyone else as well: add up the dimensions. Your submission would be 8.755 mts.

Ok I'm dumb...

4. Largest FWD car
FWD was reserved for smaller cars, for reasons of weight distribution... but nowadays, there are some huge mammoths on the road and they're front wheel drive... damn them! Same as above, but highest wins.

So I basically multiply the height, width, and length?

**ok I actually read what you were saying this time :lol:. Add em up and that's the number give you...got it.

There is one FWD vehicle that is almost too easy here in the US. Good thing they build them down the street from here...

Say, Mercedes twin-lighters count for the four-lights category?

are they four separate units?

i.e.: If one breaks, can you go to the dealer and get it? Or do you need to buy the whole set?

Largest FWD Vehicle:
Saturn Outlook

5.09 (L) + 1.98 (W) + 1.77 (H) = 8.84

===

EDIT: Fixed

You're supposed to add them, MAN, not multiply them.

Makes sense, but Diego said to add. Maybe he's just an idiot, iono.

Got it. I read Joey's post too quick and assumed multiplication...

There is only one other big FWD vehicle that could beat it, and it isn't sold in the United States...

You mean one of those old, awesome Buicks couldn't beat it? Probably not, because that thing was low.

A Rendezvous? Too low and too short...

I can really only think of one vehicle that can beat it, but I'm not sure how easy they are to spot across the pond, and furthermore, I believe the differences overall are going to be fractions of a meter...

Got it. I read Joey's post too quick and assumed multiplication...

There is only one other big FWD vehicle that could beat it, and it isn't sold in the United States...

I actually think the Enclave is bigger by just fractions.

1.83388m + 2.0066m + 5.12572m = 8.9662m

Oh and I got a picture of one to boot :D.
p9010013zv3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back